IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe you should look up the definition of sarcasm before you go off the rails next time.
Maybe, you should stop self owning yourself day after day?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

Truckers took the government to court. The court decision: Justin was right to invoke the Emergency Act.

https://www.thetrucker.com/trucking...nvoke-emergency-act-in-canadian-truck-protest

We have a republic. 50 separate state governments.

Does each state have it's own Constitution and Bill of Rights?

The courts. We are a nation of laws. If that doesn't work we have guns.

Our rights are INALIENABLE, rights granted to us by our Creator, not the government.

Did God say, "My Constitution gives you the right to kill"? :unsure:

•••
Truckers took the government to court. The court decision: Justin was right to invoke the Emergency Act.

https://www.thetrucker.com/trucking...nvoke-emergency-act-in-canadian-truck-protest
Can't trust the courts

Does each state have it's own Constitution and Bill of Rights?
Yes but they can only give additional protections.

Did God say, "My Constitution gives you the right to kill"? :unsure:

This isn't a question, it's a provocation. Does any earthly government have the right to kill? It depends on the circumstances.

Last edited:
•••
It wasn't even federal. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
mr-x said I’m not done self owning myself today, I got another one in me

No kidding, tells me you weren’t paying attention

•••
mr-x said I’m not done self owning myself today, I got another one in me

No kidding, tells me you weren’t paying attention

I bet you wonder why I think you're funny.

•••
USA Military having a hard time meeting recruiting goals.

1678653380032.png

•••
•••
Attacking those that serve, ok with overturning the vote, support of insurrectionists. So anti-American

Hot take by a guy who didn't serve.

0_image_0fab17e6.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hot take by a guy who didn't serve.

0_image_0fab17e6.jpg
I'm an army brat, grew up around military. You're some hateful Christian that likes to attack people that are different from you, some serving their country. Some other hateful Christian called Mike Pence is making gay jokes about Buttigieg last night, somebody else who actually served. I'm curious, can you make a list of anything positive that comes from that? What have you gained from it?

Last edited:
•••
This isn't a question, it's a provocation. Does any earthly government have the right to kill? It depends on the circumstances.

The Creator did not annoint the Founding Fathers with infinite wisdom. Unlike the Bible (although there have been different versions open to interpretation), the Constitution of any country is a working document. Although the USA has had considerable time to work out the wrinkles, the 'sacred text' of American government and civic life as written in 1787, isn't working. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I'm an army brat, grew up around military. You're some hateful Christian that likes to attack people that are different from you, some serving their country. Some other hateful Christian called Mike Pence is making gay jokes about Buttigieg last night, somebody else who actually served. I'm curious, can you make a list of anything positive that comes from that? What have you gained from it?

you don't get credit for your parents service, groomer

Last edited:
•••
•••
you don't get credit for your parents service
You don't get any credit for not serving at all and just being a hateful Christian. And if you actually knew anything about the military, you do get some kind of credit. Only 10% see actual combat and families support those enlisted, having to move on a whim to wherever they're told. Kids get uprooted, go to new schools, have to make new friends, spouses have to find new jobs etc. Usually easier for enlisted.

And skipped over your hate.

•••
The Creator did not annoint the Founding Fathers with infinite wisdom.
So?

Unlike the Bible (although there have been different versions open to interpretation),
The old testament is the Jewish Bible. The books of the new testament were written in Greek and I believe Arabic. We have those transcripts, all translations are from the original transcripts.

Dead sea scrolls confirm that.

the Constitution of any country is a working document. Although the USA has had considerable time to work out the wrinkles, the 'sacred text' of American government and civic life as written in 1787, isn't working. :xf.rolleyes:

I don't understand your open hostility to the USA or Christianity. At least @Domainace can make valid criticism, even if a little biased.

Last edited:
•••
You don't get any credit for not serving at all and just being a hateful Christian. And if you actually knew anything about the military, you do get some kind of credit. Only 10% see actual combat and families support those enlisted, having to move on a whim to wherever they're told. Kids get uprooted, go to new schools, have to make new friends, spouses have to find new jobs etc. Usually easier for enlisted.

And skipped over your hate.

You're angry because I made fun of you. I'm sorry. Next time I'll point out my post was sarcasm.

•••
You're angry because I made fun of you. I'm sorry. Next time I'll point out my post was sarcasm.
Not angry at all, you always are tho.

•••
I don't understand your open hostility to the USA or Christianity. At least @Domainace can make valid criticism, even if a little biased.

Criticism is not hostility... at least I'm informed about the US Constitution, although your knowledge of Canada is definitely biased. Accusing me of hostility toward Christianity is a lie.

•••
The actual wording of protection is in negative form, for example, “Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, or the press." Due process is stated not in the affirmative, but as a right not to be “deprived" (ie. life, liberty, or property, without due process of law).
Exactly. One of the results of a dumbed-down populace is that everyone screams about right but very few have any clue of what the words "rights" means. There are no natural rights - as someone who spends time in nature, I am sure you are aware of that. Tell a hungry polar bear or a winter storm about rights. Rights are promises that the current government/warlords in charge will not infringe on your personal freedom in certain ways. No more no less. That's why the wording is negative. All of history is filled with rulers oppressing the people they rule over, thus the concept of rights.
There are differences, for instance there is no provision in the US in terms of affirmative constitutional rights to free counsel for the public defence from measures imposed by the government, nor does the US Constitution guarantee its citizens affirmative action, requiring public assistance programs (food, shelter or free medical care) necessary to sustain life, health and an adequate quality of life.
These are not rights, any more than someone stealing your snowmobile is a right. These are policies, some of them quite bad and all of them requiring people to surrender their rights. They are the opposite of rights.
the 'sacred text' of American government and civic life as written in 1787, isn't working
It's a contract, and one whose terms have been egregiously violated for a very long time now. I don't see it getting fixed, especially with a large portion of the populace who think rights mean "free stuff for me" and think freedom is a subversive concept.

•••
Exactly. One of the results of a dumbed-down populace is that everyone screams about right but very few have any clue of what the words "rights" means. There are no natural rights - as someone who spends time in nature, I am sure you are aware of that. Tell a hungry polar bear or a winter storm about rights...

Americans in 1776 were guided by "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God" when they declared their independence and constituted themselves; however, the claim that Constitutional rights are natural and God-given is about as tangible as eating soup with chopsticks. The laws of nature apply to a government that derives its "just powers" from the consent of the governed.

No denying the US Constitution is a master document with teeth, but a nation of copious consumers hungry for resources is like a ravenous polar bear on the ice ...but that ice is melting and the species is doomed to extinction.

It's a contract, and one whose terms have been egregiously violated for a very long time now. I don't see it getting fixed, especially with a large portion of the populace who think rights mean "free stuff for me" and think freedom is a subversive concept.

What is required for self-preservation is peace - the fundamental law of nature. Derived from this is the second law of nature, whereby people enter into a contract by surrendering their natural rights (ie. self-government) to a governing body which represents their rights. Americans are continually bragging about how free they are without any scale of comparison, 'free' compared to what? The notion has been indoctrinated well in order to placate the masses.

•••
•••
What is required for self-preservation is peace - the fundamental law of nature. Derived from this is the second law of nature, whereby people enter into a contract by surrendering their natural rights (ie. self-government) to a governing body which represents their rights. Americans are continually bragging about how free they are without any scale of comparison, 'free' compared to what?
Now we are on the same page at last. Of course, we fundamentally disagree on the solutions. Yes, all laws are, by definition, restrictions of freedom. Most people accept the need for some laws. But, in my opinion, people are too quick to forget that governments also, by definition, always lean toward tyranny. So it's a balancing act.

For me, seeing the record of dictatorial governments on the environment, I find big government "solutions" to be highly suspect. Dictators always start with big promises.

So far as the freedom index, if Canada and New Zealand are near 100, it is hugely flawed. They may or may not deserve to be at the top of the heap, but even the best of the bunch fall far short in my opinion. Maybe they use a sliding scale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back