IT.COM

Whats your best domain registration?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what is your best domain registration?

My best domain registration would have to be flare.me because its a LLLL .me domain. It's a dictionary based word that is easy to pronounce.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flare = LLLLL, further more, you're clearly never going to be a good domainer; the number of letters means nothing and you're falling for the nonsense new domainers are fed to get them to buy worthless 4Ls.

•••
No need to be "rude" (to put it nicely) to other domainers. I on the other hand think that's a good reg.

I unfortunately haven't ever had an awesome reg, but I've been able to sell developed websites on "ok" regs =D

demandDesigns.com/demandesigns.com I thought was relatively good once I had developed it (then sold it!)

-Alex-

•••
•••
Sorry, didn't see that flare was 5L.

@samuelhr: They are also all premium letters too.

•••
Sorry, didn't see that flare was 5L.

@samuelhr: They are also all premium letters too.

Premium letters MEANS NOTHING. The only people that they matter to are domainers and domainers are horrible to sell to. If you want the real money through domaining, ignore the hype and find some valuable generics or keywords. Forget LLLLs, they only sell to domainers - Unless they're pronounceable or have value to an end user.

•••
No need to be "rude" (to put it nicely) to other domainers. I on the other hand think that's a good reg.

I unfortunately haven't ever had an awesome reg, but I've been able to sell developed websites on "ok" regs =D

demandDesigns.com/demandesigns.com I thought was relatively good once I had developed it (then sold it!)

-Alex-

If i can ask; Did it pay well, taking the hosting and hours spend on it?

•••
ookiedesign.com

the only domain I have xD

•••
•••
I'd say my best registration is GetDo.com.

•••
I haven't had any "genius" ones. But I really liked demanddesigns.com and developarea.com

=D

sold one, working on the other.

•••
Thats cool. Im still trying to figure out a way to develop GetDo.com..Any ideas?

•••
If i can ask; Did it pay well, taking the hosting and hours spend on it?

Yup it wasn't too bad. I spent probably 4 hours total creating it so it looks good while adding minimal content. I sold it for low $xxx B-)

If I had a second chance though, I would keep it right now and develop.

•••
Yup it wasn't too bad. I spent probably 4 hours total creating it so it looks good while adding minimal content. I sold it for low $xxx B-)

If I had a second chance though, I would keep it right now and develop.

Not bad Alex :)
Since i am a bit new when it comes to "minisites", how long do you think it would take for a "first timer" to learn how to develop a website, into something profitable ?

-Finnerup

•••
I have the same question finnerup...

•••
Not bad Alex :)
Since i am a bit new when it comes to "minisites", how long do you think it would take for a "first timer" to learn how to develop a website, into something profitable ?

-Finnerup

Well it depends what your into =)

I would say, take wordpress, mess around untill you get a theme you like (will likely require some customization as well) and then either write or syindicate. Within a few months (4/5/6?) it's ilkely you could sell it for high $xx or low $xxx ... of course, also depends on what kind of name you reg.

You can also take some free scripts say for a proxy website, customize them, make them look good (cause most free ones don't) and then do some s.e.o and sell :cy:

It took me about 9 months when i got into domaining to actually figure out how to make a profit. :gl:

Good luck!

-alex-

•••
Well it depends what your into =)

I would say, take wordpress, mess around untill you get a theme you like (will likely require some customization as well) and then either write or syindicate. Within a few months (4/5/6?) it's ilkely you could sell it for high $xx or low $xxx ... of course, also depends on what kind of name you reg.

You can also take some free scripts say for a proxy website, customize them, make them look good (cause most free ones don't) and then do some s.e.o and sell :cy:

It took me about 9 months when i got into domaining to actually figure out how to make a profit. :gl:

Good luck!

-alex-

Thanks, yes i know what you mean. When i got into domaining i thought that i had it all figured out. But i think we all get a big surprice more or less.

Well, if I come up with something that requiers more than i know of, would you mind if i seek your help ?
That would be great :)

-Finnerup

•••
Thanks, yes i know what you mean. When i got into domaining i thought that i had it all figured out. But i think we all get a big surprice more or less.

Well, if I come up with something that requiers more than i know of, would you mind if i seek your help ?
That would be great :)

-Finnerup

Yup that happens to everybody, at least it has happened to me. :cy:

And sure, ask away! :music:

•••
I've just buying SOMEBODYGREEN.COM

•••
•••
•••
not to be off topic or anything but I saw one person was asking some questions about how long it take to start making money off a site. Well I can tell you that you can start making money right away if you know what your doing. PM me.

•••
•••
Yes, but what are you going so relate to: SOMEBODYGREEN?
The hulk ?:hehe:

:lol::lol::lol:

most definately has to do with the hulk :imho:

•••
That's an idea, I was gonna make a minisite about green energy and things like that and green living

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back