Dynadot

news Threads.com Enjoying the Massive Traffic Leak Thanks to Meta

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Meta, Inc. launched Threads, a Twitter alternative. Within a day, the youngest social medium owned by Mark Zuckerberg has exceeded 25 million registrations.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Meta will buy Threads.com soon;
they bought Meta.com domain, after all!

•••

I don't think it will be an easy domain-only purchase. If it does happen it will probably be because they buy out the entire company.

•••
silly question maybe, or maybe not. is it trademark or legal issues to register a domain for example topthreads.com and have a website that actually scrapes content from threads ? any reply is fine, just be confident its correct. thanks in advance.

•••
silly question maybe, or maybe not. is it trademark or legal issues to register a domain for example topthreads.com and have a website that actually scrapes content from threads ? any reply is fine, just be confident its correct. thanks in advance.
It's better to read Threads.com T&C and other policies top to bottom to get an idea about that.

•••
Surely there is a connection between Meta and Threads.com
They paid 8m$ to get the the domain fb.com, short for facebook, and then Meta.com
I see that Meta will definitely work hard to acquire the Threads.com domain, regardless of the business currently based on the domain
There is a strong challenge between Meta and Twitter, and any progress in the Threads business makes the value of the Threads.com domain higher and more important for Meta

•••
There is a strong challenge between Meta and Twitter, and any progress in the Threads business makes the value of the Threads.com domain higher and more important for Meta
Yes. And, if they were intelligent enough they would have bought the domain first at lower price before launching the business.

•••
Yes. And, if they were intelligent enough they would have bought the domain first at lower price before launching the business.

Absolutely correct does not make any sense to me!!

•••
The "leaked" traffic is probably useless to threads.com because they are not looking for the services provided by threads.com.

•••
The "leaked" traffic is probably useless to threads.com because they are not looking for the services provided by threads.com.

Doesn't matter. It's free traffic and some visitors might be interested in the product they would otherwise not be aware of. And then there are topics like this one, which made me visit threads.com even though I haven't even visited threads.net yet, since it's of no interest to me.

•••
Doesn't matter. It's free traffic and some visitors might be interested in the product they would otherwise not be aware of. And then there are topics like this one, which made me visit threads.com even though I haven't even visited threads.net yet, since it's of no interest to me.
1 billion traffic per second means nothing if people came for apple and you are offering donkeys for sale.

•••
i have similar domain and i would like to know also thank you

•••
1 billion traffic per second means nothing if people came for apple and you are offering donkeys for sale.
With minecraft.net vs com (used to be an Australian mining equipment company - I see that they sold the domain eventually) or youtube.com vs utube.com (used to be a tubing company, now the website is defunct) I would agree. But "twitter replacement" and "slack replacement" aren't that far off.

•••

Obviously they tried (no one launches a startup on a .NET without first contacting the .COM owner, especially one with this kind of money) and the company operating on Threads.com either said no or quoted some then-outlandish price.

So Zuck decided to try out the .NET to see if the idea had sticking power, and if it does, then I bet he'll have no problem meeting the price.

•••
Meta, Inc. launched Threads, a Twitter alternative. Within a day, the youngest social medium owned by Mark Zuckerberg has exceeded 25 million registrations.
Read More.
I haven't heard of anybody on any site I frequent, or who I know, who has used Threads. I think that 25M is just the bots.

•••
Read More.
25 million registration 😆

It's 25 million already registered Instagram users that are now stuck with threads and can't close their account as closing their threads account means closing their Insta account.

•••
closing their threads account means closing their Insta account
Wow, what kind of digital slavery is it lol 😄, Zuckerberg is just like a spider that caught victims in his .net

•••
I don't think it will be an easy domain-only purchase. If it does happen it will probably be because they buy out the entire company.
Mr. Zuckerberg may have chosen the .net because a net is made of threads, more or less. He launched fwd.us and did not buy out fwd.com. He also did not buy threads.us. Billionaires; go figure.

Billionaires. If a person made $1 million a year, it would take 1,000 years to make a $1 billion total.

Last edited:
•••
How can they claim that it's had X "signups". They just made it a one click from Instagram... That's not a sign up in my book.

•••
Mr. Zuckerberg may have chosen the .net because a net is made of threads, more or less. He launched fwd.us and did not buy out fwd.com. He also did not buy threads.us. Billionaires; go figure.

Billionaires. If a person made $1 million a year, it would take 1,000 years to make a $1 billion total.
Mr. Zuckerberg spent $8.5 million on FB.com

I believe, it’s only a matter of time!
Threads.com will re-brand after FB buys the domain.

Last edited:
•••
Mr. Zuckerberg spent $8.5 million on FB.com

I believe, it’s only a matter of time!
Threads.com will re-brand after FB buys the domain.
I don't think it's that important for them, especially when nowadays almost everyone using an app without visiting an actual site. It's business anyway, to cut losses is the goal too, why should they spend thousands or millions for a domain. Don't get me wrong, I wish they do haha, but come on :)

•••
I don't think it's that important for them, especially when nowadays almost everyone using an app without visiting an actual site. It's business anyway, to cut losses is the goal too, why should they spend thousands or millions for a domain. Don't get me wrong, I wish they do haha, but come on :)

Google and Apple own the platforms on which the Threads 'app' is reliant. So it's more important than ever for Facebook to own the .com domain name. Domain names are the only 'open' way to access something on the Internet. Everything else is some corporation's platform.

•••
Yep. Just like OpenSea eventually bought the com after starting with io.

Last edited:
•••
Musk should buyout that company. 🙂

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back