IT.COM

Message to Newbies - Domaining is DEAD!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Clover

Find your luckTop Member
Impact
Just a heads up for anyone interested in buying and selling domains. You're better off learning something else. The domain industry just isn't there anymore. Everyone has the good domains already and they want top dollar for them.

The only thing that would get me a little excited is if there was a GOOD new extension about to drop with affordable prices and if you can get access to registering one the hour they are available to, or if you could get one from a reseller for dirt cheap.

I see all these crappy domains in the appraisal section and just sigh, or see people's huge list of wasted money and think "damn, they're stuck renewing them sh!ts even though we all know darn well they'll never sell".
It's DELUSION.

We are in an amazing time right now, you can make money many other ways online, just find one that suits you. Domaining isn't one of them, if you are new.

Learning AI is where the future is, companies will pay you to figure out a ChatGPT prompt that helps them organize data, amongst many other things. You can use AI to bulk produce Youtube videos. You can use it to make creative picture to sell. You can use it to scan real items and sell the structural design to 3D printer users. These are just a few things, just Google "How to make money with AI". You can even use it to create websites easily.

You could get an online telephone support job.
Day trade.
Stocks are even better than this crap.

Invest in yourself and learn.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a heads up for anyone interested in buying and selling domains. You're better off learning something else. The domain industry just isn't there anymore. Everyone has the good domains already and they want top dollar for them.

The only thing that would get me a little excited is if there was a GOOD new extension about to drop with affordable prices and if you can get access to registering one the hour they are available to, or if you could get one from a reseller for dirt cheap.

I see all these crappy domains in the appraisal section and just sigh, or see people's huge list of wasted money and think "damn, they're stuck renewing them sh!ts even though we all know darn well they'll never sell".
It's DELUSION.

We are in an amazing time right now, you can make money many other ways online, just find one that suits you. Domaining isn't one of them, if you are new.

Learning AI is where the future is, companies will pay you to figure out a ChatGPT prompt that helps them organize data, amongst many other things. You can use AI to bulk produce Youtube videos. You can use it to make creative picture to sell. You can use it to scan real items and sell the structural design to 3D printer users. These are just a few things, just Google "How to make money with AI". You can even use it to create websites easily.

You could get an online telephone support job.
Day trade.
Stocks are even better than this crap.

Invest in yourself and learn.
Why you discouraging to newbies like me?
IN my 3 month experience says domain business and realestate both are the same.
Physical realestate
Digital realestate

•••
There's a market for literally anything, that doesn't mean it's good to get into.
Might as well get into selling old dolls you find in dumpsters with that kind of look, surely you can clean it up and sell it to an antique shop. There ya go.
Likewise, there will be people that are not good a jumping dumpsters.

•••
DOMAINING IS NOT DEAD!
The web is a perpetual domaining money machine for whatever emerges.

We all know the old domainer business model is virtually dead.

There is much more to Domaining than the old Naming Name Trade.
We are in an amazing time right now, you can make money many ways online...

•••
DOMAINING IS NOT DEAD!
The web is a perpetual domaining money machine for whatever emerges.

We all know the old domainer business model is virtually dead.

There is much more to Domaining than the old Naming Name Trade.
It definitely isn't something for new people to get into, and it for sure isn't how it once was.
I do like how you quoted that last part along with your message. There are some advantages at play, but imo "domain" in and of itself is not really there anymore, people may get lucky here and there but it's not really something to have as a sole source of income, or even close.

•••
It definitely isn't something for new people to get into, and it for sure isn't how it once was.
I do like how you quoted that last part along with your message. There are some advantages at play, but imo "domain" in and of itself is not really there anymore, people may get lucky here and there but it's not really something to have as a sole source of income, or even close.
In the grand scheme, it's no different than any other investment vehicle. You get out what you put into it.

If you're not passionate about learning how to sell domains, and not willing to put in the hours, it's probably not for you.

•••
I personally think you're right. The environment is constantly changing. What used to be profitable may not necessarily be so now. I know someone who registered a large number of domain names 20 years ago and made money from them. They kept reinvesting, but in recent years, they've accumulated many domain names that are difficult to sell. Of course, there are also some high-quality ones being sold, and people inquire about them, but they tend to offer lower prices. Some prices are even lower than the purchase price. So, they have no choice but to continue accumulating and wait for a better market environment to sell them off someday.

•••
You're not wrong.

If you're 2dumb to research domaining
, Then yes please do work for telephone customer support.

And you're right, all the ultra domains are going to be taken or need a high bankroll.

But then again, someone registered ordinal domains for $8 and sold them for $5k last year, so.

•••
Do you saw recently LLL drops on DC? Some companies don't give a reg fee for LLL com
So domains are not liquid anymore.

WWW3 coming soon between Russia and Nato. Better to build a bunker on bora bora and buy foods and batteries

Bunker.xyz not sold for $50,000 yet?

•••
Do you saw recently LLL drops on DC? Some companies don't give a reg fee for LLL com
So domains are not liquid anymore.

WWW3 coming soon between Russia and Nato. Better to build a bunker on bora bora and buy foods and batteries

Bunker.xyz not sold for $50,000 yet?

LLL dot coms dropping because end users forgot about them is something that happens every now and then, nothing unusual.

WW3 is not coming, the Ukraine war is a regional conflict and Russia has a hard enough time projecting strength with a neighboring country.

You've been watching too many doomsday preppers :)

•••
I personally think you're right. The environment is constantly changing. What used to be profitable may not necessarily be so now. I know someone who registered a large number of domain names 20 years ago and made money from them. They kept reinvesting, but in recent years, they've accumulated many domain names that are difficult to sell. Of course, there are also some high-quality ones being sold, and people inquire about them, but they tend to offer lower prices. Some prices are even lower than the purchase price. So, they have no choice but to continue accumulating and wait for a better market environment to sell them off someday.

This makes no sense. If it is not profitable, why then they don't have choice but to continue accumulating? The logical course would have been culling the non-profitable portion and keeping the profitable ones and stop adding if they don't know how to make it profitable.

•••
Domaining dead or domain forums dead?
Time is money and value is needed

•••
This makes no sense. If it is not profitable, why then they don't have choice but to continue accumulating? The logical course would have been culling the non-profitable portion and keeping the profitable ones and stop adding if they don't know how to make it profitable.
Because they are still making profit, right?

•••
•••
domains ain't dead it's just that sales became 40% of what they used to be few yrs back...and this for 70% people.

•••
domains ain't dead it's just that sales became 40% of what they used to be few yrs back...and this for 70% people.
Nice stats @alcy.

Did you know that 3.14% of sailors are Pi-rates?

•••
•••
I thought domaining was dead till last night that I had two sales on the same day for $3.500!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back