Dynadot

discuss What's the Deal with "20"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
Have you ever wondered about the significance of “20” in the world of cryptocurrency domains? It seems to be a recurring theme with domain names such as BRC-20, SRC-20, SPL-20, STX-20, DRC-20, XRC-20 etc. The prevalence of this number raises questions about its meaning and potential impact on the crypto space.

Notably, the domain brc-20.io was sold for $21K, while brc20.com fetched a price of 21 BTC. These sales further highlight the attention and value associated with domain names featuring the “20” suffix. The significant amounts paid for these domains underscore the growing interest in this particular naming convention within the crypto community.

Do you hold any domains with the suffix 20?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a few
BRC-20.Markets
BRC20-Swap.com
brc420.xyz
brc-420.xyz

•••
Nothing special other than ERC-20 being penned in a post as a conceptual guideline, which was the 20th post at the time, and it later became an implemented guideline. Others are just following the guideline/name.

•••
Uh, never mind. 🤪

But thanks for your concise explanation!

Last edited:
•••
Nothing special other than ERC-20 being penned in a post as a conceptual guideline, which was the 20th post at the time, and it later became an implemented guideline. Others are just following the guideline/name.

20th Ethereum Request for Comments, specifically. ;)
And the significance is that it introduced tokens, that's why it's so prevalent and was copied by other blockchains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I not like to spend my time anymore here, but your topic has dragged my attention and because I know it all started with me.
Here is the real meaning of number 20, some years ago I was writing everywhere even here and different social media web, that I have 20 years of social distancing experience, of course now I have more somewhere 22 years, the 2023 was more of an getting out of social distancing.
This is from where the 20 became popular, believe me or not, I don't care.
But in my opinion the most important numbers remain 32 and 33, happy owner of the most important words + 32 and or 33 in the com extension, when others play with 20 and those stupid fake acronyms. :D
P.s. the big beasts are still spying on me, so they can see what is next that I will throw.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back