IT.COM

Uniregistry vs Dan Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I just registered with dan.com and uploaded 500 domains.

Dan.com

I like:
- That when a client lands on my domain they can click my name and see my entire dan portfolio

I dislike:
- The bank transfer looks shady when someone from North America is asked to deposit in Europe.

Uniregistry

I like:
- The user interface and how I can communicate with clients

I dislike:
- That the marketplace does not show who the seller is when someone lands on my domain.
- That I cannot have a link to all my Uniregistry Domains to provide to an end user like at Dans.

So my obvious answer is to use both services along with Godaddy Auctions but it seems really odd to me that if someone asks to see all my uniregistry domains I cannot provide them with a link.

The big thing that has me hesitant on Dan is it is geared more to Europe and may scare an end user when asked to send a larger wire transfer to Europe. Being from Canada it is not uncommon for us to use USD and sending funds to the US but personally I could not see myself sending 25k or something to Europe for a .ca or .com domain being used in North America unless the seller was from Europe.

I think Dan needs a North American Bank to send wire transfers to as well as the Europe one.

I think Uni has the advantage there and with Uni I can even take payment in CAD for my .ca domains which is a pleasant surprise.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Glad you asked, in fact exactly like you I am so busy with so many projects and websites that Dan.com is looking very attractive.

I like that it is a complete marketplace like Efty but fully managed for a reasonable fee.

Technically if you direct your marketplace URL over to your Dans marketplace you are good to go in minutes.

I mean in the end Uniregistry has a more robust back end but with the lack of a client side marketplace it truly cannot compare to Dans. The others also cannot, the only one that kinda can is Efty, but again I would be getting into doing too much myself. I need a little break and if I can get Dan to do the work on a few hundred domains for me then I am all for it.

Still a few things on Dan, like the fact that if you turn on leasing it sets it for all domains and you cannot just pick your more expensive ones. Like I want to bother for 5 years on a 5k sale.... Yikes!!

Everything on Dan affects your entire marketplace, settings like BIN, Leasing, Buy Now, you cannot individualize it per domain, that is a growing point that still needs to happen.

Should be like the starting offer that is store wide and then can be changed per domain. That needs to happen for leasing, buy now etc as well.
You can actually set up leasing individually.
In portfolio you click lease button and you can choose 2 or 60 months depending on the domain.

•••
You can actually set up leasing individually.
In portfolio you click lease button and you can choose 2 or 60 months depending on the domain.

Ahh, yes... thank you for that

•••
I forgot to mention afternic, when I tried them they drove me nuts with emails, it seemed all day I had to update something somewhere, or someone that was not ready to purchase yet was inquiring. What the!!

I removed my domains there just to get some peace and quiet.

I’m guessing you have many domains with make offer at Afternic. I’ve got 99% domains priced, hence no emails like you’ve mentioned for obvious reasons…

Furthermore, I set Min Offer = BIN and leave Floor Price blank. Since I started with this setup ~1.5 years ago, I haven’t received a single low ball offer at Afternic.

•••
I went through all the settings on Dan and found this

Picture0026.png

I am in Canada so I had "Rest of the world" selected

That probably defaults to Europe so switched it to "USA (International wire)"

Hopefully the funds will make it to me and the client will see the funds deposited in the USA

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back