IT.COM

SnapNames competitors

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are there any other services like SnapNames that let you snap a domain name on a "first come first served" basis? I'm not interested in bidding for domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But others might be interested in that information, I think its a good idea if that will be kept secret information.(as far its secret)
when everyone goes backordering at those places, the low budget people have no chance to backorder a good domain, since most of the
backorder systems work with bids.

•••
So you know other systems but are not revealing this "secret" information?

•••
Dropwizard.com and Godaddy offer Snapnames-style backorders..

•••
Dropwizard have bidding now.

•••
How quick is GoDaddy compared to SnapNames? Is there any possibility that GoDaddy snaps a name faster than SnapNames?

•••
SnapNames has 16 registrars trying for your name. GoDaddy has 2.

•••
Originally posted by Cyphix
Dropwizard have bidding now.

That is correct.

TW

•••
if iam right

if i am right backordering on snapnames for the most part will guarantee a domain?

•••
Yes high probability to snap a name around 70 to 80 percent changes. Though sometimes, enom, godaddy, pool and other players in grabbing business get a piece of pie too.

Cheers,
TW

•••
Originally posted by marco
Are there any other services like SnapNames that let you snap a domain name on a "first come first served" basis? I'm not interested in bidding for domain names.

Dont worry about it any more. WLS IS COMING TO TOWN :)

•••
•••
Originally posted by Webtwink
if i am right backordering on snapnames for the most part will guarantee a domain?

Not even close to a guarantee, unless none of the other drop catchers are going for a name. On good names, Snapnames is taking a beating lately.

Namewinner and Pool together would give you the best chances. If you really want the name, cover all the bases, which include Snap, Pool, Namewinner, DropWizard, and Godaddy. Even then you still have a good chance of missing out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back