IT.COM

discuss Want to chat to experienced domainers !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

skhanm61

Established Member
Impact
Hey there i want to really chat to some experts on here as im looking to get into this field but i want to kind of buy and sell domains each day but been told it takes alot of patience .

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're in the right place. Welcome. Plenty of reading to keep you busy for a while here.

•••
i set up webmaster.chat a moment ago.

•••
It takes more than patience. You can be the most patient person in the world and never accomplish anything. It takes insight, research, knowledge of markets, brand and marketing skills, sales experience, etc.

The patience part, applies to understanding that you will not be an overnight success. It took me 15+ years of domain and web development before I was confident in my domain investing abilities.

My advice to anyone new to domaining is to buy 1 really good domain to start. Don't hand register, don't acquire large amounts of domains. Focus on a single domain that you can get below market value, that has end users, and it will only cost you $10 per year to keep. If you can't sell a valuable domain then you won't sell a cheap/hand registered one.

Welcome and good luck!

•••
it takes alot of patience .
Yes, Patience, Patience, and more Patience, and I mean YEARS not weeks or months, so the time could be your Enemy or your Friend, its up to you and your Patience...

•••
My advice to anyone new to domaining is to buy 1 really good domain to start.
That's a good advice. But how does a new domainer know if a domain is really good? ;) It's still difficult without having the experience.

Last edited:
•••
That's a good advice. But how does a new domainer know when a domain is really good? ;) It's still difficult without having the experience.

If you don't know then don't buy :)

Lots of resources and info on these forums. Can't really be summed up in one sentence.

But the short answer is a good domain is one that people actually want and are willing to pay for.

If you are unsure, then it's probably not a good domain.

•••
If you don't know then don't buy :)

Lots of resources and info on these forums. Can't really be summed up in one sentence.

But the short answer is a good domain is one that people actually want and are willing to pay for.

If you are unsure, then it's probably not a good domain.
All true :) Unfortunately, there are always newcomers who confidently register the most awful domains. Some of them grow and learn, others never will make progress.

Last edited:
•••
It takes more than patience. You can be the most patient person in the world and never accomplish anything. It takes insight, research, knowledge of markets, brand and marketing skills, sales experience, etc.

The patience part, applies to understanding that you will not be an overnight success. It took me 15+ years of domain and web development before I was confident in my domain investing abilities.

My advice to anyone new to domaining is to buy 1 really good domain to start. Don't hand register, don't acquire large amounts of domains. Focus on a single domain that you can get below market value, that has end users, and it will only cost you $10 per year to keep. If you can't sell a valuable domain then you won't sell a cheap/hand registered one.

Welcome and good luck!
Hi Enterscope,

would you recommend a minimum domain valuation (Godaddy? Estibot? to buy if you want to resell it later? I know there are lots of variables to buy a good domain, but in terms of valuation, what to you recommend?

•••
Hi Enterscope,

would you recommend a minimum domain valuation (Godaddy? Estibot? to buy if you want to resell it later? I know there are lots of variables to buy a good domain, but in terms of valuation, what to you recommend?

As a beginner, I'd stick to $3000+ and try to find a good .com with 8+ extensions but there's definitely more to it than that. It needs to make sense and be in a profitable niche. Some industries don't care for domains much.

•••
I got it! I've been learning for the past months about being a domainer and trying different strategies to find a good domain. Now I have some interesting domains to buy in auction but still have some doubts.

Example: .com domain, +3.4k value at Goddaddy, less than a year-old domain, 2 nice KW. Any other important variable to check? Interesting to buy by 30$ to re-sell it?

BR

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back