Domain Empire

discuss What you guys think about .US extension will be spell tomorrow?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainnews

domaining story-tellerTop Member
Impact
I have heard about the .US government through news been shut down for a long time and a contine will go on
So,my question is that what you guys think of .US extension will be spell tomorrow,does this would effect the furture development and growth of .US extension?

Frankly speaking ,only one.US extension in my showcase,thats oneida.US

What your showcase of .US extension is?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a weak extension. I'd love to own some as there's still nice stuff available but you'd have to be us located to be able to own them unfortunately.

•••
Yea,its pity am not an American though someone may like this one for their business because of the native feature in the coming days:xf.sick:

•••
It's a weak extension. I'd love to own some as there's still nice stuff available but you'd have to be us located to be able to own them unfortunately.
Yea,its pity am not an American though someone may like this one for their business because of the native feature in the coming days:xf.sick:

•••
Here's the problem. In the United States country codes are not used like they are in other global regions. Consumers are NOT aware of .US.

I understand that this is hard for some, in regions where country codes are known, to accept. The average consumer has absolutely no idea of its existence.

In my opinion, in the United States, you are better off with a New Gtld than the country code .US, but .com reigns big here.

(I emphasize this is my opinion)

•••

Who knows right? It may pick up in the future but as of now most American based companies seem to prefer any other extension over .us.

The upside is that, like I said, there are still great names available for personal use or hobby projects. They don't check owner info really so for something unimportant I wouldn't mind regging a few but when it comes to reselling I think you should legally be owning the domain.

If they stick to this approach they should look at the .ca registry. They're very strict.

•••
Here's the problem. In the United States country codes are not used like they are in other global regions. Consumers are NOT aware of .US.

I understand that this is hard for some, in regions where country codes are known, to accept. The average consumer has absolutely no idea of its existence.

In my opinion, in the United States, you are better off with a New Gtld than the country code .US, but .com reigns big here.

(I emphasize this is my opinion)
You can say that again ,seems that.US extension goes down recetly ,howere, i found that a great many of .US extension been taken and most of them seldom drop, i have no idea how come?:oops:

•••
Who knows right? It may pick up in the future but as of now most American based companies seem to prefer any other extension over .us.

The upside is that, like I said, there are still great names available for personal use or hobby projects. They don't check owner info really so for something unimportant I wouldn't mind regging a few but when it comes to reselling I think you should legally be owning the domain.

If they stick to this approach they should look at the .ca registry. They're very strict.
You said it,CA extension is very boring and sucky,once i regged one.CA domain ,they put my domain in suspend and lock after they checked at radom ,after a few month ,my domain be cancelled and even a penny without refunding me :inpain:

Last edited:
•••
You said it,CA extension is very boring and sucky,once i regged one.CA domain ,they put my domain in suspend and lock after they checked at radom ,after a few month ,my domain be cancelled and even a penny without refunding me :inpain:

I know:) I own one .ca for private use but it's registered in a friend's name who is Canadian.

It's a pitty as I love the ca ccTLD. I understand why they have restrictions though.

•••
I know:) I own one .ca for private use but it's registered in a friend's name who is Canadian.

It's a pitty as I love the ca ccTLD. I understand why they have restrictions though.
Good job,but as for now i dont care for .CA too much because not selling like hot cakes on the domain market ,like those .DE,CO.UK,CN and so on:smug:

•••
You might want to do something about your parking page. When I see Oneida, I think of the company, I guess you can make the argument it's about the Oneida tribe but your landing page is all Oneida flatware, silver, dinnerware, outlet store etc. 10 different links, all having to do with the company. And the shutdown has nothing to do with value of extension.

Last edited:
•••
You might want to do something about your parking page. When I see Oneida, I think of the company, I guess you can make the argument it's about the Oneida tribe but your landing page is all Oneida flatware, silver, dinnerware, outlet store etc. 10 different links, all having to do with the company. And the shutdown has nothing to do with value of extension.
to some extend,i can see eyes to eyes with you on governments'shutdown,but i dont know why U.S tent to shut down their government ? maybe,as the old say goes, USA is freedom seems twice or more if i remembered(y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back