showcase Showcase your .APP domains!

Watch
Showcase your .APP domains! I'd love to see them...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Feels kinda redundant

I had to really think about whether or not it made sense to go with the double app names... and after much thought, I believe they’re a keeper! Also..When I started my search and found that many of the keywords+app.app that I had hoped to obtain using this format had already been registered, it helped strengthen my thoughts on this strategy.

I feel that it’s kind of “catchy“...to have an app name with a .App extension... Eg. Does TravelApp.co or TravelApp.net sound better than TravelApp.app? All of them are pretty decent...but in my opinion TravelApp.app is much more memorable and marketable any day of the week! 😁

Last edited:
•••
Am i right in thinking you were able to buy outright from uniregistry but not godaddy.

Yes that was the case for some time after general availability opened.

•••
Bit of a twist.... quite a few
KW/app.app names gone, but I grabbed a few..

MusicApp
TravelApp
PokerApp

I looked these up about 2 hours before you registered and thought about it. The only ones gone at that point were cryptoapp.app & bitcoinapp.app. Stuff like sexapp.app and betapp.app were in there in addition to the ones you grabbed

•••
I looked these up about 2 hours before you registered and thought about it. The only ones gone at that point were cryptoapp.app & bitcoinapp.app. Stuff like sexapp.app and betapp.app were in there in addition to the ones you grabbed

Cheers Mate!

I had to really think about whether or not it made sense to go with the double app names... and after much thought, I came to the conclusion that they’re a keeper! Also..When I started my search and found that many of the keywords+app.app that I had hoped to obtain using this format had alreadybeen registered, it helped strengthen my thoughts on this strategy.

I feel that it’s kind of “catchy“...to have an app name with a .App extension... Eg. Does TravelApp.co or TravelApp.net sound better than TravelApp.app? All of them are pretty decent...but in my opinion TravelApp.app is much more memorable and marketable any day of the week! 😁

•••
Cheers Mate!

I had to really think about whether or not it made sense to go with the double app names... and after much thought, I came to the conclusion that they’re a keeper! Also..When I started my search and found that many of the keywords+app.app that I had hoped to obtain using this format had alreadybeen registered, it helped strengthen my thoughts on this strategy.

Ya it's a gamble that's probably worth doing since those were all day 1 terms.

I came back later to register musicapp.app and travelapp.app but you had already grabbed them. Some of the shorter ones like betapp.app looked weird so I passed.

Another option that I looked into but someone already took was online+keyword.app such as onlinedating.app onlinegambling.app

Last edited:
•••
Inflated prices already?

Onthe.app $118.80
Onthe.club $0.99

•••
Just because :)

Wipeyour.app
Kickyour.app

•••
Ya it's a gamble that's probably worth doing since those were all day 1 terms.

I came back later to register musicapp.app and travelapp.app but you had already grabbed them. Some of the shorter ones like betapp.app looked weird so I passed.

Another option that I looked into but someone already took was online+keyword.app such as onlinedating.app onlinegambling.app

Have to be careful with online+kw. Very easy to fall in love with a reg like that...but the reality is there aren’t many buyers for online+kw dot anything.

I’m gambling a bit with my double app names but I think it would be extremely easy to recoup my costs with the slight possibility of $millions$ 😜 or even $ZILLIONS$!!

It will be interesting to see what happens with the online+keyword names.

•••
Anyone think Google may modify the Google search algorhythm to rank .app domains higher since its a TLD bought and owned by Google?

Also, when does Sedo make .app domains available to sell?

•••
dum.app (house)
nemovitosti.app (Properties)

•••
Bitcoined.app
MyDiscount.app
MyVoucher.app
Destress.app

Tried to go for ones where name+app.com was already registered, or where the phrase was at least registered in all common extentions.

Also like names where the .app can be part of the name. My(whatever)App

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just placed my .app domains on Godaddy's auction. Maybe I'll sort them out accordingly later and try a few outbounds. Not sure how that would be since it's not .Com. Maybe I can tweet Rick Schwartz or Mike Mann for advice. Nah, they think it's pigeon shit. I didn't activate the SSL. I probably should. Maybe Uniregistry's brokers will do some outbounds for us ones who have them there. Maybe. Dude, I just want a quick flip and a big bag of Doritos.

•••
•••
Wow, are you running Windows XP??
Anyway... the names are working on some browsers because they ignore HSTS. .APP has HSTS at the root .app level to enforce HTTPS. If you don't visit over HTTPS on modern browsers, the browser will refuse to connect. This is the case for all modern browsers.

If you're visiting a .APP app over normal HTTP (not HTTPS) and it is working, your browser is old.

:xf.laugh::xf.laugh: That was from my thrice-revived favorite 11 yr old lappy with an outdated Firefox. My newer lappy on chrome/edge would probably refuse to connect.

•••
Mine resolve to sale page with undeveloped.com nameservers

Can you help us out here?

After activating the ssl, you change the ns to undeveloped, but then you get the ssl error msg.

Thanks

•••
Can you help us out here?

After activating the ssl, you change the ns to undeveloped, but then you get the ssl error msg.

Thanks
Apparently, I was viewing that name on an older browser. Since you now have SSL, try a redirect to the actual listing page of your domain at undeveloped ie search for your domain there, copy the page link which starts with 'https undeveloped' and point to it. Hope it works!

•••
Apparently, I was viewing that name on an older browser. Since you now have SSL, try a redirect to the actual listing page of your domain at undeveloped ie search for your domain there, copy the page link which starts with 'https undeveloped' and point to it. Hope it works!

It didn't.. i'll wait a bit.

Thank you:xf.smile:

•••
•••
globalnetwork▪app
Nowww there is a .global / .network / .app TLD - so there are 6 ways to combine these 3 terms as domain:

globalnetwork.app (your domain)
networkglobal.app
networkapp.global
appnetwork.global
globalapp.network
appglobal.network

Obviously your domain makes the most sense, good luck.

•••
Nowww there is a .global / .network / .app TLD - so there are 6 ways to combine these 3 terms as domain:

globalnetwork.app (your domain)
networkglobal.app
networkapp.global
appnetwork.global
globalapp.network
appglobal.network

Obviously your domain makes the most sense, good luck.

Thanks, it obviously does. Now, there are over 2000 registered domains with the term "globalnetwork", not few in other words.

•••
Grabbed a few myself, perhaps more than I should have but at low/no premium renewals the bet is worthwhile. A single sale should pay for my 40 or so regs.

Some of my favorites: immersive, audition, videography, visions (singular is registry reserved), timelapse

Some animal/birds/fruit: cuckoo, wildcat, heron, melon, lovebird (many many of my lists were grabbed in presales, some in the first days of EAP)

Some keywords that would make nice apps: priorities, dues, transcriptions, bookkeepers

And a couple of two words like daytrip, speedread, fishbowl, layover.

I passed on a TON of awesome names at low premiums or last days EAP/no premium renewals, words like visual, decentralize, interactive, honeymoon because they felt too generic to work as brands. I almost regged Goals but the 900 renewal turned me off, and goal/planning is a crowded appspace. (If anyone feels like grabbing Plans.app, it’s still out there at 900 renewal)

Fun fact: Yesterday I scraped the top namebio sales for single keywords that have sold in .com over $25k and 90% are taken, 95%+ for those that are regular renewal.

Will this be a worthwhile bet? I don’t know, but I think this has the highest odds of working of all gTLDs I’ve seen. I think four years into the “flood” more people are aware of the new extensions than we think. I mentioned my .app regs to a few non-domain friends and most thought the extension existed already, which isn’t a bad sign.

I think while the keywordapp.com have been offered as the closest comps, I don’t believe it’s a fair comparison, and while developers have plenty of options if they don’t want to pay a premium (getkeyword.com, hellokeyword.com, wearekeyword.com, I’ve seen them all for apps and startups), .app will rank higher in preference.
The .mobi comparison is also futile, the extension was launched before the iPhone came out so it’s an entirely different era.

But alas, debating whether and why it will work or fail is futile, time will tell.

Last edited:
•••
I just placed my .app domains on Godaddy's auction. Maybe I'll sort them out accordingly later and try a few outbounds. Not sure how that would be since it's not .Com. Maybe I can tweet Rick Schwartz or Mike Mann for advice. Nah, they think it's pigeon sh*t. I didn't activate the SSL. I probably should. Maybe Uniregistry's brokers will do some outbounds for us ones who have them there. Maybe. Dude, I just want a quick flip and a big bag of Doritos.

Well, Rick Schwartz doesn't think that .app is pigeon shit. He wrote his opinions on .app in his blog.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back