IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Q*A*E*T

my first LLLL
QUITE
QUIET
QA (Quality Assurance) + some options

What You guys think?

•••
Im still holding onto limt.com and cuxy.com

•••
This thread if for discussing sales and discussion, not selling your own domains. Try to stay on theme and not spam every thread with irrelevant content.

•••
I backordered Luba.com
there were many others backordered it.. it went for a private auction

do you know how much it sold?

$13150 :alien3:

Hi,

Just wanted to mention that I also had to luba.com on backorder, but auction came to $ 16,500! T_T

•••
This thread if for discussing sales and discussion, not selling your own domains. Try to stay on theme and not spam every thread with irrelevant content.
sorry my mistake.

•••
I just got Bagz(,)com. Perfect for a designer bags store or something similar. What do you guys think?

•••
I just got Bagz(,)com. Perfect for a designer bags store or something similar. What do you guys think?
Wow...Nice! Its highly brandable,when do you plan to sell it?

•••
Wow...Nice! Its highly brandable,when do you plan to sell it?

I will be putting it on the market next week. Weekends are slow so I will do it on Monday probably..

•••
I will be putting it on the market next week. Weekends are slow so I will do it on Monday probably..
So early,hope your registrar would be releasing it early for the potential buyer.....

•••
TUWA is at 20K+ on GD auctions...wow

•••
Check ebay auctions.
Lots of 4L there have been going for 20 to 36 bucks.
Of course, with Q,Z, and other so called undesirable letters.

•••
GTFO.com sold, $12,260.
12/19/14, GoDaddy auctions

•••
GTFO.com sold, $12,260.
12/19/14, GoDaddy auctions
Was in it for ~7.5 as I would be the reseller/ultimate user. I knew it was a solid 5 figure name. Good buy for the buyer, it will definitely make for a good viral site if developed, but would be thrown on the back burner for me earning pennies on the dollar-wouldn't have been a high priority at this time in other words.

Hopefully the expiration wasn't a taste test. I hate those... $$$$($) held for nearly 20 days while the owner gets to renew. >:(

Speaking of LLLL's, went on a rampage and got QWPN.com, NARJ.com and WDUH.com (along with several not to be discussed here). I like names with certain patterns and domains starting with W and K should be an obvious for some, if they have decent letters. It's just a waiting game...

•••
Was in it for ~7.5 as I would be the reseller/ultimate user. I knew it was a solid 5 figure name. Good buy for the buyer, it will definitely make for a good viral site if developed, but would be thrown on the back burner for me earning pennies on the dollar-wouldn't have been a high priority at this time in other words.

Hopefully the expiration wasn't a taste test. I hate those... $$$$($) held for nearly 20 days while the owner gets to renew. :(

Speaking of LLLL's, went on a rampage and got QWPN.com, NARJ.com and WDUH.com (along with several not to be discussed here). I like names with certain patterns and domains starting with W and K should be an obvious for some, if they have decent letters. It's just a waiting game...

I must till be sleeping but I haven't seen that much stuff in GTFO...also @DavidWalker..can you explain the W & K thing? You can PM me if you don't want to share it here.

•••
Check ebay auctions.
Lots of 4L there have been going for 20 to 36 bucks.
Of course, with Q,Z, and other so called undesirable letters.
This is one thing I don't get about the Chinese/English market with LLLL domain names. You are offered $5 for domains (laughable) that don't have a,e,i,o,u,w,y and sometimes random letters in specific order (what other letters are there?).

Then, you watch them "blow up" on GoDaddy for low to mid $$$ and on eBay for $$. There has to be an inside tactic to get you to buy back other people's names that are willing to sell for $9 and below at an inflated price. It's just my hypothesis as they seem to be recycled quickly doing history checks.

Who's left behind? The ones who invest $$-$$$, not knowing what they're doing.

Exploitation at its best IMO, unless someone can point me in another direction of why domains are being purchased for $5-$9, sold for $50-$300 to resellers, who end up keeping them till they drop (if they're not lucky, which is good)?

•••
They are not random letters David

•••
I must till be sleeping but I haven't seen that much stuff in GTFO...also @DavidWalker..can you explain the W & K thing? You can PM me if you don't want to share it here.
This is for call signs. Here is a brief on the letter K used in USA and here is it on the letter W. It's hit or miss as there are always local stations catering to a certain region, though sharing the ultimate signature of "FOX" or "CBS". They tend to use fox13, kbnt13 or kbnt in the .com (just examples). They would like to secure their call signs though. They are holds and I have made some reseller sales based upon these.

This applies to radio call signs as well, though a bit more difficult.

Look into other regions and you may be able to get deals with the call signs they suggest.

I just liked the tone of WDUH as a call sign, so I purchased it.

Good luck.

-David

•••
Thank you very much.
I have never been amazing with acronyms and that, I suppose, comes from not being native English.
I much prefer pronounceable ones.

•••
They are not random letters David
To my perception as an English speaker and not a Chinese domain investor, they are random letters. However, I will not let the little bit of my portfolio containing those random letters go for registration fee as I've been holding for 2-3 years and see them reselling for $20-$50. However, expired domains sell for well beyond $150. So, I'll wait for the approach. I have to translate quite a bit of Chinese emails (which hopefully isn't spam).

Any insight you would like to share on the matter?

•••
Thank you very much.
I have never been amazing with acronyms and that, I suppose, comes from not being native English.
I much prefer pronounceable ones.
I prefer pronounceable ones as well, but every once in a while a deal like tyvm com/net/org opens up to secure the brand and iijm (which was a developed site) slipped by most eyes as I can come up with acronyms and a development plan on the spot if within a decent range.

I also target #hashtag acronyms with an upward trend, such as GTFO.

However, I like to plan at least 7 days out before I do bulk purchasing beyond mid 5 figures on lots as I know half will be tangled up in lost capital until it's refunded.

Call signs aren't acronyms, I believe the government of countries assign them. There is a radio station WWWK (somewhere, saw it on Wikipedia) and it is currently parked and probably waiting for a 5 figure+ sale. WWWK is more memorable than somestation1057.com IMO, though I still remember funkymonkey1049.com as a teen (though it looks like they rebranded to thebrew1049.com) as they branded, but their call sign is KKBW, owned by no other than, BuyDomains.com. :P.

•••
I can just tell you what I have noticed as I too can't speak Chinese.
They are harvesting the market but they are investors like us, not end users. At least in my experience.
And the reason could be that the end users don't speak anything else but Chinese so communicate with the rest of the world is not easy for them either.

Personally I haven't been contacted by Chinese buyers; it seems they use specific platforms and channels to buy their domains

•••
This is for call signs. Here is a brief on the letter K used in USA and here is it on the letter W. It's hit or miss as there are always local stations catering to a certain region, though sharing the ultimate signature of "FOX" or "CBS". They tend to use fox13, kbnt13 or kbnt in the .com (just examples). They would like to secure their call signs though. They are holds and I have made some reseller sales based upon these.

This applies to radio call signs as well, though a bit more difficult.
I have a few of these. However, from what I've seen, most companies prefer to use addresses like Country105 dot com or NewsCenter4 dot com, instead of the call letters. Surprisingly few use the call letters.

•••
Good point, but what grinds my gears is people offering $5-$9 for a name they can easily see you've held for 2 years. No thanks. If you want it, put in a BIN or offer a decent price. Hell, for some of them seeing same quality (though I can't say for certain it's the "same" quality as I don't know the language), I would let them go for half of what they're selling for on expired markets (up to $500 in some cases) and quite possibly half if it was 0 to no work (a trust push) for $50 sales (but not that desperate for cash :-P).

•••
I have a few of these. However, from what I've seen, most companies prefer to use addresses like Country105 dot com or NewsCenter4 dot com, instead of the call letters. Surprisingly few use the call letters.
A lot do tend to brand, because the example given by WWWK above. However, another station I listened to was KISW. They are putting their call sign to use. Though, their call sign is memorable (a little less than WWWK would be IMO, though could be confused with www.k.com :xf.confused:).

Many other examples of stations using call signs only, branded for the station, branded for segments, etc.

To set security, I go for K and W if they're decent and have multipurpose use in my books.

•••
Good point, but what grinds my gears is people offering $5-$9 for a name they can easily see you've held for 2 years. No thanks. If you want it, put in a BIN or offer a decent price. Hell, for some of them seeing same quality (though I can't say for certain it's the "same" quality as I don't know the language), I would let them go for half of what they're selling for on expired markets (up to $500 in some cases) and quite possibly half if it was 0 to no work (a trust push) for $50 sales (but not that desperate for cash :P).
Kind of funny, I was looking for real world examples, and actually I came up with several stations using their call letters as the web address. The thing is, the established stations already have their letters if they really wanted them.

By the way, the Country 105 was a made up example, except it turns out it's a real world example too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back