domains TheDeeply.com sells for $75K Net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Alex Verdea posted that with Rick Schwartz in his corner he sold TheDeeply.com for $75,000 Net. One point Alex made in his tweet was for people to turn off their whois privacy.Congrats to Alex on a great domain name sale.https://twitter.com/AlexVerdea/status/1774787047355498932 … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the goal is to launder money, I am not sure why you would report a sale.

All that would do is give it extra attention and scrutiny.

Income via domains is the same as income via other sources. If you don't report it, the tax man might take notice.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If the goal is to launder money, I am not sure why you would report a sale.

All that would do is give it extra attention and scrutiny.

Income via domains is the same as income via other sources. If you don't report it, the tax man might take notice.

Brad
I never said that exactly this sale was money laundering.
But a lot of domains are bought and sold for money laundering.
But personally I don't think this and many other deals were fair.

Last edited:
•••
@maya-zir It all comes across as jealousy. Can you provide evidence for what you claim? Especially that it happens on a large scale.

•••
I never said that exactly this sale was money laundering.
But a lot of domains are bought and sold for money laundering.
But personally I don't think this and many other deals were fair.
It is certainly a lot easier to play games when it comes to things with subjective value.

At the same time, when you have one of a kind assets the price is basically determined by the buyer, seller, budget, and motivation. There are many legitimate head scratching sales when all the stars align.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
TheDeep.ly is available to be hand registered

•••
@maya-zir It all comes across as jealousy. Can you provide evidence for what you claim? Especially that it happens on a large scale.
I'm not jealous, I was just commenting and making a reasonable point about money laundering. Your reaction simply shows your dependence on worshiping some idol.
This is the slavish nature of an insecure individual.

•••
I'm not jealous, I was just commenting and making a reasonable point about money laundering. Your reaction simply shows your dependence on worshiping some idol.
This is the slavish nature of an insecure individual.
You have a lot of frustrations.

•••
It is certainly a lot easier to play games when it comes to things with subjective value.

At the same time, when you have one of a kind assets the price is basically determined by the buyer, seller, budget, and motivation. There are many legitimate head scratching sales when all the stars align.

Brad
Yes, there are plenty of legitimate eye-popping sales out there, but not all of them are honest. And you will never be able to deny or confirm that the deal is fair.

•••
•••
Yes, there are plenty of legitimate eye-popping sales out there, but not all of them are honest. And you will never be able to deny or confirm that the deal is fair.
I don't really care about this sale either way. It has no impact on me.

I play the odds. It's hard to build a business chasing outlier sales.

Brad

•••
I don't really care about this sale either way. It has no impact on me.

I play the odds. It's hard to build a business chasing outlier sales.

Brad
Read the thread.
I commented on the post.
Personally I don't care who sold and bought something and what was the reason.

•••
•••
•••
•••
There is no place for conspiracy theories in this thread

I'm with you on the needing evidence argument, but let's be honest, this thread is primed for conspiracy theories.

Thread make-up:

• Waited until April 1st to report the sale.
  • Hand Reg sells for $75k
  • The Domain Seller sells a $49 book on TheDomainInvestingPlaybook.com
I've been waiting for this to be revealed as an April Fools jokes. Especially, since this just followed the faked reported sale of NowHiring.ai. But no joke has been deeply revealed yet.

So if this isn't an April Fools joke, I'm left to wonder how valuable is that $49 book, and have I been domaining the wrong way?

Per Ricks comment on TheDomains.com:

The lesson for all to know is don’t be quick to give a price. And if you do give a price, make sure you have it in your mind that you’re talking to a company like Amazon and quote accordingly.

If you fish for whales, you will catch whales. If you fish for minnows, you will catch

I recently sold GiggleAcademy.com for apprx $4k BIN to (I think) CZ who has an estimated worth of $33 billion. I rely on brandbucket for most of my pricing, but had I relied on Rick, I do wonder what could have been...

Last edited:
•••
I'm with you on the needing evidence argument, but let's be honest, this thread is primed for conspiracy theories.

Thread make-up:

I've been waiting for this to be revealed as an April Fools jokes. Especially, since this just followed the
fake sale of NowHiring.ai. But no joke has been deeply revealed yet.

So if this isn't an April Fools joke, I'm left to wonder how valuable is that $49 book, and have I been domaining the wrong way?

Per Ricks comment on TheDomains.com:

I recently sold GiggleAcademy.com for apprx $4k BIN to (I think) CZ who has an estimated worth of $33 billion. I rely on brandbucket for most of my pricing, but had I relied on Rick, I do wonder what could have been...
GiggleAcademy.com for $4K smells like someone looking to launder. hahahah

Kidding you Chris. Congrats on the sale.

Last edited:
•••
@Chris Hydrick Good point about April Fool's Day. If it is indeed such a joke, however, it does not fall under money laundering :ROFL:

•••
@Chris Hydrick Good point about April Fool's Day. If it is indeed such a joke, however, it does not fall under money laundering :ROFL:
And he would be signing the Death Warrant to his career in this business as well.

Then Rick would unleash a hell on him like he never saw after bringing his name into the deal.

Last edited:
•••
I see you also have self-proclaimed idols.
Of course there are and have been sales based on money laundering.
But I think the point here was that if you come on a thread about a specific sale and say : “there are money laundering sales “ , it’s kinda obvious that someone reading it could think it was related to THIS sale.
That’s all
No need to be judging people or their idols man.

•••
I agree with some people, suspect recent and older sales, was thinking to create a topic focusing on investigating them and showing also that some sales are weirdly connected with movies I watch and games I play, chats I do even verbal ones, it's not the first time.
Please provide Live videos of your sales so we will see all evidence in real time!
Most interesting part is "turn off your WHOIS privacy" yeah sure I will reveal my secret domains to you, go grow potatoes or play Plants vs Zombies games.
The website has a link with /lander and input a password, where is the developed website (?), we already know that Godaddy fake sales are parked domains to boost their traffic and get more attention hopping they indeed will sell.
IMO
P.s. my (tors,io) domain sold for 3usd at Sav auction, congratulations domaining is alive.

Last edited:
•••

Probably 😂

It’s not an April fools joke.

I know Alex a little, I paid for a consulting call with him early on in my career… he learned from Mike Mann and last I heard he has tens of thousands of names.

The book is well worth the price and judging by most of the names I see posted for sale here there are a LOT of people that could benefit from it.

•••
All these years and I still don't get how some of these domains sell.

•••
I notice this domain's current registration was made late in December last year, and the matching.org and .net were registered in February this year, both at the same time (same registrant, for sure) . There seems to be a real scope for the purchase. Excuse me if this is obvious, but "Deep" keyword being so significant in cutting-edge tech, perhaps we'll soon see something unfold.

•••
Of course there are and have been sales based on money laundering.
But I think the point here was that if you come on a thread about a specific sale and say : “there are money laundering sales “ , it’s kinda obvious that someone reading it could think it was related to THIS sale.
That’s all
No need to be judging people or their idols man.
1. I never said I meant exactly this sale.
2. This sale is weird, this domain can't be worth 75k.
3. The rest is your conclusion.

•••
Top 10 Reported The Keyword .com sales of all time

themortgage.com500,000 USD2000-05-01Private
thedeeply.com75,000 USD2024-04-01Private
thecompany.com60,000 USD2021-01-31GoDaddy
thestores.com50,000 USD2015-06-07MostWantedDomains
therake.com42,000 USD2015-09-06MostWantedDomains
thecrown.com40,000 USD2011-06-09Sedo
thekingdom.com39,999 USD2021-12-21NameMarket.com
thespear.com39,900 USD2024-02-21DomainMarket.com
theride.com38,187 USD2023-06-26Sedo
thecompany.com37,500 USD2013-06-03Afternic
Oh, wow, these all seem like terrible names to me. Shows what I know 🤣

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back