Dynadot

discuss Thai IDN dot COM

NameSilo
Watch
Hello

i own one domain in this category 1word product in thai language .com

I've not found anything about sales and if they are worth as a possible future investment.
Thai market it is growing.
Anyone from Thai or other expert in this niche that could enlight me?

thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold a handful of Thai idn.com this past summer. Mix of end users and investors.

•••
•••
from my experience thai's are not that educated about the value of premium domain names and not paying much for good ones.. but there are always exceptions to that.. used to deal with thai domains and contacting thai's before when i still lived over there (just dabbled in it)..

•••
realize i'm late to this thread but i've lived in thailand the last 10 years and have just recently added a few thai and russian .com's to my portfolio

i am as much or more inclined to use them as incentives in a business transaction than i am to sell them at auction

•••
i hope you do realize thai corporations/companies avoid .com's and almost always go for .co.th instead
only ones i had success with where actually thai franchises of international corporations/companies

•••
i was in thailand too for a couple of months.
I think their market is not yet ready for online presence. i agree with Gravity.. only very big business look for domain names and big business do not need IDN.
I let the name drop.. thanks for all the answers

•••
i've worked with some of the largest thai national companies in the past, pretty well versed in their business practices by now. i'm not registering page after page of names hoping something will catch. as i said above, i am as much or more inclined to use the few thai .com's i own as incentives in other business transactions.

ultimately, there is nothing more important to a thai than "face" , and that doesn't happen with .co.th imho

•••
generally agree about saving face and all, but not sure that translates to domains and the used gtld's...

•••
i was in thailand too for a couple of months.
I think their market is not yet ready for online presence. i agree with Gravity.. only very big business look for domain names and big business do not need IDN.
I let the name drop.. thanks for all the answers

a market of 70 million people who are just being introduced to smart phones?

i think you let a 1 word .com go too early. granted it may be 3-5 years too early or it may be 10 years too early.

•••
still as long as most smaller thai companies think having a fb page is all they need as online presence, it will be a pretty slow process for them to wake up and understand the need of a presence outside of any walled gardens..

•••
not about saving face but rather about creating it. face means appearance, and in domain terms that can only mean .com

it's funny listening to my office manager when she has to relay english letters in a domain to a thai, it usually takes 2-3 minutes to repeat the english letters multiple times in order to be clear.

•••
still as long as most smaller thai companies think having a fb page is all they need as online presence, it will be a pretty slow process for them to wake up and understand the need of a presence outside of any walled gardens..

i never said they were a sophisticated market :laugh:

•••
alright, good luck with your thai .coms though although me and some others have been there before.. it's too long a wait with too many question marks to focus on the thai market imho.. :)

•••
alright, good luck with your thai .coms though although me and some others have been there before.. it's too long a wait with too many question marks to focus on the thai market imho.. :)
i agree.. for that reason i let the name drop.
i think i can have better ROI renewing other names...

•••
oh i'm not disagreeing with that last comment at all, we're all searching for a better roi.

if i did not live in thailand and were not able to speak or write the language, i'm sure my interest would be focused elsewhere.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back