IT.COM

Where to sell domains to people from China and Taiwan?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dantex45

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I've heard that people have sold both numbers-only domains and Chinese word domains to people from these countries. My question is how have they contacted people from these countries or through which sites did they sell them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, I've heard that people have sold both numbers-only domains and Chinese word domains to people from these countries. My question is how have they contacted people from these countries or through which sites did they sell them?

Thanks for the question. Let's see if there are any experienced folks here on the forum with that issue.

I was also curious about any potential marketplace specifically for Japan or the Philippines? Has anyone had experience not having sales through usual venues, but using marketplaces sucessfully for these countries?

•••
I was also curious about any potential marketplace specifically for Japan or the Philippines? Has anyone had experience not having sales through usual venues, but using marketplaces sucessfully for these countries?
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but just in case. If you have a customer from Japan, you may 1) list the domain on afternic with agreed BIN 2) wait for everything to be updated 3) send the customer to Japan-based registrar www.onamae.com where they will see familiar Japanese interface and language, local payment methods, and they will be able to search for your premium domain (last time I checked there was a separate page with premium domains), and pay in Japanese Yen. Onamae is Afternic partner I (unsure about fast transfer though).
Yeah, in Japan they prefer local suppliers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I live in TW. Most domains I sold to China and TW were private sales, and a few groups by introduction. In Asia, intros are far more important than anything else.

•••
I live in TW. Most domains I sold to China and TW were private sales, and a few groups by introduction. In Asia, intros are far more important than anything else.
Thanks for sharing that. What is the largest domain aftermarket online in China and Taiwan? And have you had any success using them?

•••
Thanks for sharing that. What is the largest domain aftermarket online in China and Taiwan? And have you had any success using them?
I sold maybe about 300 of them on the Chinese market.
I use 4.cn and Ename
But I do speak enough Chinese and traditional Chinese to deal with them. (and my wife is Taiwanese)
Speaking the language helps a lot.
Other than that, I am in a closed group of Chinese domain investors on Line and WeChat that is far more fruitful than the marketplaces.
Also, don't forget I have access and accounts in the TW and Chinese markets, and payment options used in Asia (HK, CN, TW, SG, SK etc)

•••
•••
Hello, I'm in China. I can help you sell these domain names.

•••
You should consider the domain registrar, GNAME.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back