Dynadot

.me Targeting personal name .me domains (plus .me VS .co)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gareth1614

In a world of .mes, be a .comTop Member
Impact
Can shorter .me domains with first names (e.g. lucy.me, gary.me etc) be sucessfully targeted in a way comparable to generic dictionary-word type gTLDs? The latter of course can be targeted at relevant businesses or organisations, but with individual people called "Lucy", this seems an impossible task.

I ask this generally, but also admittedly because I currently own such a .me. I'd love to hear some opinions on this. As I have only recently returned to domaining after a year and a half break, I'm not sure how .mes have held up. There was a lot of buzz about them back in 2012/13 along with .co, but i get the feeling .co has become much stronger since then. I've noticed a few local signs and ads around my area with businesses using .co also.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are quite good, and honestly, they sell very low on the secondary market. So with a bit of right negotiation one can acquire some for $XXX

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back