NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look at ebitcoin.com and ibitcoin.com. Yes, nothing. Not the best sign.
You know as well as I do that an undeveloped name does not = lack of value. If I were the owner of ibitcoin.com or ebitcoin.com (and Im not!) I would happily be holding that for at least high XX,XXX offers.

•••
I love domain hacks but can you mention someone who can claim .com dominance is getting down @domain invest3r

.com dominance has been going down for many years now. The growth of cctlds (notably .io and .co) points to this trend. Again, to clarify- .com is still dominant. But if you rewind 5-10 years ago, it's dominance was far stronger- who would have ever invested in cctld over .com? Investing in cctld was a big risk, as a domain investor. But it is now a viable investment. Why? Perception shifting and network effect

Now, yes .net has lost market share. But imo, it is the .com market share which is shifting the most for anything which is not A-tier.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is what happens when new gTLDs go too far in pricing domains as premium! :ROFL:

DigitalF.art
is a premium domain name available at the price of $ 150.50 *, then $ 42.00 / yr *

And no, it is not the case that any letter followed by digital has the same price tag. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
lol

bitco.in is worth min. $100K and $1M with the forum (one of the oldest Bitcoin forums).

You may be right, now that I thought about it more :). I can't say "It's really whatever the market will bear." it's more of "Whatever your ideal customer will pay". I have to remind myself from time to time, that usually my pricing opinion sometimes don't match real world results!

•••
Unless i'm mistaken, what they appear to be doing is appending emoji's to the end of an urban slang inspired hack-word (y.at) and suggesting that this has some kind of value...

In practice, then, they are selling web addresses like this: e.g. y.at/emoji1emoji2.

The fact is 'though, "Yat", as a reference, is virtually meaningless (I believe it's supposed to mean "you at"...), and emoji's are, at best, somewhat confusing.

In addition, Google will probably (effectively) ban these addresses through their Chrome browser by declaring that, on addresses that use emoji's, there's a "fake site ahead". They did this recently with symbol-based names such as €.com, etc...

To me, Y.at's offering is, to put it kindly, worthless... Y.at are, I think, the latest example of a severely over-heated NFT market, and when the dust settles on all of this madness then domain hacks will definitely get more attention.

•••
Also, they claim on their site that there is a use-case scenario (for these addresses), where you could use them as a user-friendly crypto payment address.

As far as I am aware, however, this is merely a claimed use-case on their part, and that they don't yet have relationships with wallet providers, etc.. so these addresses could actually be used to send crypto!

(Seriously 'though, who on earth is ever going to say "Pay me 22crypto via y.at/emoji" ?! You would be much better off getting a .crypto addy).

Last edited:
•••
ST0P.com

STØP.com

ST(zero)P.com

I have had this one a loooong time.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I have a couple but got my favourite today

Digitalass.et

•••
@DomainGaze.com "So, I tried finding keywords for my hacks. As expected, it is mighty hard to get any good ones as all dot coms are taken" Can you suggest any websites that alert when all new domain name extensions are planned or deployed? Cheers.

•••
Last edited:
•••
For people who see business value in the name, spending 100K isn't as outrageous as you think.

Quite so. The sum is completely outrageous, however, when the very prospect of whether or not you actually own the domain is in question. And with the lamentable/non-existent ip laws that exist in Ethiopia, this most definitely is in question...

I get it that you probably don't love hacks, some of us certainly do.

You assume incorrectly. I absolutely love domain hacks and probably have one of the top 3 portfolio's in existence for this type of domain. Fake bids, however, help no one and people need to call them out when they see them...

And I know you may think a $100K bid on "b.et" bodes well for your "n.et" domain, and that may be why you've said the things you've said to me today (?), but I really do think you must try to rise above any biased (vested) interest you may have here and comment as if you were a "dis-interested" party...

•••
If you go to toothbru.sh, you'd find a page by some Google employee posting a few nice hacks that he/they kept for their own purposes.

Correction -- It is a personal page on Google sites and not some Google employee. I never used sites.google in ages so got confused. :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
I think their is a misconception in domaining that everything has a set value. If i develop jkjkjkjkjkjkj.com into a highly profitable site i could sell it. If i buy jkjkjkjkjkjk.com and try to sell it, I wont get a penny. You have to buy on instinct, develop and go from there. Right now the LLLL.com market is huge but that doesent mean one guy will pay the same for abcd.com as the next. So keep that in mind when looking for these set prices.

•••
Any hack owner who's looking to diversify their portfolio (great hacks w/ good TLD's only), feel free to get in touch with me privately. I may be able to help.

Maybe you have too many 4L word hacks, and want to get more in to sub-set hacks?.. Or vice-versa?.. Or, perhaps you have a few incredible hacks, and want a small portfolio in exchange? Whatever the need I think I can help.

•••
what do you thing about my domain hack
Excha.ng (Exchange)

•••
I found an example of a company which actually forwards the dot com to its hack!
webmoney.com

•••
•••
•••
skybridge

Avoid names which are heavily trademarked! Especially when it is not a one-word name or commonly used keyword. While SkyBridge may appear to be a cool name, it will be hard to sell. You cannot attempt to sell it directly to people already using that name and who own the trademark. And another individual would also be wary of purchasing for the same reasons.

•••
First of all, skybridge is just a word. It's not a "special" company name or even some company(brand) model.
It's not like Mcdonalds, Coca cola, Ford or etc.
There are some domain hacks that are used aggressively (active) and 10x more trademarks than this but nothing...
I will not write down examples...
Website is not running now and I don't have any similar company specific info, similar logo or etc.
It's not misleading for anyone. So, skybridge.net, skybridge.org, skybridge.co, and etc. So, Do you think these domains are misleading for any reason?
Skybridge is a word that we use everyday and yeah there are a lot of companies in this world that use these words for their name.
Yeah, I know Domain brokers...
If you need something, DM me.

•••
Yes, you're right, skybridge is a word. Just for some reason, Merriam Webster and Oxford learner's dictionaries do not include it and I assumed it is not exactly a word but two separate words. Being a word makes it better. Anyhow, that aside, you don't have to take my advice! :xf.smile:

I just said that a number of trademarks do exist for this name and so it is harder to market such a name. I never said you cannot have the name, you can even get 'apple' and use it for another purpose. And yes a lot of trademarked names exist and not everyone has the time or interest to litigate. Furthermore, such litigation does not work until either the owner shows ads which might lead to an indirect intention to monetize from the trademarked name or, worse, directly tries to sell them the name. I did make that second bit very clear in my last message. And again that is my suggestion, you're free to sell it as you please. This is not a thread to buy or sell, but a place to discuss domain hacks and related stuff.

All the best for your names.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back