NameSilo

question Which industries most profitable for domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Karlp295

Established Member
Impact
If you buy domains to resell them, which industries do you concentrate on? I am focussed on Writing, Travel and Self Help/ Motivation at present. Should I be aware of something else that is profitable?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Ai and finance are the most profitable nowadays

•••
Upvote 0
If you buy domains to resell them, which industries do you concentrate on? I am focussed on Writing, Travel and Self Help/ Motivation at present. Should I be aware of something else that is profitable?
The big 4:

Banking and finance
Healthcare
All things tech
Retail

•••
Upvote 0
Finance
Healthcare
(Altenative) Energy

•••
Upvote 0
As a beginner You should focus on niches you have knowledge in as you are likely to purchase better names when you have working knowledge.

The trends, potential trends change with the tides and are more speculative in nature but of course can pay off. Follow trends in future tech, read, study reported sales.

There are no set in stone answers. Its a learning process and it changes.

•••
Upvote 0
As a beginner You should focus on niches you have knowledge in as you are likely to purchase better names when you have working knowledge.

The trends, potential trends change with the tides and are more speculative in nature but of course can pay off. Follow trends in future tech, read, study reported sales.

There are no set in stone answers. Its a learning process and it changes.
Thanks for that piece of advice. The most difficult part is the selling. Any suggestions how to sell domains quickly?

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Rather than the industry, it is always the fad/trend which tends to be the most profitable.

For example, ChatGPT was a profitable/quick sale for many domainers. Now the shift is onto AI again and some are even betting on AIOT.

So maybe to sum it up, Technology as an umbrella term, has been the most profitable industry.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back