IT.COM

discuss Twitter account permanently suspended for marketing my domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lotus03

Established Member
Impact
Anyone else market their domain names on twitter?

I tried doing this. All I tweeted were a few hashtags like #startup #domains, and my domain name for sale... a few weeks later my account is permanently suspended.... I did not break any rules.

Oh well. Does anyone else use twitter to market/showcase their domain names and is twitter a useful tool to try get sales. Not sure if it's worth trying to appeal this/create a new twitter account just so I can market my domain names for sale.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Before an account is permanently suspended you get infractions and warnings that tell you the offending tweets. People market there all the time. Over marketing might get you ignored and unfollowed but what you are describing you had to really do things out of the ordinary and get reported for it repeatedly.

It might not be the place for you. It’s primarily for networking anyways.

•••
Many on Twitter view it as spam and likely reported your account for spamming. Nobody wants to have domain names forced on them in their social media feed anyway. It's super annoying, and it looks desperate.

It's far better to wait for end users to approach you when they are in the market to buy a domain name than for you to push your domain names on end users when they are not even thinking about domain names at all. You can get much higher sale prices when you wait for them to approach you first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back