Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I resemble that remark..lol
Lurk this thread for ideas for (dot)can. So you (dot)com boys/girls shouldn't be threatened..lol

Yes, better than "blaze/toke/puff/etc on it"

That "Blue Widow Network" is a classic example of branding..gives me something to think about with my "stagnant" domains..

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/hybrid/blue-widow

I guess weed niche really is 100% branding. none of these "industry people" understand the concept of having rich keyword domains for SEO purposes.

all they are looking for is stuff like

GandalfWeed.com
VoltronWeed.com
UncleFester420.com

•••
•••
Lol not denying it...
P.s. That link that I posted..probably will be checked out by a lurker and or thread participant..my way of giving back..
https://www.allbud.com

that Allbud.com? is that yours?

I really need to get my fatass on developing some of my domains like that.

like my WeedValues.com or BodyPot.om or LeafVape.com

•••
that Allbud.com? is that yours?

I really need to get my fatass on developing some of my domains like that.

like my WeedValues.com or BodyPot.om or LeafVape.com
No that site not mine...just getting in the "pot" domains..it is a total new learning curve for me!

In fact just registered a few (dot)ca's ..working on Geo (Canada) + keyword...will post them when I have cornered the marker lol

•••
No that site not mine...just getting in the "pot" domains..it is a total new learning curve for me!

In fact just registered a few (dot)ca's ..working on Geo (Canada) + keyword...will post them when I have cornered the marker lol

sweet! Good luck buddy!

edit.....your post gave me an idea. I checked. Cannada.com

lol

would you believe? Taken since 2000?

also checked Cannagi.com totally fat finger mistyped this one and wouldn't you know it? Regged just last month

AND

it's the actual name a business is operating on? crazy!

Name:
Cannagi Buds

Organization:
cAnnaGi

Street:
Hollweed

City:
Los Angeles

State:
California

Postal Code:

US

Last edited:
•••

Stick with .com. Don't even think about other extensions...

•••
There is a few valid reasons that I am buying into that extension..

Currently, working on a few fellow Canadians to sell those domains too...Plus the good ones (lots are listed in this thread) in the coms are taken!
One last point, currently costing me $2.99 per (dot) ca domains.. So it a matter of availability and economics!

•••
There is a few valid reasons that I am buying into that extension..

Currently, working on a few fellow Canadians to sell those domains too...Plus the good ones (lots are listed in this thread) in the coms are taken!
One last point, currently costing me $2.99 per (dot) ca domains.. So it a matter of availability and economics!
Correct...good stuff in .com is taken, but great stuff drops all the time. It's also very cheap to buy solid aftermarket domains if you do the work.

•••
•••
Correct...good stuff in .com is taken, but great stuff drops all the time. It's also very cheap to buy solid aftermarket domains if you do the work.
@Keith operative word is cheap

1 Canadian Dollar equals
0.73 US Dollar

So

2.99 CAD =
2.17900USD

So that 200+ Canadian I spent earlier, was well within my budget..sure not going to Max out my credit cards

•••

...unless you get keywords like medicalmarijuana, marihuana, hemp, etc., I generally stick with .com.
Resale value won't be anywhere near the king's extension but does supply spare change when priced right...

•••
H e m p A q u a .com
F r o m H e m p .com

•••
...unless you get keywords like medicalmarijuana, marihuana, hemp, etc., I generally stick with .com.
Resale value won't be anywhere near the king's extension but does supply spare change when priced right...
I like .com, but good profit is good profit. If someone can spend $2 and sell for $200, that's pretty damn good profit. It's true the .com for that domain might sell for thousands, but the little sales can add up.

•••
Well I had no choice that .gdn extension is an awesome abbreviation of the word garden. Agree or disagree doesn't matter I have, skunk, sativa, and indica with a few more I can't remember off the top of my head.....

•••
•••
I like .com, but good profit is good profit. If someone can spend $2 and sell for $200, that's pretty damn good profit. It's true the .com for that domain might sell for thousands, but the little sales can add up.

...example, I just regged

Marijuana.sx

Don't expect to get much from it, but someone will see that the price is just right for their intents and purposes and the price was right in their budget as they would never see the word in .com, .net, .org, .co, .me, or even .info that they could afford, but there it is ONE WORD that they want at the left of the dot and it now is affordable for them to OWN!...

•••
Last edited:
•••
Vermont
Passed today; basic possession of 1oz, and 6 plant's, 2 mature. Going to the floor expected to pass.
Vermont
Passed both: expansion from 4 stores to 9 +/-.
Pennsylvania
Expansion of mmj from 27 stores to 90 +/-.
Federal
Along with budget was a piece to defund all enforcement of legal mmj/cannabis states iniatives. Effectively confirming the Cole policy's.

More importantly was a end of the Spring Legislative sessions country wide with no backtracking of any existing Cannabis Policy's.

The next window for and State legislative activities would be in the Fall for votes before Christmas.

Game on, this week we also saw some movement of url activities from this thread.

I suspect for the next 18 months till Fall 2018 we will see solid movement. Although real movement in the Fall.

For us it's all about supply and demand, for we know it's a wait and hold game. And branding that will be especially relevant in California and Massachusetts, every small town will have several stores.

The metrics for leafly.com look like a steady trek up a mountain. Every month forward moment.

I follow this subject, more the equipment business side of this. I do own a few thousand urls in this space all .com and nothing outside leaf, canna, mmj.

I'm a wait and hold on my entire portfolio.
I'm going to list this Summer.

Last edited:
•••
Australia Receives First MMJ Imports from Canada

The first medical cannabis products to be imported into Australia under the recently enacted federal guidelines have arrived in Melbourne and Perth, which means approved patients no longer have to wait for their medicine to be imported, the Australian Broadcasting Company reports. Until now, medical cannabis was only imported into the country on a case-by-case basis – now pharmacists will be able to have a supply on hand.

Creso Pharma and Health House received three types of cannabis oils from Canada’s CanniMed.

David Russel, Creso Pharma COO, called the deliveries “A ground-breaking moment” for both Australian patients and the medical industry.

“The Australian market has been catching up with community expectations while the regulatory framework around medicinal cannabis was being developed. Now these products will allow patients to have the option of medicinal cannabis treatments if it is prescribed by their physician,” he said in a statement. “This is particularly important given the unmet but often immediate need to access a timely medicinal cannabis supply across Australia.”

Health House was one of the first companies granted a license under the import regime, enacted in February.

Paul Mavor, director of Health House, said the import scheme makes it “far easier for patients to access the products they need when they are prescribed by a doctor.”

“We’re excited to be playing a key part in the Australian government’s efforts to improve access to medicinal cannabis around Australia,” Mavor said. “Being able to supply Australians with some of the world’s best medicinal cannabis oils is a tremendous achievement not just for us, but for the local market.”

Health Minister Greg Hunt has indicated that importation of medical cannabis products would be allowed until local cultivation and processing can catch up to demand.

Source: Australia Receives First MMJ Imports from Canada | Ganjapreneur

Cheers
Corey

•••
The Hydroponics Company - Debuts on the ASX

Key Points:
  • The Hydroponics Company lists on the ASX, following successful $8m capital raising
  • Experienced management team with proven track record
  • THC aims to be a leading manufacturer and distributer of cannabis products and equipment with multiple divisions (IP, R&D, Hydroponics and Greenhouses)
  • Funds raised will be used to expand THC’s market share as a key manufacturer and distributer of hydroponic equipment, materials and nutrients, and accelerate development and delivery of medicinal cannabis products
  • +17 years of experience in the breeding, variety selection and growth management of Cannabis sativa and this expertise will be applied to the production of medicinal cannabis in Australia
  • Medicinal Cannabis Research Licence Application lodged in February by THC’s medicinal cannabis division, Canndeo Limited
  • Over 600 products, 9 trademarks and 2 patents
  • For further information, please visit the Company’s website: www.thcl.com.au
Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
As of this posting... buy420online(.)com is available to register...not sure if it good or not (keyword 420) but decided to share!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back