Domain Empire

Snap & Catch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I begin catching good traffic domain, but from some of the service in Internet, I see quite a lot links in alexa (based on the service), but if I check the domain itself directly in the alexa website/toolbar. I could see quite a lot less than that.
How could it be? Somebody knows why?

Other thing when I type that domain I am trying to catch, I see in Alexa toolbar show different domain name and the current domain name still active, but the one that I am trying to catch not active. Why is that? I don't understand. Does it mean better don't try to catch this domain even though the link quite a lot and the links are good not 'garbage' links.

Sometimes I come across the domains that have quite a lot link in Alexa but doesn't have data for ranking, why is that?

For catching domain for parking purposes (like Ultsearch), is that better the quantity & quality links or the domain name itself which consist of popular searchable keyword??

For catching domain, are there any method than using snapback & pool.com?
Which one is better?
I tried use pool.com but somehow somebody else got it, how come? Is that based on who comes first/booked first or what??

Quite complicated to catch domain, looks like

:o Joe

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Alexa isnt exactly accurate with links.
Just check your domains with marketleap.com

I dont do much backording so I will let someone else answer that.
It is not determined by who booked first however.

•••
Thank you for the info :)
That's great tools they provided there.
Hopefully other people who exp with backordering could help.

Joe :hehe:

•••
Thanks for the tool
alexa seems to be abit confusing

•••
snap and catch

Joe,

I can't say how much I love the thread title..."Snap and Catch" I don't think I've heard that one yet..Maybe you should reserve the domain snapandcatch.com (grin) Its great:blink:

•••
That's a great idea.....the rythm sound good too.
If somebody buy that domain later on from me...you are gonna get the comission then :)

Thanks for the idea....

Joe :hehe:

•••
Alexa links at Alexa site is not accurate and not up to date. It can only be a reference. Try not to purchase a domain solely based on Alexa link.

For catching domain, are there any method than using snapback & pool.com?

Use script that interface with enom to catch the domain. But this is many times slower than dedicated backorder service. The other method.....hand reg :|

Which one is better?

Pool should be better and need more $$$

I tried use pool.com but somehow somebody else got it, how come? Is that based on who comes first/booked first or what??

Pool has a description of their auction procedure in their site.
If only 1 bidder when they catch the domain, it will goes to the only bidder. If more than 1 bidder when they catch the domain, it will goes into auction. Those that bidded the domain before the drop will be allow to bid in the auction.

•••
Won a couple off Pool.com and lost some due to other ppl bidding on it so it is not exclusive if they grab it for you. Not rich enough to just blow $69 on snapnames just to see if they can get it. Used namewinner several times without success. So pool is about the best mainly b/c I dont have to pay anything unless they get the name for me which that is fare to me.

:notme:

•••
Yah, but if going into the auction...most likely I just left it.
It's gonna be too much I guess for that domain price afterward.....

Probably better buy developed website/good traffic domain from people at forum like DNF than in Pool, i guess.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back