IT.COM

sales VT.com Acquired By Valuetainment.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice, this guy is pretty cool.

•••
I'm glad for him to be proud; on the few interviews I've seen, he seems competent.

To play devil's advocate, however... Other than annoying the State of Vermont, is there any downside to this? Is there such a thing as too short of a domain name. While long, and some may drop the e, Valuetainment is a knowable brand. VT is barely an acronym, since the original is styled as one word. Sure they can advertise it and make it known, but it doesn't mean relate by itself. Yes, it probably has backlinks, but they are often corrected and could drop off over time; I doubt the backlinks are worth millions -- particularly when Valuetainment.com probably had plenty of its own.

•••
I'm glad for him to be proud; on the few interviews I've seen, he seems competent.

To play devil's advocate, however... Other than annoying the State of Vermont, is there any downside to this? Is there such a thing as too short of a domain name. While long, and some may drop the e, Valuetainment is a knowable brand. VT is barely an acronym, since the original is styled as one word. Sure they can advertise it and make it known, but it doesn't mean relate by itself. Yes, it probably has backlinks, but they are often corrected and could drop off over time; I doubt the backlinks are worth millions -- particularly when Valuetainment.com probably had plenty of its own.
I think VT could serve as a re-brand. It's a lot more memorable than Valuetainment. It also saves a lot of money in terms of marketing.

Last edited:
•••
Good for them. That's a huge upgrade.

•••
While long, and some may drop the e, Valuetainment is a knowable brand. VT is barely an acronym, since the original is styled as one word.
I never heard of it and without prior knowledge or recognition I can say that it's a terrible name, absolute bottom-of-the-barrel branding. There are few domains that would serve as a downgrade to this monstrosity.

•••
This guy sucks, complete grifter / scammy MLM freak based on everything I've seen from him (which is far too much). Super disingenuous, but he knows the slop that his audience craves. The less attention these guru weirdos get, the better. Great name tho. Huge upgrade!

Edit just to clarify a bit, I don't care about ideology, it's about dishonesty / being a massive shameless cloutshark / this guy would take your mother's last $10. Total used car salesman vibes, if you know you know.

Last edited:
•••
VT can mean "Video Tape". A nice play on their existing name, especially considering it's a big YT creator.

Edit just to clarify a bit, I don't care about ideology, it's about dishonesty / being a massive shameless cloutshark / this guy would take your mother's last $10. Total used car salesman vibes, if you know you know.
yeah but why are you telling us, we're trying to talk domains

Last edited:
•••
This guy sucks, complete grifter / scammy MLM freak based on everything I've seen from him (which is far too much). Super disingenuous, but he knows the slop that his audience craves. The less attention these guru weirdos get, the better. Great name tho. Huge upgrade!

Yup. He did an interview with Andrew Tate once (whom is facing serious charges for sex trafficking). So he platforms traffickers, and he did a stupid tweet offering Tucker Carlson $100 million (which he obviously does not have).

I never heard of it and without prior knowledge or recognition I can say that it's a terrible name, absolute bottom-of-the-barrel branding. There are few domains that would serve as a downgrade to this monstrosity.
Agreed, valuetainment is one of the worst names I’ve ever heard. He probably thought it was so witty and creative when he made it. And the logo looks like a clip art lion lmao.

1694151350636.jpeg

The name and logo tells you nothing about the company or brand and what kind of content they make. I’ve watched a few videos and I still don’t get their brand. They had Andrew Tate, and also had business men on there, and Kobe. I think it’s business and sometimes male advice? Idk.

I personally don’t think VT.com is worth $2.5 million. I have a theory he actually leasing the domain and didn’t buy it, because this guy constantly lies. There have been a plethora of better domains sold for much less. 2 characters doesn’t mean much when it’s not 1 word and the letters aren’t the best. Just 2 random letters. I get how VT could be valuable to a company, but I don’t think if VT when I hear valuetainment. I think of Virginia tech. Can’t wait to see how this disaster plays out

Agreed with this.

a good comparison - when Facebook bought fb.com for $12.5million. But Facebook brand is so massive they needed that domain. Valuetainment is a weak brand and does not need VT. They could have just changed to any other name and got Better value for their money, ironically lmao.

Last edited:
•••
Woops. U can delete this post

Last edited:
•••
Cry harder. And no I don't like Tate, but I also don't like people that go around trying to be all high and mighty about someone having a chat on a video with someone.

Drawing conclusions about someone based upon whether they "platform" someone, or otherwise lending your (albeit tiny) contribution to trying to indicate you want to prevent discourse based on parroting some guff from the general media is pretty short sighted and dumb. Don't read "the news" if you want honesty. I don't know what is or isn't true about about the guy, but I won't be using that to draw my conclusions.

I drew my conclusion that I thought Tate was an arse when he said he leaves his car parked here in the UK where he shouldn't and lets it just be plastered in parking tickets. I HATE that, it just shows how selfish he is and tbh I think he has it coming - but I still don't think I can draw an conclusion about VT based on it or encourage others to do so either. It's just wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Nice sale, congrats to all parties.

•••
Cry harder. And no I don't like Tate, but I also don't like people that go around trying to be all high and mighty about someone having a chat on a video with someone.
Video chatting with some guy who traficked women and forced them to do work? Tate also said he moved to Romania “because the laws were relaxed.” But sure, tell me more about how it’s perfectly normal and ok to have a chat with someone like this.

anyways the point was Patrick is a bad person for platforming him on “VT”, just like he’s terrible for trying to get tucker on “VT”. Patrick wants valuetainment to be yet another far-right misogynistic grift website, and I don’t stand for it.

My other point is that Patrick is investing heavily into domain names just to market interviews with traffickers of women, and misinformation propaganda pushers.

Last edited:
•••
Laughable. No, he isn't a "bad person" for talking to someone. What planet are you on.

This modern holier than thou complex is ridiculous.

Also, the guy is awaiting trial. Is VT on trial? No. Second, you should always let justice run its course before joining in with the chorus of other people - that's where the real grift is.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back