Domain Empire

Top SEO's are recommending brandables not EMDs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you want to learn SEO I recommend dropping into the channel of josh bachynski. His SEO show is underrated, and has some excellent advice when it comes to how to execute great white-hat SEO.

One of the things he is recommending to his viewers is to go with short brandables within any extension, yes even the new gTLD's.

In his intro video he is advising to pass on the 'expensive' exact match $5k - $50k domain names and go brandable. Then start advertising via social etc...

This does come from an SEO expert an not so much a branding expert, but I thought that it was interesting to hear for recommended SEO practice for 2016.

Your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How did google know it was "established website" without a 301 redirect?

"I" called it established because it had been active for a reasonable number of years, offered a legitimate product, was a manufacturer and not and affiliate site. That is my personal description of established, not necessarily Google's .

Edit: I checked the day after sale and they had no 301 redirect, just the page with the link to the new website name, saying we have moved to serve you better. I just checked now and they do have a 301 redirect to the new EMD, so they could have placed it after my first checking and prior to the serps changing. Either way the only material change was the move to the .com EMD from the .info EMD

Last edited:
•••
"I" called it established because it had been active for a reasonable number of years, offered a legitimate product, was a manufacturer and not and affiliate site. That is my personal description of established, not necessarily Google's .

I understand that. But for Google to move that content ahead, it would have to know somehow that it is established. How would it do it without redirect? Unless, it has some algorithm to a) understand that it is the same context as old one duplicated; b) prioritize that now the same name is in .com and must be more reliable/better match.

•••
I understand that. But for Google to move that content ahead, it would have to know somehow that it is established. How would it do it without redirect? Unless, it has some algorithm to a) understand that it is the same context as old one duplicated; b) prioritize that now the same name is in .com and must be more reliable/better match.

It was not duplicated but replaced on the new website, as they removed all content on the original, leaving only the link to the new website address.

Yes, it is seems that the new .com website gained more authority and was deemed more reliable almost immediately.. That is why I postulated that .com EMD still hold considerable authority, value.

•••
^They must have used Google Search Console optimizations as well? Not sure if it's common as I rarely read about anyone using it when I go through SEO articles.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back