IT.COM

What is the best domain backorder company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

papaformigas

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I want to snap a pending delete domain name that is currently under Godaddy ownership.

I have bought a backorder from Godaddy for that domain but...

Is Godaddy good in capturing deleted domain names as they drop?? I have read a lot of comments and reviews about this and have serious doubts if i made the right move buying the backorder from Godaddy?

So what is the best backorder company that I can be at least 95% sure of succsess?

Can I buy another backorder from another company for the same domain name in order to have more chances of grab that domain name as it drops?

What do you think guys?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you really need the domain, placing a backorder with multiple companies is better. Two of the most competitive dropcatching companies these days are dropcatch.com and snapnames.com. Dropcatch.com do public auctions though, so if anyone else besides you backorders the domain, and dropcatch.com gets it, it will go to a public auctions that anyone can join. If snapnames gets it, only people who placed a backorder will be able to bid in the auction.

•••
Is this true: if a domainname isunder Godaddy administration Gidaddy will get it through the backorder service and not the other companies?

One time i backorder a domain in Namejet.com but in the end the domain appearedselling for $1799 in Hugesomains.com!!

So i beleive these are the big players:

- Godaddy.com ($24,90)
- Namejet.com ($39)
- Snapnames.com ($69)
- Dripcatch.com ($19)
- Pheenix.com ($29)

So if i invest $180 ( one backorder in each of ghese services) i will guarantee the domain at 99%??

Another question is can these services themselfs comptete with their own backorder for the domain i want??

•••
•••
If the name is in GD I believe godadday has a higher chance to get it for you. Usually I use dropcatch and namejet, I always looks at registrars and if they provide backorder service I try to place with them too.

•••
So do you think is necessary for me to buy other backorder services from other companies other than GD??

•••
Depends on how much you want the name. You can place the order and see which company gets it, most companies ask for payment only after they get the name, so no problem in trying.

•••
non, seems like luck so far. I've tried all of them and can't say which one usually works due to always having a different one catching a domain I want

•••
Here are the results of my domain backorder saga:

I have paid Godaddy for the backorder but after knowing that they would grab the domain and put it on public auction made me retract from the backorder. I removed the domain from the backorder. I called Godaddy support and they told me that they would grab the domain and not award it to me but they would put in on public auction for 3 days!! Thats so unfair.. I pay the backorder and then they put the domain for anyone to grab it.. no for me thats completely ilegal and ICANN should know these Godaddy moves...

So, then I signed up with Snapnames and backorder the same name there for $69. I did it also in Pheenix for $29 and in Pool for $60.

At the time of the drop I tried even to pay $39 in Namejet but their process is very complicated and I lost the time to bid. Oh well i didnt cry because i had made the backorder in those three backorder services.

After some hours I received one email from Snapnames saying that I had won the domain name!

It very time consuming and lots of uncertain moments as these companies dont show much info during the drop process...

Snapnames charged me $60 plus $3 in preauthorisation credit card.
Pheenix charged me $29 but still dont know if they will ever give these money back to me..
Poll charged $60 from my credit card. In my credit card bill it shows up that they charged the card. I wrote them for a refund and someone from them said that the bank will cancel it... i am waiting to see what will happen...

•••
Congrats. The auction process is same with all the auction houses, they will place the name in 3 day auction, if there are more than one bidder. If you are the single bidder which I think its you got the name through snapnames. If there were more bidders snapnames would have taken up the name for auction.

•••
If it's a popular name (You can check namejet if there is anyone else already made back order for the name) . I will only back order on Namejet.com and Snapnames.com because those two run private auctions and others don't.
If it seems I am the only one who is interested in this name. I will try to back order it on Namejet.com, Snapnames.com, Dropcatch.com and Pheenix.com in last one minute. Except GoDaddy. On GoDaddy even I am the only one who back order it. It will still go through auction.....

•••
If the name is in GD I believe godadday has a higher chance to get it for you. Usually I use dropcatch and namejet, I always looks at registrars and if they provide backorder service I try to place with them too.
Godaddy is very bad x10000

•••
Here you can find a list of a backorder companies which are know to doing the best job:

expireddomains.net/article/howto-backorder-expired-domains-15102.html

•••
Snapnames is probably the best but expensive. I’ve won names through DynaDot back order too much less expensive but most likely less firepower than SN.

If you really want a name you need to place multiple back orders with more than one service. Some like GDiddy charge you just to try (but, you may switch the order to another name after failure), others like SnapNames or DD only if they succeed.

I’ve won back orders with all three of the above mentioned and I’ve also lost back orders with all three.

Last edited:
•••
1. Snapname, Namejet and Dropcatch are almost same with same firepower
2. Dynadot
3. Your own script
4. Godaddy

•••
1. Snapname, Namejet and Dropcatch are almost same with same firepower
2. Dynadot
3. Your own script
4. Godaddy
own script?

•••
Does anybody know if Snapname prioritize the date you ordered a backorder with them?

i mean, what if someone backorder the same domain name after I did backorder before?

is it worth to increase the bidding for the domain to make sure you are getting the domain?

Also,.in case of success, once your domain is in your name on Snapname, how easy is transfer it to another domain register company?

thank you

•••
Does anybody know if Snapname prioritize the date you ordered a backorder with them?

i mean, what if someone backorder the same domain name after I did backorder before?

is it worth to increase the bidding for the domain to make sure you are getting the domain?

Also,.in case of success, once your domain is in your name on Snapname, how easy is transfer it to another domain register company?

thank you
in case of multiple buyers there is a 3 day private auction on dynadot.

you have to wait 60 days after the snap to change the registrar of your domains.

•••
in case of multiple buyers there is a 3 day private auction on dynadot.

you have to wait 60 days after the snap to change the registrar of your domains.
So, then it's not about who backordered the domain first.
I understand that in case of multiple buyers they let you know and there is an auction for the domain, right?

Thank you,

•••
So, then it's not about who backordered the domain first.
I understand that in case of multiple buyers they let you know and there is an auction for the domain, right?

Thank you,
yes, as i said, a 3 days private auction.

•••
Good evening everyone,

I want to backorder a domain that has the registrar registration expiration date set to 2019-07-20. I know it can take up to a few weeks until I am able to buy it (if the owner does not renew it) so that's why I'm considering putting a backorder on the main places mentioned on this topic.

When I look up the domain on whois.icann.org, tierra.net (the registrar), and domaintools the result confirms the domain has expired on the date above.

However, when I search the WHOIS database on godaddy it says that the registration expiry date is 2020-07-20.

Why would godaddy be the only place that returns a result with a different date? Would they be trying to get potential buyers to make an offer on the domain instead of only waiting for it to drop? Of course,in this case I'm assuming an offer negotiated through GD would reach the high 100's, maybe 1000's of dollars whereas a backorder would probably stay in the low 100's.

I'm sorry if I'm being a little paranoid but that's how I feel about godaddy after reading so many bad reviews about them.

Thanks,

AE

•••
Hey dude,

I am a new user joined to this forum. as i read this topic and see the people's comments about backorder services, i got a question. Can you help me about it?
----
I wanted to order a backorder service for a less popular ccTLD (country extension) domain name which is currently registered by the German registrar "1API.net". First, i went to their website to see if it's possible to do the backorder by that registrar or not, but they showed me a "this domain is not available" message.

So I decided to search for that domain on different websites like snapnames, namejet, dropcatch, phoeenix, goddady .. and among these sites, only snapnames showed me the domain is available to be backordered for $79.

But also, i found out there is a British site named "bb-online.com" that do backorders for that ccTLD domain extension, but this website's model, is to set backorders for each domains only by one single user, and they don't do private/public auctions for domains.

I checked out my needed domain in there, but unfortunately that showed me the message "this domain is already being monitored on behalf of a client."

So i decided to come back to snapnames to set backorder service for that domain. But i wanted to ask you about the ((firepower)) of this backorder services. It looks snapnames is very popular among domain activitists, but i just saw bb-online.com on google search results.

What's your idea about these two sites?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back