NameSilo

Umm what happened to Domain.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Ok so I know I have netfirms and dotster domains. I checked one of my domains that I don't see in my netfirms or dotster accounts. but it's registered over at Domain.com? but I visited it right now and it's blank? are they doing maintenance or something?

or is domain.com really just netfirms or Dotster??

Confused. haven't check my accounts or domains at those sites.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
woks fine here
if u not visited in a while maybe they all expired and now its blank ;)

they are all related as you know
but domain.com is no more doster or netfirms, than doster is netfirms.
same idea... so if you know how doster and netifrms difer, then you know exactly how domain.com differs from them too ;)
cheers

Last edited:
•••
yes, also working fine for me

@Avtar629 - you have to use a whois that will show you the RESELLER which is NetFirms Dotster or MyDomain, the parent company is Domain.com so that will show as registrar on all domains at any of the siblings

use http://gwhois.org

Registrar: Domain.com, LLC | Reseller: Netfirms

•••
Domain.com is down for me, both http and https

•••
lol Thanks Alcy.

I actually have a notebook I keep all my passwords and usernames and keep in a fireproof lockbox I had handy.

anyways.

looking at my book. I have all three Domain.com and Netfirms and Dotster on same page but I only have usernames and passwords for netfirms and dotster

so..... that domain I checked out via Whois? that said Domain.com as it's registrar? I guess it was either netfirms or dotster?

I must have missed the domain in question. I forget the domain name.

do these sites interchange using their domains in the whois? anyone notice this?

•••
Thanks guys! feeling like a total NEWB right now! lol :-P

•••
lol Thanks Alcy.

I actually have a notebook I keep all my passwords and usernames and keep in a fireproof lockbox I had handy.

anyways.

looking at my book. I have all three Domain.com and Netfirms and Dotster on same page but I only have usernames and passwords for netfirms and dotster

so..... that domain I checked out via Whois? that said Domain.com as it's registrar? I guess it was either netfirms or dotster?

I must have missed the domain in question. I forget the domain name.

do these sites interchange using their domains in the whois? anyone notice this?

oh yes the whois can be confuisng

most of my netfirm/doster domains say thy are regged domain.com

I guess domain.com is their main thing. something like that.

i think u have to scroll down inwhois info to find that abuse@ email and its about only way imo to tell where its regged exactly

•••
ok I checked it..... and its not abuse@ its support@

look for it and you will know where its regged

here is example of one of mine regged at netifrms..... but shows domain.com on top........ so just see bottom for support@

so just go to www.whois.com and it'll be there.

Registration Service Provider:
Netfirms,
56a0419e90b48d675d35e3f3c4a2d6aa6201f971.png
@netfirms.com
+1.866-317-4678
+1.781-998-8586 (fax)
http://netfirms.com
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

•••
OK posted in Consolidated thread to let people know if they are having issues connecting to Domain.com to report in this thread

@equity78 and @Avtar629 - update if you continue to have issues.

A while back was locked out of MyDomain for like a week and finally cleared cache and deleted cookies and history to get it working again, they had done updates then also

•••
OK posted in Consolidated thread to let people know if they are having issues connecting to Domain.com to report in this thread

@equity78 and @Avtar629 - update if you continue to have issues.

A while back was locked out of MyDomain for like a week and finally cleared cache and deleted cookies and history to get it working again, they had done updates then also

wow! that's nuts! thanks Usernamex!

•••
I've noticed in the past week or so, domains registered at Netfirms are showing up in whois with "Domain.com, LLC" as the registrar, no mention of Netfirms.

Maybe they are integrating all the sister registrars into Domain.com.

•••
I've noticed in the past week or so, domains registered at Netfirms are showing up in whois with "Domain.com, LLC" as the registrar, no mention of Netfirms.

Maybe they are integrating all the sister registrars into Domain.com.

its been like this for the 2 years I'm there.

u can read my post above for more info where the mention is in whois.

cheers

•••
I did read your post above.

I meant the whois data till last week used to show the Registrar (at the top of the data) as Domain.com and Reseller as "Netfirms" for domains at Netfirms. Now it just says "Domain.com, LLC". Same for domains at MyDomain.com.

The "Registration Service Provider" data at the bottom of the whois still says Netfirms like you have posted.

•••
its been like this for the 2 years I'm there.

u can read my post above for more info where the mention is in whois.

cheers
Since you mentioned netfirms Alcy can you advise me what's cheapest transfer for my last year's $1.99 special. Or do you sell all yours before they expire ?

I've been an idiot and did not liquidate before 60 days to expiration now can't even list on NAMEJET
Going to have to renew.

So.... Lcn.com?

•••
•••
@usernamex

I'm using gwhois.org.

All my domains at Netfirms are showing up as "Registrar: Domain.com, LLC" only.

They were showing as "Registrar: Domain.com, LLC | Reseller: Netfirms" till very recently.

•••
I did read your post above.

I meant the whois data till last week used to show the Registrar (at the top of the data) as Domain.com and Reseller as "Netfirms" for domains at Netfirms. Now it just says "Domain.com, LLC". Same for domains at MyDomain.com.

The "Registration Service Provider" data at the bottom of the whois still says Netfirms like you have posted.

well.. everyone sees something different depending on what whois you use.

www.whois.com has been showing same thing for me for past 1-2 years since I am on netfirms.
as per my post above.

so no chnages for me at all. honestly, netifrms and its sis companies do not strike me as a plce that likes change or does a lot of it.. upgrades etc.. I guess their oldish ui is sign of it.

cheers
gl

•••
Since you mentioned netfirms Alcy can you advise me what's cheapest transfer for my last year's $1.99 special. Or do you sell all yours before they expire ?

I've been an idiot and did not liquidate before 60 days to expiration now can't even list on NAMEJET
Going to have to renew.

So.... Lcn.com?

there is no cheapest transfer. that was it.....1-2$ netfirms deals. they are probably gone for good.

now you just watch out for stuff like alpnames.com they werre cheapest after netfirms... 5$.
early this year I think. .... otherwise, I do not really believe in or support using obscure registrars that most never heard of or that only people who live in australia or uk or kazakhstan heard of... and all that to save 1-2$ only.. I'd rather pay the $8 and transfer to the biggest registrar around for ease of push after sales, and where most people are today.. which is godaddy... and where most domains sell at auctions too.
otherwise you realize and regret real soon after you sell something on gd auctions and can't transfer from your obscure registrar.. or pay extra or god knows what other reasons

all in all, the good part about cheap promo regs loike 1-2$ netfirms is that you keep what you think is best and drop the most and don't really lose much anyway if you do not renew or transfer them.

cheers
gl

Last edited:
•••
there is no cheapest transfer. that was it.....1-2$ netfirms deals. they are probably gone for good.

now you just watch out for stuff like alpnames.com they werre cheapest after netfirms... 5$.
early this year I think. .... otherwise, I do not really believe in or support using obscure registrars that most never heard of or that only people who live in australia or uk or kazakhstan heard of... and all that to save 1-2$ only.. I'd rather pay the $8 and transfer to the biggest registrar around for ease of push after sales, and where most people are today.. which is godaddy... and where most domains sell at auctions too.
otherwise you realize and regret real soon after you sell something on gd auctions and can't transfer from your obscure registrar.. or pay extra or god knows what other reasons

all in all, the good part about cheap promo regs loike 1-2$ netfirms is that you keep what you think is best and drop the most and don't really lose much anyway if you do not renew or transfer them.

cheers
gl

GoDaddy transfers $8???? Really?

•••
•••
I think its 8+icann fee
and u don't even need domain club for it

Hmm wonder why it wasn't given as option to me problem couple of months back by np.

I guess because godaddy after that first transfer price it goes up to $15 to renew.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back