Dynadot

question Trademark issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gpik79

Established Member
Impact
Let's say I registered the domain American Insurance bank in 2011. And in 2012 a bank opened up with exact term and registered a trademark in 2015 but they own the hypenated version of my domain.....Should I be worried since it's a bank domain or just list it for sale and not mind

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bit of a coincidence. Owning a domain "before" something that came to be / or known may strengthen your case. Depends on the circumstance, and how plausible your situation is. An entity like a bank...if they can pay you off for a domain they want, they'd probably do that to save time / hassle. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Bit of a coincidence. Owning a domain "before" something that came to be strengthens your case. Depends on the circumstance, and how plausible your situation is. An entity like a bank...if they can pay you off for a domain they want, they'd probably do that to save hassle. IMO

Thanks jhm ... Do you think I should leave it's dan for sale page on or probably make it show up as a website in use..... And let's say it's American Business Bank what pricing would you go with?....

•••
Thanks jhm ... Do you think I should leave it's dan for sale page on or probably make it show up as a website in use..... And let's say it's American Business Bank what pricing would you go with?....
American Business Bank...the bank founded in 1998?

Did you buy the domain "before" 1998? Or did you think "aha, there's American Business Bank...they may have trademark protection, but maybe I can make some money by sitting on this baby". If its the latter, I'd reconsider

Last edited:
•••
American Business Bank...the bank founded in 1998?

Did you buy the domain "before" 1998? Or did you think "aha, there's American Business Bank...they may have trademark protection, but maybe I can make some money by sitting on this baby". If its the latter, I'd reconsider

No lol... That's not the domain... I just meant it's something similar to that.... Yes I bought the domain 2 years before the bank came into existence back in 2012... I own the . Com they own the . Net, org, biz, info and what nots.... after they came in 2012.. but I owned the . Com since 2011

Last edited:
•••
No lol... That's not the domain... I just meant it's something similar to that.... Yes I bought the domain 2 years before the bank came into existence back in 2012...
Hmm, knowing what it is would help. Sounds a grey area. If this bank really wanted your domain, that you just happened to own before their birth, they'd be letting you know about it considering we're in 2022

Last edited:
•••
Hmm, knowing what it is would help. Sounds a grey area. If the bank really wanted your domain, they'd be letting you know about it considering we're in 2022

Wonder why I haven't mentioned it lol .... Well it's British/Business//Bank . Com

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wonder why I haven't mentioned it lol .... Well it's British/Business//Bank . Com
Doubt they'll care. British businesses often like their "DOT CO DOT UK"

•••
Doubt they'll care. British businesses often like their "DOT CO DOT UK"

Yeah They own the . Net, org, info and biz of this tho.... And their main site is in . Co.uk but they also own the . Com of it in the hypenated version

•••
I'd say you have a good chance of selling the domain to them, at some point in time. Just be patient.

•••
As long as you don’t approach them or place ads on the page you should be good.

•••
I see negative reviews of them on indeed. I saw don't wait, sue them for tarnishing the value of your domain. Ask the court to force them to change their name.

🤣

🤣

🤣

•••
🤣🤣🤣🤣Then i better go to law school and in 8 years I should be ready to sue them
I see negative reviews of them on indeed. I saw don't wait, sue them for tarnishing the value of your domain. Ask the court to force them to change their name.

🤣

🤣

🤣

•••
•••
•••

🤣

🤣

🤣

Lol

•••
@Gpik79 If you can make the sale, power to you. Those that run this particular bank is actually the UK government...

•••
@Gpik79 If you can make the sale, power to you. Those that run this particular bank is actually the UK government...
Yeah I noticed.... Will just have to wait and see I guess 50/50

•••
I have been first and had my intellectual property attacked they had a hyphen till they forgot that too so eat a turd.

•••
That is a bank that is owned by the government. Good work. Hold onto it and don't give them any excuse to take it off you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back