Domain Empire

news Vegas.com sells for $240 million.

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
For $240m you can build your own Vegas in real life.

•••
The transaction is structured to include $151.2 million in cash coupled with $88.8 million in Class-A common stock of Vivid Seats.

•••
It should be noted that this purchase is mostly about the Vegas.com's business, not the domain name itself.

•••
It should be noted that this purchase is mostly about the Vegas.com's business, not the domain name itself.

So they acquired the whole company, product and the domain name as a complete package?

•••
it should be mandatory to add that info as the domain price if for sure less than the whole deal.

•••
•••
it should be mandatory to add that info as the domain price if for sure less than the whole deal.
It's kinda obvious that any highly successful company that is operational and has been for years, is not going to just sell their namesake domain only and keep the business and website content. (Well at least obvious to most. :xf.rolleyes: )

•••
151 Million and a bunch of stock.. Sounds pretty good to me! Great name and a great sale. Hopefully the stock doesn't go to $0

•••
Oh, I was go8ng to say....
This has to be the highest domain sale yet

But if it's actually the business they bought.... nothing to see here

•••
This has to be the highest domain sale yet
"It was announced on August 8, 2016, that Walmart would acquire Jet.com for $3.3 billion (~$3.69 billion in 2021) ($3 billion in cash and up to $300 million in stock paid out over time to the founders and other selected individuals at the company)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet.com

To be fair, this was also a company.

Last edited:
•••
•••
what do you think the price of domain alone is? I still would say a pretty penny. Congrats to the buyer and seller. :)

•••
what do you think the price of domain alone is? I still would say a pretty penny. Congrats to the buyer and seller. :)

Good question.

My guess is that the domain itself should be worth in 2.5M - 8.5M range. The median price would be something like 5.5M. However it can go up to 20M or can be as low as 500K. Domain market is one of the less liquid markets. 40x difference between the highest and lowest possible prices is not unusual in illiquid markets. Its lowest price would be 500K under the worst scenario, 5.5M under normal external conditions, 20M under the best external conditions. As we are not under normal external conditions for the bad economy, today its price should be around 1M under normal internal conditions, aka, under normal financial conditions of the seller and potential buyers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back