IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi the posts about dopeydomains.com got deleted as being off-topic - but someone really has registered that domain today, not me, I have other domains to laugh at. One of these days I will post some more of the free domains I found.

Carob...actually "dopey" is an English word verified by two credible sources;

1. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dopey
2. https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/dopey?q=dopey

and it's not trademarked as seen here;
fyi, this is the only info provided by USPTO when you key "dopey" into their search program

Serial Number
Reg. Number Word Mark Check Status Live/Dead
1 87715806 DOPEY DONNIE TSDR LIVE
2 85756405 DOPEY BASTID TSDR DEAD
3 78536528 DOOF TSDR DEAD
4 77574864 DOPEY COWBOY TSDR DEAD
5 74407209 DOPEY DINOSAURS TSDR DEAD

Since registering the name(s) yesterday, I've reg'd three more Dopey Names ;

1. DopeyTreats(.)com
2. DopeyDiner(.)com
3. DopeyStuff(.)com

Last i checked Marijuana is dope aka a narcotic and a drug....dopey is a derivative of dope, thus my reason for sharing my domains on a thread appropriately called, "Showcase and Discuss Marijuana/Pot/Hemp/Cannabis domains.

Thanks Carob for mentioning this giving me the opportunity to Showcase my domains and my research to support them.

•••
And here's a few free names in this greenrush niche:

leafcomp

Thanks - I picked this up to go with my real estate stuff I am building out around leaf ;)

•••
Carob...actually "dopey" is an English word verified by two credible sources;

1. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dopey
2. https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/dopey?q=dopey

and it's not trademarked as seen here;
fyi, this is the only info provided by USPTO when you key "dopey" into their search program

Serial Number
Reg. Number Word Mark Check Status Live/Dead
1 87715806 DOPEY DONNIE TSDR LIVE
2 85756405 DOPEY BASTID TSDR DEAD
3 78536528 DOOF TSDR DEAD
4 77574864 DOPEY COWBOY TSDR DEAD
5 74407209 DOPEY DINOSAURS TSDR DEAD

Since registering the name(s) yesterday, I've reg'd three more Dopey Names ;

1. DopeyTreats(.)com
2. DopeyDiner(.)com
3. DopeyStuff(.)com

Last i checked Marijuana is dope aka a narcotic and a drug....dopey is a derivative of dope, thus my reason for sharing my domains on a thread appropriately called, "Showcase and Discuss Marijuana/Pot/Hemp/Cannabis domains.

Thanks Carob for mentioning this giving me the opportunity to Showcase my domains and my research to support them.
Nobody in their right mind would brand as “dope”. Are there any previous sales to pot companies for anything “dopey”?

•••
Nobody in their right mind would brand as “dope”. Are there any previous sales to pot companies for anything “dopey”?

Interestingly enough Keith someone is... AND writing a story about a LEAF company wanting a $4 BILLION dollar valuation.

dopeytimes. com/canada/marijuana-company-curaleaf-looking-for-4-billion-valuation-2/

•••
Interestingly enough Keith someone is... AND writing a story about a LEAF company wanting a $4 BILLION dollar valuation.

dopeytimes. com/canada/marijuana-company-curaleaf-looking-for-4-billion-valuation-2/
Not a single reported sale at Namebio for dopey.

•••
Not a single reported sale at Namebio for dopey.

I get that and not buying any. My BFF is a top federal trademark attorney and she guides me out of as much trouble as possible :) I also did the Disney business training course and wouldn't mess with them for anything. But I also had a $25k sale in the last couple of years and several smaller ones that never made it public and I have bought several so I don't put a ton of weight on public information. This sale was to a company that owned the trademark for the actual domain I owned. Ironically they were people I knew for years prior personally so the negotiations were interesting when they realized I owned it. They purchased the trademark package from an IRS sale and thought the domain was with it. Surprise to them that the prior owner sold it before everything was seized. As a real estate agent for 25 years, pricing based on internet data it is similar to going to Zillow. You can get the gist of a story but never the full story as there are a number of private sales that algorithms can touch.

•••
•••
I get that and not buying any. My BFF is a top federal trademark attorney and she guides me out of as much trouble as possible :) I also did the Disney business training course and wouldn't mess with them for anything. But I also had a $25k sale in the last couple of years and several smaller ones that never made it public and I have bought several so I don't put a ton of weight on public information. This sale was to a company that owned the trademark for the actual domain I owned. Ironically they were people I knew for years prior personally so the negotiations were interesting when they realized I owned it. They purchased the trademark package from an IRS sale and thought the domain was with it. Surprise to them that the prior owner sold it before everything was seized. As a real estate agent for 25 years, pricing based on internet data it is similar to going to Zillow. You can get the gist of a story but never the full story as there are a number of private sales that algorithms can touch.
Congrats on an excellent execution ! Smart play.

...... i hold TheTrue / TheTruth Leaf DotComs. oh and TruthLeave DotCom :pompous:

Last edited:
•••
Something funny on namebio today - not me:

cannaclaus.com 477 USD 2018-10-06 GoDaddy
healingleaves.com 347 USD 2018-10-06 GoDaddy

petcbdly
petcbdcorp
petcbdsales
petcbdster
cannadrinkz
cannadrinksco / hempdrinksco / cbddrinksco (drinks better than drink)
cannadrinkshop (no reported sales of drinkshop)
cbdspiral
cbdoilzy
cbdoilbot
cannabotik
leaforic
leafary
leaftemple
leafista
leafcomp
leafismo
cbdwells
cbdcaf
cbdfayre
cbddox
cbdeating
cbdfashions
cbdsters

some obvious short pet names have serious tms, you should check carefully, some are no go

Think "outside of the box" tip (beginners/lurkers and whoever) ..using @carob recent post as a example..copy the names and see if available in other extensions! If they are available and they appeal to you, (and within your budget), register them. Just don't expect to get as much as they are sold for..and if you do..BONUS!

Links to help you get started
CBD https://namebio.com/?s==UzNyETO4gTM
Canna https://namebio.com/?s==EDMzETO4gTM
420 https://namebio.com/?s==IzMzETO4gTM

Last edited:
•••
Dang! Should’ve been quicker on the leaf names!
The only leaf names I have are
GreenLeafSpirits
GreenLeafBooze

Last edited:
•••
\

Last edited:
•••
I have 1000 :) Leaf Names only in 2 word seo based. Coms

I've taken alot of negative feedback for the vision on Leaf, but I held strong. Its brutal to let a Canna go to support my Leaf inventories, infact that's what I did.

I disappeared from this forum 9 months? for I didn't want to get down with opinions that was making me second guess. Not good, a artist never goes over a stroke of paint. They just don't. Hesitation is not healthy on a vision.I sell ideas that come with a domain.

Leafdomains.com

I did the site 18 months ago; haven't worked on it since. This just shows the confidence one needs in this industry. Were selling future ideas at the entry level of $8. Guess I was ahead of my time, and still am, but the time is coming closer, if not here. 2019 here.

The above being said the Leaf play is 2019 as permitts get issued, need less multi nationals and more localized startups to truly get the ball rolling on Leaf in my opinion.

Some of my inventory is further out; the market just isn't there yet. Putting any name on pet care is the long game for example or coffeeshops.

Leafpet
Leafvet
Leafveterniary

And it's two word SEO names all in .com that I focused on, some distraction on say a leaf drivethru three word, but I held to my self imposed rules. And No brandables, that I knew was a full time job to sell. Have a limited supply in regionals like Bostonleaf; and Leafboston. And a bunch of states on Leaf.

It was about a year ago, was watching CNN on the rollout of Nevada Cannabis.

Saw Nevadaleaf? I forget exactly; Big two tone green sign; beautiful sign with a thousand people lined up around the corner standing under it. I knew then. Folks that's a year ago almost. This is a long game on $8 ideas.

I also hold a top Trademarks with a Leaf brand ( spefic to cea ) that is rolling out nationwide in the Spring in the equipment sector. The brand is launching globally.

Can someone buy Leaf.com or get this advice to the money people. Talk about valuable.

Leaf, it will sit amongst the top tier alongside Canna.

Last edited:
•••
registered

• LeafTemple.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
Leaf sales - Domain Name Sales History - NameBio

107 Total Sales $229.2k Dollar Volume $2,142 Average Price $8,823 Standard Deviation

$100
Low Price $89k High Price

Cheers
Corey

•••
Can someone get with the moderator and ask them to edit the headline here to include Leaf put it after Cannabis. Makes the forum more updated and fresh. Leaf

Kieth? I think that's you? Namepros would be happy I'd think.

•••
Who ever buys leaf.com will pay millions.

This will blow away any metric yet known on Leaf.

And it's coming

•••
Oh Cannabis how I love u.
I have 1000 :) Leaf Names only in 2 word seo based. Coms

I've taken alot of negative feedback for the vision on Leaf, but I held strong. Its brutal to let a Canna go to support my Leaf inventories, infact that's what I did.

I disappeared from this forum 9 months? infact for I didn't want to get down with opinions that was making me second guess. Not good, a artist never goes over a stroke of paint. They just don't. Hesitation is not healthy on a vision.

Leafdomains.com

I did the site 18 months ago; haven't worked on it since. This just shows the confidence one needs in this industry. Were selling future ideas at the entry level of $8. Guess I was ahead of my time, and still am, but the time is coming closer, if not here. 2019 here.

The above being said the Leaf play is 2019 as permitts get issued, need less multi nationals and more localized startups to truly get the ball rolling on Leaf in my opinion.

And it's two word SEO names all in .com that I focused on, some distraction on say a leaf drivethru three word, but I held to my self imposed rules. And No brandables, that I knew was a full time job to sell. Have a limited supply in regionals like Bostonleaf; and Leafboston. And a bunch of states on Leaf.

It was about a year ago, was watching CNN on the rollout of Nevada Cannabis.

Saw Nevadaleaf? I forget exactly; Big two tone green sign; beautiful sign with a thousand people lined up around the corner standing under it. I knew then. Folks that's a year ago almost. This is a long game on $8 ideas.

I also hold a top Trademarks with a Leaf brand ( spefic to cea ) that is rolling out nationwide in the Spring in the equipment sector. The brand is launching globally.

Can someone buy Leaf.com or get this advice to the money people. Talk about valuable.

Leaf, it will sit amongst the top tier alongside Canna.

who cares what anyone is going to say to you about any of your own investing. these are investments. different sets of parameters with different metrics involved , but there investments. theres guidelines , rules , do's and don'ts. your own vision and final outcome is the importance.

this industry is 100% writing itself before our eyes.
i was laughed at and still laughed at on here. People saying "the Marijuana Industry was written in the 90's"
Please pass that this way :cigar:

The "bubble" my friends is expanding daily !
yes. the race is on. The numbers are in favor of Hand Written Domains. You can argue differently till your :xf.eek:
Its a simple Supply and Demand. You have immediate need , emerging need , and the future need.

Quality over Quantity

The day of the big dogs playing big boy chess with high powered single word .coms ,, well they will always have their game to play. They create their own market. Buy / Hold .. Sell ....

this industry is going to really change this country , wether you like it or not is your own choice. buts its happening. its a HUGE opportunity .. but there are so many people running for the same finish line. most will not even make it half way. BIG BOY games are underway. BILLIONS of dollars. Create at WILL !!!!!

Im 42. Im cool asF*%$# with Hand Writing a few hundred , well thought out DotComs. And im also cool as a cat to pay for their GROWTH. Im certainly looking to make sales in the immediate future , but im in this for a 5yr or 10yr play. If opportunities a-raise during those yrs for an agreed Sale, then the money comes off the table and back into the machine... (my mind is the machine)

Soooooooooo !

who cares what others are going to say. you take the good from the bad. useful educational information. the other crud on here. well ... its crud. people gunna always try and bring other people down. its a weird trait humans partake in i guess ?

allJMO

AloHA

Last edited:
•••
just registered
  • Leaf.re
Cheers
Corey

•••
Oh Cannabis how I love u.

who cares what anyone is going to say to you about any of your own investing. these are investments. different sets of parameters with different metrics involved , but there investments. theres guidelines , rules , do's and don'ts. your own vision and final outcome is the importance.

this industry is 100% writing itself before our eyes.
i was laughed at and still laughed at on here. People saying "the Marijuana Industry was written in the 90's"
Please pass that this way :cigar:

The "bubble" my friends is expanding daily !
yes. the race is on. The numbers are in favor of Hand Written Domains. You can argue differently till your :xf.eek:
Its a simple Supply and Demand. You have immediate need , emerging need , and the future need.

Quality over Quantity

The day of the big dogs playing big boy chess with high powered single word .coms ,, well they will always have their game to play. They create their own market. Buy / Hold .. Sell ....

this industry is going to really change this country , wether you like it or not is your own choice. buts its happening. its a HUGE opportunity .. but there are so many people running for the same finish line. most will not even make it half way. BIG BOY games are underway. BILLIONS of dollars. Create at WILL !!!!!

Im 42. Im cool asF*%$# with Hand Writing a few hundred , well thought out DotComs. And im also cool as a cat to pay for their GROWTH. Im certainly looking to make sales in the immediate future , but im in this for a 5yr or 10yr play. If opportunities a-raise during those yrs for an agreed Sale, then the money comes off the table and back into the machine... (my mind is the machine)

Soooooooooo !

who cares what others are going to say. you take the good from the bad. useful educational information. the other crud on here. well ... its crud. people gunna always try and bring other people down. its a weird trait humans partake in i guess ?

allJMO

AloHA
im replying to myself ,.,., lol
threw my own expression i realized i created another WoW... had to reg allJMO DotCom ... i like it.

•••
•••
Put leaf in the title?
Canna should be put in title before that. Hey go start a leaf thread, even better:xf.wink:

•••
Nice. I see Cannamiss has been registered since 2006.

I don't have Cannamiss. I have cannabismiss/com Registered Aug 2017. :)

•••
•••
Something funny on namebio today - not me:

cannaclaus.com 477 USD 2018-10-06 GoDaddy
healingleaves.com 347 USD 2018-10-06 GoDaddy

petcbdly
petcbdcorp
petcbdsales
petcbdster
cannadrinkz
cannadrinksco / hempdrinksco / cbddrinksco (drinks better than drink)
cannadrinkshop (no reported sales of drinkshop)
cbdspiral
cbdoilzy
cbdoilbot
cannabotik
leaforic
leafary
leaftemple
leafista
leafcomp
leafismo
cbdwells
cbdcaf
cbdfayre
cbddox
cbdeating
cbdfashions
cbdsters

some obvious short pet names have serious tms, you should check carefully, some are no go

I see a pending TM for Canna Claus. https://www.trademarks411.com/marks/87658213-canna-claus-cannibis-co

•••
Can someone get with the moderator and ask them to edit the headline here to include Leaf put it after Cannabis. Makes the forum more updated and fresh. Leaf

Kieth? I think that's you? Namepros would be happy I'd think.
Well leaf is a sub category of marijuana,,,
but as I was writing, seem
a Leaf Showcase thread was started

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back