NameSilo

status-monitor This forum gets really crazy (Seller pays fees)

Spaceship
Watch
I come here seldom and every time I come here I get reminded why !

I posted as always in a sales forum and while I never ever sell here because people who come here just look for givaways .
0)
anyway now my last post required an edit as I posted escrow fees are to be paid by the buyer .

I buy and sell domain names full time for 17 years and have sold 100's of domains ( on escrow.com alone )

I do know that buyers just can back out without any reason and then you ( the seller ) gets stuck with all the escrow fees - why in the world would I ever agree to anything like this -

I sold countless domains at escrow and I never ever paid one single cent in escrow fees and I will not start now doing so !

whoever makes these rules in this forum needs to use his or her brain - this does not make any sense and I will never ever agree to a stupid and ridiculous rule like this - I will take my business someplace else !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I come here seldom and every time I come here I get reminded why !

I posted as always in a sales forum and while I never ever sell here because people who come here just look for givaways .
0)
anyway now my last post required an edit as I posted escrow fees are to be paid by the buyer .

I buy and sell domain names full time for 17 years and have sold 100's of domains ( on escrow.com alone )

I do know that buyers just can back out without any reason and then you ( the seller ) gets stuck with all the escrow fees - why in the world would I ever agree to anything like this -

I sold countless domains at escrow and I never ever paid one single cent in escrow fees and I will not start now doing so !

whoever makes these rules in this forum needs to use his or her brain - this does not make any sense and I will never ever agree to a stupid and ridiculous rule like this - I will take my business someplace else !
Cool story, bro.

•••
Check out the "Learn why" link:

6.1.7. Sellers are responsible for paying all transaction fees. Sellers should take fees into consideration when choosing sale prices or starting bids. Multiple sale prices and multiple starting bids may be set based on specific criteria. Learn why. No hidden fees may be assessed on a deal or sales listing by either party.
Also refer to the other link above that explains how easy it is to incorporate the fees into your price.

It's straightforward, but if you'd prefer to pay 10-20% commission on your sales instead of spend an extra 5 minutes adjusting your prices accordingly, that's your judgement call to make as a business owner.

I never ever sell here because people who come here just look for givaways .
This is an inaccurate generalization. The volume of deals occurring on NamePros, of all sizes, is massive. We see five-figure deals closing far more often these days than in the past.

Thanks for your feedback.

•••
No one pays fees on Escrow.com if the transaction is cancelled prior to funds being received.

After that, buyers always pay the cancellation fees on Escrow.com when the deal is cancelled:

In the event of a rejection of the merchandise or cancellation of the transaction after funds have been secured, the Buyer is responsible for escrow fees, return shipping fees, and original shipping fee if the Buyer agreed to pay. The escrow fee and any original shipping fees will be taken out of the original payment made to Escrow.com.​

https://www.escrow.com/support/faqs...sible-for-paying-the-escrow-fees-to-escrowcom

•••
thank you for the additional information - I will keep this in mind .

•••
Hi

i had same issue with requesting buyer pay paypal fee's, so now it's a "handling fee"

but to not allow sellers to request that buyer pay Escrow fee's is ridiculous, based on this rationale:

The primary reason for this change is to help with the expansion of our marketplace to more buyers, especially those outside the domain industry where adding transaction fees to a sale price is considered unconventional, confusing, and misleading. These buyers will not be repeat customers of our platform (or you) if they have negative experiences due to what has become "standard" in the industry by many sellers.

who came up with that lie, it's blatant misrepresentation of how domain transactions have been handled for years between unknown parties across the world.

as wolfis stated, i too have sold many names via escrow.com and have never paid the fee, and i have had "repeat" buyers, who are willing to pay fee's to acquire quality domain names.

now if you peddling crap, you wanna make it easy to sell it, so preventing others sellers from using their traditional methods, will/may/can drive owners of higher quality from offering to np members.

it's fine for the forum to promote 3rd party venues like flippa where they rake in numerous fee's, but it's prohibited for members to not pay a fee?

sounds contrary, contradictory and flat out wrong!

imo.....

•••
selling domains ( just like you ) for a very very long time at escrow - I have never even had it second guessed by a buyer - but rules are rules and thankfully there are other options and other venues out there .

•••
What were you hoping to gain from your post here? Why not provide constructive feedback and/or a request for some change? Instead of an inaccurate rant about the site, and stating you will leave a few times.

If I go to a supermarket and the fruit is mouldy, I don't walk around the store moaning about it to the other customers and staff, I just go elsewhere.

The site has many other aspects, discussion and information, news, advice, etc. Plus the sales section is good, just because it doesn't fit into your exact requirements does not make it bad ;)

'Low priced' deals does not mean 'undervalued' deals! The forum is full of domainers who want to make a profit themselves, so bargains are great, and many are happy to sell here at a low and fast ROI as their business model caters for this by selling in high volume.

If you feel your domains are not worthy of being listed here, you do have Sedo and other outlets :)

•••
james haw said:
If I go to a supermarket and the fruit is mouldy, I don't walk around the store moaning about it to the other customers and staff, I just go elsewhere.

i would, i'd show other customers and i'd call the manager and maybe even call the city to ensure they don't continue to sell moldy products.

•••
We're always open to changing things for the better.

The best way to achieve a change is to propose a better solution that is mindful of the concerns that are solved by the existing solution. ;)

•••
i would, i'd show other customers and i'd call the manager and maybe even call the city to ensure they don't continue to sell moldy products.
Not-sure-if-sarcastic..

•••
What were you hoping to gain from your post here? Why not provide constructive feedback and/or a request for some change? Instead of an inaccurate rant about the site, and stating you will leave a few times.

and what exactly do you think this is - look at this very thread - this is how a healthy discussion starts and this discussion may even lead to some changes ... so what is your point and why the personal attack ?

it was not inaccurate - i stated facts as i knew them dealing with escrow for over 17 years in countless transactions - for your information the company was sold last year and some changes where made . and as for problems with this forum : it did not end with my post - several more attempts to post an updated sales post that i spend another 2 hours in updating everything to make 100 % sure it complies with all rules the same moderator blocked all sales post attempts .

and rather than posting again in this forum , on how frustration it is - " just to try to post something without being cencored and only to get a somewhat nowatall arrongant response " - i decided to just don't post anymore .

i guess that is why i see all that molded fruit in all the supermarket - because no one opens their mouth and makes the managers aware of the problem !

The site has many other aspects, discussion and information, news, advice, etc. Plus the sales section is good, just because it doesn't fit into your exact requirements does not make it bad ;)

not sure what you read in my post that you feel the need to make this false and unfounded statement !

'Low priced' deals does not mean 'undervalued' deals! The forum is full of domainers who want to make a profit themselves, so bargains are great, and many are happy to sell here at a low and fast ROI as their business model caters for this by selling in high volume.

hmmm - believe it or not i have been around the block awhile and i do know this concept even so it may be new to you - if you look at this forum and my salespost from 10 years ago - you will see exactly this - so please there is no need to try to lecture me how business works you to make you feel important - its just a very unatracktive move and only can harm you later on when trying to make a deal .. ( like the saying goes - dont burn all your bridges ...)

If you feel your domains are not worthy of being listed here, you do have Sedo and other outlets :)

again i am unsure how you came to that unfounded conclusion ... not one single word in my original post or any other place have i even written anything that could be taken that way and how would you actually know how i feel ?

•••
We're always open to changing things for the better.

The best way to achieve a change is to propose a better solution that is mindful of the concerns that are solved by the existing solution. ;)

Hi Eric

if that's the case, then:

I suggest Namepros let it be the "members" decision, whether they want to do business with sellers, who ask them to pay Escrow or Paypal fee's.

imo...

Not-sure-if-sarcastic..

no, i was not being sarcastic

i would not want others to consume moldy food and perhaps become sick later.

imo....

•••
I suggest Namepros let it be the "members" decision, whether they want to do business with sellers, who ask them to pay Escrow or Paypal fee's.

+1

•••
Epic post!
The first thing I noticed was there was a great deal to be learned about domaining in general.
As a free/low cost subscription -it's a fantastic site actually. But when it comes to selling things do get harder

I haven't sold a domain here YET and I will probably never will. As I would rather develop my own domains.
Occasionally we have a tight week or so. And that may damage the domains future I feel offering for $50 it -all goes into Google. (thus I will prob start all over again!)
If we aren't selling domains in bulk successfully for profit like some guys on NP's that is.
I bought a job lot of celebrity names here yet Im unable to list them -"Thanks for your understanding".
It leaves me with those 15 I wonder where I may list if at all??
But anyway, it has also made me feel I should adjust my portfolio and approach things differently -offers $2!
I use NP as an additional club really. I don't expect amazing sales as I'd first hoped. - Wholesale prices.
But the forums are educational, I've made a few new contacts and it's given me some new ideas..

Last edited:
•••
Hi Eric
if that's the case, then:

wonderful idea !

•••
and what exactly do you think this is - look at this very thread - this is how a healthy discussion starts and this discussion may even lead to some changes ... so what is your point and why the personal attack ?

it was not inaccurate - i stated facts as i knew them dealing with escrow for over 17 years in countless transactions - for your information the company was sold last year and some changes where made . and as for problems with this forum : it did not end with my post - several more attempts to post an updated sales post that i spend another 2 hours in updating everything to make 100 % sure it complies with all rules the same moderator blocked all sales post attempts .

and rather than posting again in this forum , on how frustration it is - " just to try to post something without being cencored and only to get a somewhat nowatall arrongant response " - i decided to just don't post anymore .

i guess that is why i see all that molded fruit in all the supermarket - because no one opens their mouth and makes the managers aware of the problem !

not sure what you read in my post that you feel the need to make this false and unfounded statement !

hmmm - believe it or not i have been around the block awhile and i do know this concept even so it may be new to you - if you look at this forum and my salespost from 10 years ago - you will see exactly this - so please there is no need to try to lecture me how business works you to make you feel important - its just a very unatracktive move and only can harm you later on when trying to make a deal .. ( like the saying goes - dont burn all your bridges ...)

again i am unsure how you came to that unfounded conclusion ... not one single word in my original post or any other place have i even written anything that could be taken that way and how would you actually know how i feel ?

I made no assumptions, I responded directly to the attitude in your opening post, where you made negative statements about the forum, its rules, sales prices, staff users. eg:

Forum is bad: "I come here seldom and every time I come here I get reminded why"
Users are bad: "people who come here just look for givaways"
Staff are bad: "whoever makes these rules in this forum needs to use his or her brain"

Ranting and attacking everyone personally is not really a good approach to getting something changed is it? And hence my first post stating it was a "rant" and you might as well leave, or be constructive.

Re the fruit
There's a big difference between "mention to staff in passing" and "run around the store telling all customers and staff" which was my specific analogy in comparison to you starting this thread.

Is the rule stupid? Possibly yes, maybe I even agree with you, but you need to be constructive, discuss, and work towards producing a plausible reason to change it.

•••
As a buyer and seller i'm never truly happy paying fees either way. but its part of doing business. i personally think escrow fees should be optional. and paypal the seller should pay depending on the situation. I do lots of deals where the buyer wants to negotiate to a point where its deal breaking and i need to ask them to cover the fees. So for certain situations i also think that fees should be optional. But in the market place i think it should be optional for escrow fees and paypal should be covered by seller. this is just my opinion. Either way the fees need to be agreed opon and we need to have some kind of structure here that works for all. Not sure if thats possible,

•••
here are the escrow rules as posted in a current discussion in this forum :

8. Cancellation
Once escrow funds have been deposited, in the event that Seller fails to ship the merchandise within the required ten (10) day period or within any longer time period upon which Buyer and Seller have mutually agreed, Buyer may request a refund of the deposited funds. The request for refund shall be submitted to the support form. Buyer hereby agrees that the entire escrow fee shall be deducted from his/her/its refund regardless of any other previous arrangement for allocation of the escrow fee that may have been made between Buyer and Seller (and Broker when applicable). A Domain Name Holding transaction may not be cancelled by the Seller after the domain has been secured in Escrow.com’s holding account. Buyer and Seller also agree that Seller may request the escrow transaction be cancelled and the Buyer refunded, less escrow fees, at any time. In the event of a cancellation after funds are received, or rejection of merchandise, the Broker will not receive the commission unless otherwise stipulated in the escrow agreement.

•••
Thanks for your feedback and ideas.

We are discussing it internally and will let you know if there are any updates.

Buyer and Seller also agree that Seller may request the escrow transaction be cancelled and the Buyer refunded, less escrow fees, at any time.
Correct, this is the same as what I explained before, and that's why you, the seller, never have anything to worry about: sellers never pay those fees in the event of cancellation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back