NameSilo

What's the purpose of this letter?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i have just received this email. whats the purpose of this letter? my registrar is not with start.no?

Date: 7/16/2004 01:25:01 -0700
Reply-to: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Domain Name Renewal Failed to Complete All headers
Dear dan :

We just wanted to let you know that we have attempted to renew the following services in your account (login: redhippo):

Service Expire Date Description
------------------------------------------------------
Registration 08-14-2004 anak.net

Although these services are set to auto-renew, the credit card information is either invalid or your credit card has been declined. If you would like to have these services renewed, it is urgent that you do the following:

1. go to
2. Login
3. Update your credit card information

That's it! We'll take care of the rest, and send you a confirmation e-mail once the service is extended.

If you have any questions, please reply to this e-mail. Thank you for using our domain name services.

Sincerely,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sounds like a scam to get your credit card number if you have never dealt with them before...

•••
Report this to your registrar .

•••
It is legit. That is the standard email that gets sent out 30 days prior to a domain expiring.

a) I bet you have auto-renew turned on.
b) You don't have a vaild cc in your control panel
c) According to the whois karmano [at] start.no is the contact

So again, this is legit.

•••
Its legitimate. It just asks you to login to your id and update your credit card info. Its not asking your Personal info by email. :)

•••
Normally I get this from Enom when I have a domain, as there all set to auto renew anyhows. I dont have any CC info, so i either move them to another register if i want to keep thme (NameCheap) or sell them here in NAmePros :)

Rgds
MAtt

•••
•••
Why? Do a whois and you'll see that same email address for your registrar contact.

•••
yea, i think the email address is a bit suspicious.

if it was a legitimate enom email, it would have an enom.com email. u should contact enon directly about this, i think.

•••
dude, if you knew anything about eNom you would know that email is legit as they come.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back