Dynadot

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

NameSilo
Watch
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today's Canada's birthday.

Chugging along, one smart decision after another is what we do, eh?

Including royal assent for Bill C-18, which means it has passed.

What is this Bill C-18, you ask. Well it's a genius law which demands behemoths like Google pay up to link to Canadian news.

Yup, that's right. PAY for the "privilege" of giving Canadian journalists and publishers the light of day and the eyes of the world.

https://blog.google/intl/en-ca/comp...s-bill-c-18-and-our-search-and-news-products/

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/goo...-the-fallout-may-mean-for-canadians-1.6463185

So, Google will now block links to Canadian news as retaliation. In my eyes, brilliant actually. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Can still find a good recipe for poutine and ribs from us if you like.

•••
•••
When you're feeling self pity:

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H. Lawrence

•••
•••
•••
•••

Surgeons pull an 8cm worm from woman's brain in Canberra | ABC News​

•••
•••
•••
•••
TBR, 4 errors. Tough game
Min takes out the TBJ's.
D'backs tied with Mil 3 / 3 in the 3rd. (Corbin Carroll should win ROY)
MIA @ Philly starts soon. One of these will play the LADs in the NLCS

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Updating my Portfolio at www.currency.sg (Still A Work In Progress)

serve.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••

In this video, we hear from Nicky Harris, Product Manager at The Royal Mint talking about The Currency of Conflict Sets. These sets feature collectable coins and banknotes that commemorate key points in military history.

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
•••
•••

World's Happiest Country Finland Offered a Master Class on How to Be Happy. These Are the 3 Biggest Takeaways

They are all great, science-backed tips for how to be a bit happier. But some Finns claim the real secret to their happiness is something else entirely. .....​

(Spoiler):

It all comes down to gratitude​

So, take the Finnish masterclass's exhortations to get out in nature and serve your community with a hefty grain of salt. These may be excellent ways to marginally raise your well-being, but their benefits are likely to be swamped by the negative effects of out-of-control aspirations or inflated self-regard. The real Finnish secret to happiness may be learning to be content -- grateful, even -- when you have the basics covered.​

Or, as another Finnish professor, Arto O. Salonen, said when he summed up his country's approach in the New York Times, "when you know what is enough, you are happy." That may be the real happiness secret the Nordic nations have to teach ours.​

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/world-happiest-country-finland-offered-masterclass-how-be-happy-3-biggest-takeaways.html?utm_source=newsletters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INC - This Morning Newsletter.Newsletter - Inc - This Morning 12-22-23&leadId=268564&mkt_tok=NjEwLUxFRS04NzIAAAGQMHz3ygiiIyrZ6fWHpgPqxoYHXZt3VLPU-y2bxw8qLPLwhSHIl1aYRtlba4VQ1YZpDwQHDWN8EIGxN3X1Fq0XKf9oEHigw7HBXxm5-oAD

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just ordered my new Smart Watch

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
•••
JB's Literary Corner

Making some progress, this year finished:

Things Fall Apart - good book

3 different Bukowski books - quick reads, poetry mostly about beer, women, racetrack, life

Hunger - the one I mentioned above. Not as hardcore as I thought it would be but good. Just a man trying to keep his pride while being dead-ass broke most of the time, sometimes desperately so

To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf - I hated reading this one. "Cited as a key example of the literary technique of multiple focalization, the novel includes little dialogue and almost no action; most of it is written as thoughts and observations." That's why. A lot of rambling about not much of anything.

That was warmup, for this:

Now, I'm reading a big boy book. 780 pages, only doing 10 pages a day because it's the smallest font I've ever seen. You'll find this book on any top world lit list.

Einstein said of this book - "that for him in 1919 was the supreme summit of all literature. It remained so when I talked to him in 1937, and probably until the end of his life."

Freud - "the most magnificent novel ever written" and was fascinated with the book for its Oedipal themes."

It's The Brothers Karamazov by the great Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Plot:
"The Brothers Karamazov is a passionate philosophical novel set in 19th-century Russia, that enters deeply into the ethical debates of God, free will, and morality. It is a spiritual drama of moral struggles concerning faith, doubt, judgment, and reason, set against a modernizing Russia, with a plot which revolves around the subject of patricide. Dostoevsky composed much of the novel in Staraya Russa, which inspired the main setting. Since its publication, it has been acclaimed as one of the supreme achievements in world literature."

It's an excellent book, smooth read, but a long one. 180 pages down, 600 more to go.

67444.jpg
I now own ClassicLiterature . com

Got it cheap, I’m happy. So many book sites out there, books are cheap so commissions are low, so not sure if I’ll develop it or not

•••
Johnny Weissmuller actually invented the Tarzan call... :xf.wink:

•••
I now own ClassicLiterature . com

Got it cheap, I’m happy. So many book sites out there, books are cheap so commissions are low, so not sure if I’ll develop it or not
Great name, JB.
Would be cool to see it dev'd, whether it earns or not it would be a nice place for teachers to send kids.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Great name, JB.
Would be cool to see it dev'd, whether it earns or not it would be a nice place for teachers to send kids.

Peace,
Kenny
Yeah, I already have big spreadsheets with all the books. It would be trying to figure out how to organize it all.

I've always liked Good Reads how they do things.

Sometimes they have lists where it's sorted by users ranking the books.

Other times they have lists of lists like, their list of the World Library List - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9440.100_Best_Books_of_All_Time_The_World_Library_List

With links to where you can buy them online.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back