Dynadot

question-answered What Happened to NP$

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We were not given the opportunity to cash out our NP$ credits or receive any kind of compensation. Did they just disapear during the upgrade?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many features, both old and new, are in progress. We're prioritizing them based on demand.

cash out our NP$ credits
A cash out option did not exist; there was only an option to transfer them to other members.

The free market decided that NP$ were worthless years ago, long before anyone currently associated with NamePros was here (and even before Bodis’ time in 2012). Cryptocurrency essentially deprecated them.

For them to have any value at all, NamePros would have to come up with something spectacular, such as a completely different use for them (NFT’s?).

But never say never! 🀞

•••
A cash out option did not exist; there was only an option to transfer them to other members.

There should have been a notice before users had their NP$ removed from their account without notice.

Is NP$ still a variable/value in the database associated to each user after the upgrade?

•••
Was the NP$ variable in the database saved during the upgrade, or was it completely lost?

•••
Was the NP$ variable in the database saved during the upgrade, or was it completely lost?
I agree. I want my NP$ back!

Brad

•••
I agree. I want my NP$ back!

Brad

Although it was years ago, many of use paid real money, traded services and domains for NP$...and then out of nowhere they are gone without notice.

Last edited:
•••
There should have been a notice before users had their NP$ removed from their account without notice.
It wasn’t removed; it’s never existed on the new forum software, and it hasn’t been added back yet, just like several other features. Previous features are being prioritized based on demand; this feature had zero demand and practically no utility to anyone, anymore.

A notice would have served no purpose. Zero people were using it and there was nothing else you could do with it. It was essentially a historical number and nothing more.

Adding it back isn’t going to change any of that, so you’re not missing out on anything until it’s added back.

•••
It wasn’t removed; it’s never existed on the new forum software, and it hasn’t been added back yet, just like several other features. Previous features are being prioritized based on demand; this feature had zero demand and practically no utility to anyone, anymore.

A notice would have served no purpose. Zero people were using it and there was nothing else you could do with it. It was essentially a historical number and nothing more.

Adding it back isn’t going to change any of that, so you’re not missing out on anything until it’s added back.
I was using it all the time, and I paid LOTS of REAL USD for NP$. I had one of the largest NP$ accounts.

If a solution for former NP$ holders is not put in place then I will have been completely ripped off.

•••
Holla for my NP$ ! Give it back! Come on now are we in the 90s for feature implementations or is this 2022??

I too was saving my NP$ for whatever or whatever uselessness could come but that was my uselessness to decide for. I did a couple trades for my NP$ so would appreciate that it was all for naught.

Don't forget there was options for use for our NP$ such as changing usernames, so there was value. And members trading NP$ amongst themselves shows demand.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back