NameSilo

What is the matter with Chinese domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gdndd

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I would like to understand what is the matter with chinese domain containing or not aeiouv letters ? ??

I see plenty of chinese website with aeiouv voyelles...

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone,

I would like to understand what is the matter with chinese domain containing or not aeiouv letters ? ??

I see plenty of chinese website with aeiouv voyelles...

Thanks

It has to do with Chinese acronyms and abbreviations. Chinese words may contain vowels but they don't start with them.

•••
OK so it may contain voyels ...

•••
OK so it may contain voyels ...

Yes, Chinese words have vowels. The point is that if, for example, you're buying domains that only have 4 letters, you want to choose 4 letters that can be used as an abbreviation. Since abbreviations are the first letter of words and Chinese words don't start with vowels, it's better to pick a domain without vowels.

If, on the other hand, you're buying a domain that spells an entire Chinese word or words, then it has to have vowels. Is that clear?

•••
Is "y" considered as a voyel ?? Because it is ...

•••
•••
Les voyelles anglaises sont A, E, I, O, U et parfois Y.

Because if you study pinyin, all chinese words (95%+) begins with "Initials' 聲母 and then followed by "finals" 韻母

No letters of AEIOUV belong to the "initials", so there is very very less minimal words that can be make up from the letters of AEIOUV.

That is why AEIOUV is not preferred in Chinese.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back