NameSilo

showcase Showcase your Bahasa Indonesia "Indonesian" Domain Names.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kalr

Top Member
Impact
Today is Indonesian day 🇮🇩

Independence Day (Indonesian: Hari Kemerdekaan, colloquially known as Tujuhbelasan, "the Seventeenth") is a national holiday in Indonesia commemorating the anniversary of the Indonesia's Proclamation of Independence on 17 August 1945.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
is Angka indonesian? I have the .co

•••
•••
Angka = Number in Indonesian
So it is a good domain, is it?
Lots of businesses in Asia with the word Angka when I did a quick search before I bought it

•••
So it is a good domain, is it?
Lots of businesses in Asia with the word Angka when I did a quick search before I bought it

Well, com is good. Dot Co, I am not a fan. Angka as a sub string not always mean number:

semAngka = watermellon
jAngka = period
AngkaSa = space / sky
Angkara = mythical place name
tua bAngka = old fart
prasAngka / sAngka = prejudice
mAngkaL = hangout

sorry did not mean to discourage you

•••
Well, com is good. Dot Co, I am not a fan. Angka as a sub string not always mean number:

semAngka = watermellon
jAngka = period
AngkaSa = space / sky
Angkara = mythical place name
tua bAngka = old fart
prasAngka / sAngka = prejudice
mAngkaL = hangout

sorry did not mean to discourage you
Yes, Angka alone is to vague and doesn't have commercial value. Unless it's in education like Math, but nobody love math...

•••
Yes, Angka alone is to vague and doesn't have commercial value. Unless it's in education like Math, but nobody love math...
hahaha I agree.
Time to finish my duolingo tasks

•••
Does the Indonesian name sells? From my point of view Indonesian businessman prefer to buy jual-makanan-enak-banget.com rather than MakananEnak.com or Makanan.com. And would never pay thousands of dollar to acquaire domain name. Especially for mid to low class business. I grow in Jakarta and a 4th year college student and i just know about domain name value like 1 to 2 years ago. It's hard to imagine you can succes selling Bahasa Indonesia domain name.

haha, I wasn't intended to reply, but since it is funny about long domain name with makanan enak banget dot com. By the way Indonesian should create an active domain market place, It have huge potential market in Indonesia. It can grow with other ethnic language that Indonesian people have.

•••
I see most of the domains listed here are .com, while their counterparts in .id are available or registered later than .com, but in many cases .co.id was registered earlier. What is the popularity of the extensions in Indonesia? Is .id gaining traction or is .co.id still hugely preferred, like .co.uk vs .uk? Is .com actually popular or is it a second/third choice?

Is there a way to see registrant of an .id domain? Standard whois only shows the registrar.

•••
I see most of the domains listed here are .com, while their counterparts in .id are available or registered later than .com, but in many cases .co.id was registered earlier. What is the popularity of the extensions in Indonesia? Is .id gaining traction or is .co.id still hugely preferred, like .co.uk vs .uk? Is .com actually popular or is it a second/third choice?

Is there a way to see registrant of an .id domain? Standard whois only shows the registrar.
Using the .id campaign was started not too long ago. And many established company or local branch of multinational company already using .co.id for more than 15 years ago. When i was a kid the only tld i know only .com and .co.id

For new company or start up and youngster like milenials or gen z would prefer .id than .co.id.

But .com is still the most popular.

•••
haha, I wasn't intended to reply, but since it is funny about long domain name with makanan enak banget dot com. By the way Indonesian should create an active domain market place, It have huge potential market in Indonesia. It can grow with other ethnic language that Indonesian people have.
Yes i agree, we just need someone or some comunity that can be a figure and educate the market.

•••
Using the .id campaign was started not too long ago. And many established company or local branch of multinational company already using .co.id for more than 15 years ago. When i was a kid the only tld i know only .com and .co.id

For new company or start up and youngster like milenials or gen z would prefer .id than .co.id.

But .com is still the most popular.

the other reason why youngster prefer .id than .co.id is they are not obliged to submit company registration certificate.

•••
there is *.web.id extension too. Was to be popular, but I do not think people are still using these days.

•••
I have one .web.id domain since 2011 , and used it until now as email address

there is *.web.id extension too. Was to be popular, but I do not think people are still using these days.

•••
I just wondering if there is GoDaddy indonesia or similar registar that base in indonesia.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hello Suhu

I have one Jateng // Co

Last edited:
•••
IndonesianMassage.com
Sebelum.com. translates to before in English

•••
Makan.co

Screenshot_20200823_061150.jpg

•••
I have none never been to Indonesia but did study language.

•••
•••
I was forced to choose between French German or Indonesian at school. Figured there were more chicks local.

Apa kabar

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back