NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MarijuanaJobs.info

Cheers
Corey

Nice one!

I grabbed WeedIndeed (ca) a few months ago... figured it was pretty awesome because it rhymed.... but I guess it could be the Indeed for weed! Maybe I should develop...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Before going to sleep yesterday I thought I'd check on expiring domains and I found cannabis*ic / com with approx 20 minutes left till its auction ends. I put a bid on it and slept. I received a receipt today that it was successfully purchased (cost: my bid + 1 year renewal). My first ever bid in an auction and I actually won it!

Thoughts on the name guys?

•••
Before going to sleep yesterday I thought I'd check on expiring domains and I found cannabis*ic / com with approx 20 minutes left till its auction ends. I put a bid on it and slept. I received a receipt today that it was successfully purchased (cost: my bid + 1 year renewal). My first ever bid in an auction and I actually won it!

$$??

•••

When I first saw the name I thought "cannabasic" like in basic cannabis. The "bisic" name is valued at $1,494 at GD, and the "basic" name is valued at $1,300, but the owner is asking $2,395. While appraisals like these don't mean a lot, they can mean a lot when it comes to selling domains to end users. You must have liked the name to buy it...what would you use it for?

•••

Less than 30 AUD incl. renewal. Absolutely no one bid on it to my surprise. It only had 1 view when I found it. Kinda made me skeptical but I loved the name nonetheless.

•••
•••
cannabis*ic / com
Maybe Cannabis International Company
Even with no Internet history, under 15 characters, can be said out loud..First word is great keyword = brandable!

Personally..lowest I try to sell it for is 10X's what you paid for.(I try that price 2-3 months before renewal if I didn't want to keep)

Highest probably 100X's

Since you got the (dot)com..try to sell to other extensions owners!
Also not a bad idea since you own the (dot)com (be like Cory) try to register in your countries/neighbouring(neighboring country extension

Great forum tip on OUTSOURCING: read, take notes, reread etc

https://www.namepros.com/blog/daily-dose-outbound-techniques.863492/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/outbound-process-for-beginners.1101291/
(Note, listed in order of age only)

•••
•••
Acquired CBDhub dot com
Nice !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to big players Europe going to be a future big market for them.

"The legal-cannabis trend is about to take on a Continental flavor, according to executives with some of the biggest marijuana companies in Canada.

Canopy Growth Corp., expects England to have a fully developed pot market, on par with what Canada has today, within five years.

“Europe is a big deal,” according to Linton, who told a cannabis investors conference Tuesday in London that all points of the compass are in play."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...es-see-european-market-booming-in-a-few-years

•••
CBDdirection directons dot com

ExactlyCBD dot com

LowDoseTHC dot com

•••
No shame at all in saying Ive created many $9 wish cards

Without specifying them (nda with buyers) almost all of the names, with the exception of one, I've been blessed to move this year were hand regs...keep the dream alive! (all were xxxx)

The problem is that new investors do spend big bucks. They register tons of domains that actually require huge annual fees to maintain. They should research and buy 1 or 2 aftermarket domains that require almost nothing to renew each year.

This is soooooooo true. If I could turn back the hands of time the tens of thousands I have spent over the years would have served me better had I put that money into a handful of carefully selected aftermarket buys.

The handregs referred to above came after years of registering silly and impetuous names...only with the passage of time and money have I learned to handreg with a degree of success.

weed / stories / dot com (thinking I will fire up a blog on this one soon---time permitting)

•••
All these years and all i have is cbd dabber :xf.frown:

Coughee. Saw that on some packaging yesterday too

•••
Maybe Cannabis International Company
Even with no Internet history, under 15 characters, can be said out loud..First word is great keyword = brandable!

Personally..lowest I try to sell it for is 10X's what you paid for.(I try that price 2-3 months before renewal if I didn't want to keep)

Highest probably 100X's

Since you got the (dot)com..try to sell to other extensions owners!
Also not a bad idea since you own the (dot)com (be like Cory) try to register in your countries/neighbouring(neighboring country extension

Great forum tip on OUTSOURCING: read, take notes, reread etc

https://www.namepros.com/blog/daily-dose-outbound-techniques.863492/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/outbound-process-for-beginners.1101291/
(Note, listed in order of age only)

Thank you for these links mate! I am a beginner so basically anything I read teaches me something new.

I tried to reg the .ca alternative but apparently it is restricted to Canadian residents (thought we were pals?) see, that's something new.

IC to stand for International Company.. Didn't think of it as an acronym yet honestly. Got it thinking it goes like 'terrific' or 'diabetic'. Thanks for the heads up!

As for the price, I'm going to try to stretch it as much as I can, have plenty of time to sell this name. More and mpre countries are starting to consider legalizing. Might even renew a couple of years before I find the right buyer. Heard someone sold a cannabis name for 24k somewhere?
100x30=3k (your appraisal)
3k x 8 (the Chinese 'furtune' number) = 24k.
It all makes sense now! *mind blown emoji*

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yeah, I don't have many. Only a couple of "CBD" names and only 1 might be of any value.

this is when its time to spark up the good ol creative grass...

just hand reg after the morning coffee toke

cbdpetworld dot com .

i feel it has strength in the $70 Billion Dollar Pet Industry. $15 Billion of that is Pet Care related.

•••
CBDCompo(.)com
CBDClinique(.)ca

Not sure, but I may have just hit a HIGH note with one or the other. "Compo" is actually a word meaning "composition" whose origin goes back to 1823 seen here; https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/compo

and

"Clinique" whose origin is french and goes back to 1620. Note, I reg'd it for Canada and may consider regging it for other countries where clinique means the same.

•••
I absolutely loved the name that I'm not gonna let go of it so easily. My best cannabis domain yet imo.

Sell it lol.
I like your style @Jay Ha , if you yourself like the name, that is what really matters, good luck with it!!

•••
Clinique is heavily trademarked, I wouldn't want to get that letter from their lawyers. Yes I've had a few. Don't want to be a Buzzkill. I'm normally very enthusiastic.

That being said Trademarked , Medica was just traded for $550. I've tried ( to no avail ) too sell my mistakes to Pharma where I mistakenly fell into their legal departments scope. I quickly ditched them.

Este Lauder? Or Clinique They also just launched under the Orgins brand a new face mask with cannabinoids.

Although in home care I believe that it will be a few that have cannabis lines.( and few domain sales ) Its very expensive bringing womens care items to the market, FDA approvals and health department regulations. Whoopie Goldberg is at the forefront of this . Unlike the craft beer ; or craft cannabis fun drinks, this I do feel will have many localized entries as well as the big players; see 4 Billion invested by Carona into Canopy G? I forget.

Pet Care, absolutely. Although it's a tough branding situation. Anything close to Cannabis or Marijuana won't work. It's a CBD, brandables, and Leaf :) ok it's a stretch, thc is poison to a dog, cannabinoids are a holistic medicine. I had a conference call with a national pet store chain on Leafvet. I have a bunch like that. As a overlay brand, they were at just the beginning stages of understanding the potential, exploratory best explained the conference call. They will call back, it's a complicated situation in pet care.

Just my 2cents worth. Hope this helps. Communication amongst everyone here will create a better overall understanding for the future for cannabis domains.

Danny

Last edited:
•••
Clinique is heavily trademarked, I wouldn't want to get that letter from their lawyers. Yes I've had a few. Don't want to be a Buzzkill. I'm normally very enthusiastic.

That being said Tradenarked , Medica was just traded for $550. I've tried ( to no avail ) too sell my mistakes to Pharma where I mistakenly fell into their legal departments scope. I quickly ditched them.

Este Lauder? Or Clinique They also just launched under the Orgins brand a new face mask with cannabinoids.

Although in home care I believe that it will be a few that have cannabis lines.( and few domain sales ) Its very expensive bringing womens care items to the market, FDA approvals and health department regulations. Whoopie Goldberg is at the forefront of this . Unlike the craft beer ; or craft cannabis fun drinks, this I do feel will have many localized entries as well as the big players; see 4 Billion invested by Carona into Canopy G? I forget.

Just my 2cents worth. Hope this helps. Communication amongst everyone here will create a better overall understanding for the future for cannabis domains.

Learfurl...having been self employed for almost 50 yeas, and having trademarked a few names myself I'm not really concerned about getting a letter from a lawyer about a domain that may or may not be owned by a 501c3 charity group I've been involved with for years, and benefits alzheimer's patients. Note from this list, many a trademark has been issued by the USPTO that does not infringe on "Clinique", the cosmetic company. Also note that the domain I reg'd is for CA, and I plan on researching their trademark laws as well. Thanks for your input.

Finally, I've reg'd two other domains using "Clinique" that could be very popular that don't come close to violating trademark law.

Serial Number Reg. Number Word Mark Check Status Live/Dead
1 88030155 CLINIQUE SMART CLINICAL TSDR LIVE
2 87432143 CLINIQUE FOR MEN SUPER ENERGIZER TSDR LIVE
3 87401561 CLINIQUE MY HAPPY. TSDR LIVE
4 87297038 5576531 CLINIQUE POP SPLASH TSDR LIVE
5 87034537 CLINIQUE SUPERPOWER TSDR LIVE
6 87361707 CLINIQUE FOR MEN TSDR LIVE
7 87798442 CLINIQUE FOR MEN SUPER ENERGIZER FRESH TSDR LIVE
8 87666877 CLINIQUE CLINICAL REALITY TSDR LIVE
9 87505693 5522477 CLINIQUE TSDR LIVE
10 87531762 CLINIQUE ID TSDR LIVE
11 87434670 CLINIQUE FRESH PRESSED CLINICAL TSDR LIVE
12 87004323 5215167 THE CLINIQUE DIFFERENCE INITIATIVE TSDR LIVE
13 87006488 LC LASER CLINIQUE LOOKING YOUNG NEVER GETS OLD TSDR DEAD
14 86489267 CLINIQUE STUBBY STICK TSDR DEAD
15 86577722 CLINIQUE SERVICE AS YOU LIKE IT TSDR LIVE
16 86142001 CLINIQUE SMART BAR TSDR LIVE
17 86121518 CLINIQUE EXACT POWER TSDR DEAD
18 86926126 5242381 CLINIQUE BIY TSDR LIVE
19 86654991 5242012 CLINIQUE POP OIL TSDR LIVE
20 86647141 5228668 CLINIQUE POP GLAZE TSDR LIVE
21 86751043 5214651 CLINIQUE FRESH PRESSED TSDR LIVE
22 86587994 5214513 CLINIQUE POP LIQUID TSDR LIVE
23 86913297 CLINIQUE CONFIDENCE INITIATIVE TSDR DEAD
24 86047806 CLINIQUE BEYOND ROSE TSDR DEAD
25 86898898 · CLINICALLY PROVEN · EPROUVE EN CLINIQUE TSDR DEAD
26 86504131 5041951 CLINIQUE PEP START TSDR LIVE
27 86577725 4974546 CLINIQUE SKINNY STICK TSDR LIVE
28 86388407 4969508 CLINIQUE SWEET POTS TSDR LIVE
29 86333253 4969358 CLINIQUE SMART NIGHT TSDR LIVE
30 86560475 4876989 CLINIQUE TSDR LIVE
31 86736915 SMILE CLINIQUE TSDR DEAD
32 86299334 CLINIQUE 3D TSDR DEAD
33 86376964 4761943 CLINIQUE POP TSDR LIVE
34 86122727 CLINIQUE SKINNY STICK TSDR DEAD
35 86286462 NATURAL BEAUTY CLINIQUE TSDR DEAD
36 86045125 4594306 CLINIQUE SMART TSDR LIVE
37 85746114 4324494 C CLINIQUE TSDR LIVE
38 85745961 4317233 CLINIQUE TSDR LIVE
39 85497461 4209127 C CLINIQUE TSDR LIVE
40 85579774 4359941 C CLINIQUE TSDR LIVE
41 85703190 4316865 CLINIQUE LID SMOOTHIE TSDR LIVE
42 85625553 4237796 CLINIQUE EVEN BETTER TSDR LIVE
43 85840304 GUARANTEED CLINIQUE AUTHENTIC OFFICIAL SITE TSDR DEAD
44 85941038 CLINIQUE FOR MEN TSDR DEAD
45 85499982 CLINIQUE SELECT AUTHORIZED RETAILER TSDR DEAD
46 85941059 4593960 CLINIQUE FOR MEN TSDR LIVE
47 85782366 4423069 CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING LOTION + TSDR LIVE
48 85716987 4467365 CLINIQUE SUPERPRIMER TSDR LIVE
49 85655133 THE BOUGAINVILLEA CLINIQUE TSDR DEAD
50 85621871 CLINIQUE TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. TSDR DEAD

•••
I'm not a trademark pro; but it looks like all those are many are Clinique in womens care.

Saw a real estate one. Trust me Clinique won't be happy. I can see their team of inhouse attorneys all over a canna registration with their trademarks.

I've been sued by a large pharma. And they didn't just want the domains back. It was like stepping into a pile of dog ***. Yes a two word Canna name ( all of them ) and their trademark. That I had no idea, Biogen.

I was in Miami and biogenesis was Arods steroid company went bankrupt, so I was like cool name. Biogen, did not do my research, oops.

Want to talk about a cluster f. It's a understatement how pissed they were.

Mby a lawyer can jump on here.

If I see a trademark I don't even go close to it. Especially in homecare and pharma.

I also successfully navigated a leaf trademark through the system. Went all the way thru the legal process, even going as far as paying for about a hundred hours or so in legal fees ( $320 a hour ) to get a great trademark in environmental equipment It's a perilous system fraught with costs and delays. Especially since at the core of what we do is environmental controls for all indoor growing; Took years even with that

People especially in house council will defend these trademarks with ambition that few, accept Rick Schwartz has the ability to fund.

He won on the Queen, cant even fathom the legal bill to go up against Britain and the Monarchy. Not for nothing Clinique wouldn't be far behind.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not a trademark pro; but it looks like all those are many are Clinique in womens care.

Saw a real estate one. Trust me Clinique won't be happy. I can see their team of inhouse attorneys all over a canna registration with their trademarks.

Mby a lawyer can jump on here.

If I see a trademark I don't even go close to it. Especially in homecare and pharma.
That's my point Leafurl, but there are no trademark vioations for domains like HealthClinique, RehabClinique etc. where clinique the word means clinic in French, Italian, Spanish and even English. If I'm looking to register a domain that can help millions of people in pain, and it's done in the name of charity, I don't think there's a problem. It's a real shame that members of this forum don't understand how business works, but some people/domainers are just ignorant or is that arrogant:xf.rolleyes: Either way, I own the domain and plan on regging some more ideal for Clinique, "the word", not the cosmetic trademark. Stay tuned

•••
@Bulloney as long as you have consent from the trademark holder, or a license from the trademark holder, you should be ok.

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back