IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Anyone else bullish on .me?
Every .me I've had thus far has had very significant traffic, but no sales--even when the prices were drastically reduced prior to delisting them. Wiring.me is my last favorite holdout, and does not seem to have the traffic extremes I saw with the others.

At this point, .me isn't for me. Others appear to have had success with them, so I'll let them indulge.

Last edited:
•••
Nice name. I have the same but with -er at the end. Do you have lots more .me names?
Thank you, but dropped many this year which didn't make sense for me and business.

Yes I have plenty.

•••
Every .me I've had thus far has had very significant traffic, but no sales--even when the prices were drastically reduced prior to delisting them. Wiring.me is my last favorite holdout, and does not seem to have the traffic extremes I saw with the others.

At this point, .me isn't for me. Others appear to have had success with them, so I'll let them indulge.
I agree there isn't much interest from real end users but at the end of you have a business related to it then it's really great or is you have something that can be of use to new startups.

Billing.me
Interactive.me
Fashion.me
Digital.me
Cars.me
And the list keeps going on..

•••
I agree there isn't much interest from real end users but at the end of you have a business related to it then it's really great or is you have something that can be of use to new startups.

Billing.me
Interactive.me
Fashion.me
Digital.me
Cars.me
And the list keeps going on..
Very nice domains!
Don't you get a lot of unusual traffic to your domains? It was a phenomenon I've seen on .me, unlike most of my other domains extensions. That's part of the reason I'm much more of fan of the .coms. But, perhaps you've had a different experience.

•••
•••
•••
inspirit.me
incubate.me
dove.me
synchro.me
cognito.me
blocker.me
fonts.me
when.me
unlabel.me
growup.me
mir.me
flick.me
sitemap.me
unzip.me
toolbox.me
uninstall.me

•••
sounds a bit odd together but what the heck it's a 4L dictionary word.

jilt
.me

•••
I did quite well with .me between 2008-2014, with nearly all sales to end-users.

i still have a few decent sales each year - 2 low 5 figure sales 1 mid-4 figure in 2022...but not like in 2009-2014 when I sold at least 10 per yr.

keep in mind these .me domains were all single word domains I won in auctions. Somehow I forgot to renew one in 2017,or 2018, and it sold at auction for 4 figures - things happen

i have had great luck with .me and .ai, 2 cctld extensions repurposed...and hoping .tv will make a comeback with all the streaming

Last edited:
•••
i still have a few decent sales each year - 2 low 5 figure sales 1 mid-4 figure in 2022...but not like in 2009-2014 when I sold at least 10 per yr.

How many did you start with?

•••
•••
How many did you start with?
maybe 300? all either acquired in landrush prior to .me launch...and/or premium .me auction in 2008

what really helped .me in first few years...they had a creative and energetic marketing team working with startups, attending conferences, etc

•••
maybe 300? all either acquired in landrush prior to .me launch...and/or premium .me auction in 2008

what really helped .me in first few years...they had a creative and energetic marketing team working with startups, attending conferences, etc
I saw that in 2009 you had lots of .me domains.

I just acquired network.me. I didn't realize .me was so old.

Here I had been thinking it was a hidden gem.

I've sold Keych// ain.me, scala// ble.me, and carda// no.me and wris/ no_url_shorteners. all inbound through either Dan or brandbucket. I'm planning on buying more one word .me domains in the future

I think .me is getting popular because of crypto. I haven't done much research on other gtlds but .me seems to be second place to .xyz in terms of crypto startups

•••
•••
finft.me
funft.me
I owned FUN.ME and sold it to a french company years ago...maybe 14 yrs ago
I sold family.me to Spokeo on same day, so that was a good day for .me

•••
I owned FUN.ME and sold it to a french company years ago...maybe 14 yrs ago
I sold family.me to Spokeo on same day, so that was a good day for .me
Very nice!

Are .me getting more popular nowadays?

•••
•••
•••
how many .me domains do you own mate ?
maybe 50 or so left, including a few i won in auctions in 2008, paying about 5 k each

•••
Lux.Me was in auctions... but i gave up lol. i understand lux = luxury, light, and is also a cool abbreviation for UX. so l ux.

But for a .me... 3000 ? that's too bad even for desperation. Do you guys think it's worth it to get it for 3k and try to "hope" for a 20k+ sail? cuz... it's... i mean... .me :P

1680729923937.png

•••
Doesn't make much sense to me at that price if "speculation".

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't make much sense to me at that price if "speculation".
LOL forge u have .me?

i think .. it's a 3L word... so that's something. But 3Ls have been expiring for .me so that turned me off...

it's definitely medium risk cuz .me honestly isn't in the spotlight and there's no news about it making a comeback. Swetha didn't spend 3k on ONE .xyz when xyz was being made fun of back then.

but lux is a huge keyword though. like as in... it's definitely ultra brandable

•••
Pricing are jumping due to speculation I am in auctions most of the time and nowadays you see some good buys and some auctions making no sense but I feel many will end up not paying for auctions it only costs 50$ to get back to auctions if you don't pay in time.

•••
LOL forge u have .me?

i think .. it's a 3L word... so that's something. But 3Ls have been expiring for .me so that turned me off...

it's definitely medium risk cuz .me honestly isn't in the spotlight and there's no news about it making a comeback. Swetha didn't spend 3k on ONE .xyz when xyz was being made fun of back then.

but lux is a huge keyword though. like as in... it's definitely ultra brandable
Lux is also trademark by lux soaps

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back