IT.COM

.info What's up with .INFO? 49,884 Registrations today already

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There seems to have been over 200,000 registrations in .INFO over the past 3-4 days.
Land of the Rising Sun?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Probably because of the cheap promotions of .info. Now just $0.88 USD at Namecheap.

Last edited:
•••
85% are being registered elsewhere.

•••
And also at Chinese registrars like West.cn, .info is currently only $0.74 USD.

•••
so, a .info hype, and new land grab trend begins.... again.

:)

imo...

•••
I am not quite sure random LLLL.info will ever be worth more than reg fee.

•••
Knowledge is power

Information is power

.INFO has no power

Last edited:
•••

I agree.

There are so many new GTLDs out there - I guess some people think it's smart(er) to bet on one of the old traditional extensions. Certainly when it's as cheap as it currently is (at least for the first year).

•••
•••
It's just speculators reacting no doubt - .INFO are not types that sell often to end buyers.

•••

I agree Fed

i think maybe a new member got wind of this hype, cuz it's first thing they asked about in their initial post.

they said they had been reading the forum and wondered about value of "LLLL.info"

so, i replied, "if you're asking about LLLL.info, then you need to keep reading"

imo.....

•••
Anybody checked what type of domain has been regged ? like LLLL or keyword-based ?

•••
LLLL.info mainly
Some Chinese guy registered 10,000 of them yesterday.

•••
if you don't trust

.info

how could you trust and new TLD?

----
trust .biz and . mobi to !o!!

•••
•••
I own the most valuable LLLL.info there is (actually the most $$$$ I spent for a domain by far)! lol

I think first first year prices so cheap for .info this was pretty much to be expected with China opening up to them. I actually saw a few .mobi being picked up in expiration auctions ..

•••
Taking into consideration actual LLLL.info sales to end buyers, I picked up a few (1k - LLLL & keyword) myself. 1 sale will cover the mini-portfolio.

•••
There seems to have been over 200,000 registrations in .INFO over the past 3-4 days.
Land of the Rising Sun?

Like others have said...just because of promo pricing. INFO has not done as well as hoped over the years...at one point I had about 700. Only have about ten now and only holding on to those for a couple more years. Either the extension will come into its own by then or it will just flounder away.

•••
back in 2000 something, they were giving away .info for free

so, this time around, it's at almost free pricing

•••
I have 1. I'm good with 1. Oh crap! I have 2. I forgot about a 2nd one that I got to hold on to. Ok, I have 2. I'm good with 2.

•••
•••
diagram.info
my only .info gem

•••
Chinese market now pro, info, kim, red..

•••
what a chinese market..hehehehheheeheh...:xf.smile::xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back