IT.COM

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bricio said:
today there were other two LLL dot com at sedo

QUD,com -> $18,500 (an end-user sale?)
QDZ,com -> $9,100

I was curious What QDZ.com would close for (Since I own QBZ.com)..

Which is better... QDZ vs QBZ

•••
QBZ is definitely better imho, although I do believe the QDZ buyer paid considerably over market value on it (at least based on what I know and have bought in that price range recently).

Spade said:
I was curious What QDZ.com would close for (Since I own QBZ.com)..

Which is better... QDZ vs QBZ

•••
•••
Reece said:
QBZ is definitely better imho, although I do believe the QDZ buyer paid considerably over market value on it (at least based on what I know and have bought in that price range recently).

For those of you who have never seen Reece, he just sits on his ass watching TV all day(ROFL) . Here is one of Reece's home videos, he has seen before, but just a reminder, ROFL

Reece Chilling at Home

:sold:

•••
After FBS ended at that nice $50,000+

(very curious to note that FBS was earlier sold/bought this year for half the price....at DomainState)

, DNJournal reports this other one for $50K :

Fem.com $50,000 Pvt Sale

also:

DDP.com $19,500 Sedo
HFP.com $14,900 Moniker
QWE.com $9,800 Moniker

The following at Sedo:

XWS.com $9,201
WFZ.com $9,201
QDZ.com $9,100
KLG.com $8,741
ZTY .com $6,100

:xf.love:

•••
Based on these recent sales, it seems the past few weeks have been huge for LLL.com's, it appears that within the next 2 months were set to see a min wholesale price of 8.5-9k resale on LLL.com's.

ZTY.com ast 6,100 was a steal - get grab for the buyer.

Justin

•••
i have these to report (all were sold at sedo)

QWC,com -> $7,501 - march 5
GVQ,com -> 4,634 GBP / $9,379.19 - march 5
EGZ,com -> $7,300 - march 6
WAH,com -> $6,400 - march 6
EXF,com -> $8,100 - march 8

•••
bricio said:
i have these to report (all were sold at sedo)

QWC,com -> $7,501 - march 5
GVQ,com -> 4,634 GBP / $9,379.19 - march 5
EGZ,com -> $7,300 - march 6
WAH,com -> $6,400 - march 6
EXF,com -> $8,100 - march 8

WAH.com - $6,400 - Great price.

•••
Spade said:
WAH.com - $6,400 - Great price.

fabulous letters
that was stolen! not

'w' as 'world' or place i.e washington etc

and 'h' as 'holdings or something

can see someone making a pretty penny with this baby

•••
Many strong sales indeed.

I now have a $100,000 bid for one of my LLL.com domains (AHR.com) which is now at Reserve Met Auction at Afternic. Auction closes this Saturday.

http://www.afternic.com/name.php?id=10943570

Also have too been getting an increase in number of and quality of offers on several others of my LLL.com domains recently. I wouldn't be surprised if Spade's predictions are on the money in the coming months and that LLL.com's are primed for a continued strong run ahead.

Thanks all,
zesty

•••
zestydomains*com said:
Many strong sales indeed.

I now have a $100,000 bid for one of my LLL.com domains (AHR.com) which is now at Reserve Met Auction at Afternic. Auction closes this Saturday.

http://www.afternic.com/name.php?id=10943570

Also have too been getting an increase in number of and quality of offers on several others of my LLL.com domains recently. I wouldn't be surprised if Spade's predictions are on the money in the coming months and that LLL.com's are primed for a continued strong run ahead.

Thanks all,
zesty

Many Congrats on your $100,000 sale Zesty!!

On another note, many of us agreed that your site is incorrect about which letters are Premium or not.

Especially based on these that are showing the most used letters in 4 letters acronyms:

http://www.mcgees.org/fourletterdomains.html

Then it could be useful to consider this one too for the different languages analysed:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=914452

Could you please tell us , on what you based and sorted the Premium letters?

Thanks

•••
arnie said:
fabulous letters
that was stolen! not

'w' as 'world' or place i.e washington etc

and 'h' as 'holdings or something

can see someone making a pretty penny with this baby

Or "Work At Home" :)

•••
Hey ItalianDragon and all,

I'm certainly not unaware that there are those who challenge the distinctions of letter quality as stated on 3character.com.

The distinctions of letter quality is based on years of sales data for 3 letter domains. There are always exceptions where certain letters that are not premium find there way into to high dollar LLL sales, but by and large, some letters are clearly premium to other letters, by varying degrees, as reflected by years of sales data.

It is true that different countries and languages view letters in different ways. What is a premium letter in English may not hold the same premium significance in other languages. In this regard, some exceptions abound, but the general pattern is still consistent.

All are welcome to their own view of premium letter distinctions, and all are valid for each investor. Generally speaking, the letter designations on 3character are accurate based on sales data and I gladly stand behind those determinations.

Thanks again,
zesty

Last edited:
•••
italiandragon said:
(very curious to note that FBS was earlier sold/bought this year for half the price....at DomainState)
I sold FBS.com for $25,000. A couple of days after escrow closed and before the whois was updated I got an email from a Godaddy domain broker because an end user wanted to buy the domain. I'm not sure if it is the same guy that Rob sold it to, but it is still one of those moments where I really regret selling on forums, lol. Such is life :)

•••
zestydomains*com said:

I'm certainly not unaware that there are those who challenge the distinctions of letter quality as stated on 3character.com.

The distinctions of letter quality is based on years of sales data for 3 letter domains. There are always exceptions where certain letters that are not premium find there way into to high dollar LLL sales, but by and large, some letters are clearly premium to other letters, by varying degrees, as reflected by years of sales data.

It is true that different countries and languages view letters in different ways. What is a premium letter in English may not hold the same premium significance in other languages. In this regard, some exceptions abound, but the general pattern is still consistent.

All are welcome to their own view of premium letter distinctions, and all are valid for each investor. Generally speaking, the letter designations on 3character are accurate based on sales data and I gladly stand behind those determinations.

Thanks again,
zesty

Hi Zesty,

Not only things CHANGE , but also , I am not basing my statements on SALES prices regarding them to be Premium but on their USE.

The prices can be manipulated, inflated, etc. while the use is what it is.

It could have also happened for a coincidence that initially people bought more often some letters.

It would be useful to see those datas so we could all evaluate it better.

•••
•••
•••
WFK.com - $8,880 (Afternic)
LKD.com - $12,505 (Sedo)

•••
I'm going to side and at the same time disagree with both of you here...

USE does not necessarily correlate with value. Just because a letter has a certain percentage of use, it doesn't mean that it will represent that same percentage of overall sales dollars. I have all the TDVR stats on what every LLLL.com sold for each and every day in February and March... There's nothing in there that suggests W is premium, although there is ample evidence that suggests that U is worthy of being a lesser quality premium letter -- in the same boat as F,G, and H -- at least when it comes to the 4 letter dotcom market. It's impossible to take 3 letter dotcom principles and apply them to 4 letter .coms. Only a fool would suggest that NWOQ is (or should be) worth 1/26th of NWO, yet in certain instances, this may (or may in the future) prove true.

3 and 4 letter dotcoms are entirely different beasts... "Domainer demand" in the 3 letter space is so different from the 4 letter space, they really are incomparable and whether Zesty's stats are correct or not, I don't think we can gain anything from looking at the 3 letter space and trying to apply or base estimates of value on the 4 letter space...

W has seen some strong sales (NWO @ 31k in example), but heuristic availability is not reason enough to truly concur a new trend in premium letters has occurred... Simply put, current stats in the 4 letter market does not suggest W is a premium letter. The case for W being premium actually seems stronger in the 3 letter space, although I don't really know if I'd count it's comparable letters (F,G,H) as premium either... "Premium" LLL.coms containing 2 letters from the set (F,G,H) tend to sell at a minimum 20% discount to premium LLL.coms containing 3 letters of which none are F,G, or H.

A perfect example of a potential premium combination in the 3 letter space but not necessarily in the 4 letter space is an LLL.com containing E and U.

EUA, EUB, EUC, EUD, EUE, EUF, EUG, EUH,... Only a fool would suggest any of these won't fetch prices well above min premium LLL.com prices, although this is a special case granted EU has a very obvious acronym.

Just because U has immense value in this particular case does not mean it would have immense value in EUDG, EUQX, EUWZ, etc... It's an entirely different world when you add an additional letter and the "old rules" need not necessarily apply.

zestydomains*com said:

Thanks again,
zesty

italiandragon said:
Hi Zesty,

Not only things CHANGE , but also , I am not basing my statements on SALES prices regarding them to be Premium but on their USE.

The prices can be manipulated, inflated, etc. while the use is what it is.

It could have also happened for a coincidence that initially people bought more often some letters.

It would be useful to see those datas so we could all evaluate it better.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for this thread - as a person who is looking to get as good a price as possible for my LLL.com, it helps to see what others have gotten. It is interesting that I only see one Afternic sale on here -- is that indicative of anything? lol

•••
broadsteel said:
Thanks for this thread - as a person who is looking to get as good a price as possible for my LLL.com, it helps to see what others have gotten. It is interesting that I only see one Afternic sale on here -- is that indicative of anything? lol

Most people prefer Sedo for LLL.com sales because of the auction format. Afternic didnt have that functionality until recently, and is only slowly gaining in popularity.

Justin

•••
Oh, that makes sense, thanks spade.

•••
Weekly reports from DNJournal.com:

DDA.com $28,350 Moniker

ENJ.com $12,250 Moniker (STEAL in my opinion)

•••
italiandragon said:
Weekly reports from DNJournal.com:

DDA.com $28,350 Moniker

ENJ.com $12,250 Moniker (STEAL in my opinion)

I agree with you - ENJ was a steal at that price. Good buy no doubt.

Not sure if these were reported, last 3 from NameBio:

BCE.com - 28,001 (Sedo)
WFK.com - 8,800 (afternic)
LKD.com - 12,505 (Sedo)

•••
They definitely seem to be going up in value... Too bad I've decided to develop both of mine :)

Spade said:
I agree with you - ENJ was a steal at that price. Good buy no doubt.

Not sure if these were reported, last 3 from NameBio:

BCE.com - 28,001 (Sedo)
WFK.com - 8,800 (afternic)
LKD.com - 12,505 (Sedo)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back