Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
M.TL (Montreal) and Insu.re are on Flippa.

I think you will make some good money on the Insu.re sale Max, and don't forget that lead411 is a great free resource for getting email-based buyer leads.

In fact, I would bet that there are literally dozens of very well-known insurance co's on that site and all of the CMO, CEO, CTO, (etc..) contact data will likely be listed for each of them.

Good luck with the sale anyway...

•••
Hey guys, some awesome domains on here!

I've got a few I'd like to sell just to be able to buy a more personal one...

MID.ST
CHARLI.ES
ANTICHRI.ST
HIERAR.CH

What sort of value are we talking with these?

•••
Just wanted to let you guys know you can now search domain hacks on NameBio. Just select Other as the category and then Domain Hacks as the subcategory. You can combine it with other fields, for example the extension filter to just find hacks in a particular TLD.

More info here, along with some data on the most popular TLDs for domain hacks, average prices, etc:
https://namebio.com/blog/new-feature-search-domain-hacks/

Happy hacking :)

•••
thanks Michael , nice little post . domain hacks are truly unique , one of a kind items in the domain world

•••
•••
•••
another good sale of domain hack for $4,000

Magaz.in was sold for $4,000

Just registered 2 .ma's via dotmaroc.ma.

Barack-Oba.ma

PresidentOba.ma

Unfortunately oba.ma was taken, but that is life.
lol , those two hacks are about as worthless as Obama was as president .

Last edited:
•••
Hi, I don't believe there is much value in either i'm afraid as, generally speaking, both names make use of very poor English. That said, cure.rs, does have a little potential for the meat industry, as a site that somehow deals in "cured" meats, etc...

When looking at a "hack" it's vitally important to look at 3 primary areas:

1. Does the domain aspect (to the left of the dot) stand on it's own and can it be referred to verbally?

For example, game.rs is a great hack because "game" is a fully-fledged word in it's own right, and so verbally the hack is simply stated as "game dot rs". In the case of your lone.rs name, however, you would need to spell out every letter verbally because most people would get confused with the more popular word "loan" instead.

The exception to the above is if the hack is so good that it doesn't matter so much about whether it passes the fabled "radio test", and you simply believe it will succeed regardless, e.g. doma.in (not mine, just an example).

Of course, this is where the majority of hacks occur/exist so it is perhaps not surprising that "hack discussion" inevitably keeps going back to the "radio test" conversation. I'm not sure this matters as much now 'though, as we now live in a world where presidents are tweeting what they're doing next and when did you last listen to the radio or hear someone tell you a domain verbally anyway?!..

Staying on that subject just a moment longer, it's important to realise that many ".com" names don't pass the radio test either! :)

2. Is the hack commercially strong?

A gaming hack, for example, may be strong because games are a subject area that is enjoyed by many people and the opportunities to make money there are very great indeed. Curing meat, or loneliness 'though, are not great subject areas and there isn't a lot of money in them or indeed opportunities to profit, therefore a "hack" that underpins these subject areas won't be worth very much.

3. Is the ccTLD/gTLD any good?

In the case of ccTLD's, you really need to ask the question whether the jurisdiction, or country that represents the TLD, is sound. For example, n.et is an unbelievable hack but would you really want to own a hack that is governed by Ethiopia?!.. No disrespect at all to the country, I am sure it is very beautiful there, but they don't have any infrastructure to speak of or even laws for that matter, so the domain could be taken from you at any moment and you wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.

As for gTLD's, you simply need to assess whether the company that is offering them is stable and secure.
definitely things to consider when someone is thinking of acquiring hacks for personal projects or looking to flip .

•••
Guys, pls let me know if these domain hacks are worthless or some worth atlst!

Gerent.es - meaning managers
Apuestasreal.es - real bets
Apuestasvirtual.es - virtual bets
Cradl.es
Feminin.es
Appraise.es
Solartil.es
Ransomwar.es

I for one am unable to understand if I'm a dud or genius to hand regg the above ones. Should I just consider them a beginner's mistake and move on or do some rigorous cold outbound campaigns?

Cheers

•••
Not bad for hand reg. keep it up.. sell some if u can find buyers

•••
•••
Cuz she's the only thing worth looking at at Flippa... double at at??

List a couple of the names on flippa and see if they sell..u might catch lighting in a bottle..maybe Cradles and Ransomewares

•••
Cuz she's the only thing worth looking at at Flippa... double at at??

List a couple of the names on flippa and see if they sell..u might catch lighting in a bottle..maybe Cradles and Ransomewares

Haha well said, and you very well know, I wudn be able to sell even well shone diamond as a newbie there! Nonetheless, they are all listed on leading marketplaces. I'm just wondering if that magical 2 month period for new regs is the stumbling block that may put off any prospective buyers!

Cheers

•••
B.ag will be auctioned during the Domaining Europe Auction, May 5-26, 2017.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I just came up with PremierLeague.international - a very long shot but I like the sound of it :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Startu.ps is a premium public auction at Flippa.

•••
Text on SMS will send some new extensions as links without the http://
Full stops and no spaces may also send accidental links
If the browsers do the same the value will greatly rise.

•••
A few days left to bid on the hack of all hacks Insu.re on auction at Domaining Europe.

•••
Just 4 days left to bid on B.AG domain hack as well @ Domaining Europe auction.

Current bid is $2,000.

The auction winner can pay in 6-12 monthly installments if he likes (at no extra charge).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back