IT.COM

various Tao.com sold for over $1 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
A newsletter from DN.com reports that Tao.com has been sold for ver a million dollars.

Here's the newsletter:

“An interesting find-out, I assume everyone knows the sale of strawberry.com, which is brokered by the famous domainer Andy Booth. Andy is also a certified user at DN.com. If you don’t know the sale yet, see here. Anyways, the buyer of this domain name seems to be Fashion One TV. However, if you dig deeper, you will find out that Fashion One TV is owned by Bigfoot Entertainment. The founder of Bigfoot is Michael Gleissner, a film director, producer and a domainer. And Michael has owned the very valuable pinyin name TAO.com for many years, he recently sold this name through 4.cn for over $1M. Besides TAO.com, Michael also owns many other premium names.”

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excellent Sale.
Maybe developed as something related to Taoism or Company Brand in China.

•••
•••
I reported this sale on May 18 in the News section of my site Coreile.com/news. The buyer Mr. Wu is an investor also acquired Tao.cn this year. Price unknown. He’s a business owner in a traditional industry but is very interested in domain investment. He also owns many premium names such as 177.com, 960.com, 211.com, mika.com, and xiao.com.

•••
So buyer is an Investor, need to see whether he develops or looking for higher sale again.

•••
So buyer is an Investor, need to see whether he develops or looking for higher sale again.
Tao.com does not resolve. Mr. Wu said he'll look for a good time to sell, so I don't think he'll develop his domain names.

•••
Tao.com does not resolve. Mr. Wu said he'll look for a good time to sell, so I don't think he'll develop his domain names.
Thanks for the info.

•••
Mika.com seems to be used by a company but the whois still points to Mr Wu. I judge it's a lease or the buyer hasn't updated whois after the sale as it often happens. Estibot is 193k but to an end user seven figures maybe. Glad I own mika(dot)co.

•••
This is a questions for the "old timers" (no offense intended):

Other than the lure of a LLL.com for purposes of investing, what kind of development would you see for this name that would return at least 1 Mil?

I can see something related to Taoism, but is that the kind of business that could let you recoup your investment in say 5 years or less?

•••
This is a questions for the "old timers" (no offense intended):

Other than the lure of a LLL.com for purposes of investing, what kind of development would you see for this name that would return at least 1 Mil?

I can see something related to Taoism, but is that the kind of business that could let you recoup your investment in say 5 years or less?

No one?

The dearth of replies or even guesses speaks volumes about these types of "investments," IMO.

•••
Tao is a money word in China, the most famous site being Taobao.com (淘宝=treasure hunting), the ecommerce site founded by Alibaba.

TAO may mean 淘 (literally meaning panning), 逃 (escape), 讨 (discuss), or 桃 (peach). It's a good brand that can be used for ecommerce site.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back