NameSilo

Which is your preferred Drop Catcher?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I only know Pool and GoDaddy/BlueRazor until now.
I'm asking the Pros to tell their experiences (the good and the bad).

Thanks a lot.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
eNom club drop for low quality domains.
Pool for high quality domain.
All the services (Pool, Snapnames, Namewinner, eNom, GD) if I must have the domain.

•••
Enom Club Drop is only for Enom resellers?
Am I right?

•••
Originally posted by sleepy
Am I right?
No,You are wrong.
For both reseller and retail.
If you need a free enom 8.95$ reseller account please PM me.

Bean

•••
•••
Oddly enough, the best domains I've had and sold, I registered for $8.88 ;)

Therefore, I tend not to use drop services. Then again, I'm also a cheapskate, and am unlikely to ever pay $x,xxx+ for a domain...unless I HAD to have it.

Rgds
MAtt

•••
Am I right?

Originally posted by bizbj
No,You are wrong.
For both reseller and retail.
If you need a free enom 8.95$ reseller account please PM me.
Bean

I'm not really interested in a reseller account, but I would like to join the Enom Drop Club. How do I do this? I couldn't find anything about this.

•••
I'm not really interested in a reseller account, but I would like to join the Enom Drop Club. How do I do this? I couldn't find anything about this.

Why dont you just get a reseller account? most people will give out 8.95 to you for free.

I dont think there are any other ways to access enom drop club.

•••
you know how when you regester a domain at pool, the day befor they chuck it on there index page. do any of the other regesters do anything differently if you backorder it? like to draw atenshion to it?

QBert

•••
Hi Sleepy.
All you need is a retail account with enom to be apart of Club Drop, but a reseller account saves you with purchasing domains. Definately the way to go, bizbj's offer is the one I'd go for if I wanted in on Club Drop.:)

•••
im a noob here...

would someone mind telling me what a drop catcher is please?

thanks!

•••
"catching domains" i.e. when a popular domain expires usually it is registered within milliseconds by some sort of back-ordering service (Pool, eNom Club Drop, Snapnames, etc).

•••
SnapNames has worked fine for me so far :) Never used Enom Club Drop, sounds like an interesting alternative though..

•••
Enom has actually improved greatly in the past few drops. I think they are seriously taking a run at being top dog in the drop catching arena after the latest partnerships with close to 19 added registrars in the fold. They just caught Chillout.com and another highly sought after name babystores.com yesterday which I believe are currently in auction there.
Pool.com not to be undone has to my knowledge aslo increased it's massive registrar alliance to an extra 4 just recently.
Should be interesting who wins this tussle in the forseable future.
Here are some other dropcatcher's for interest sake.
Snapnames.com
Godaddy.com
NameWinner.com
Dotregistrar.com
DropWizard.com
Expirefish.com

•••
Dont add nice domains(which you think as nice or which contains several listings in google) in pool till the final deleting day of that domain. Add it in the last few remaining hours of its drop. Otherwise you will see your domain in the frontpage of pool.com's hotlist ..

•••
Originally posted by SY4
Oddly enough, the best domains I've had and sold, I registered for $8.88 ;)
Therefore, I tend not to use drop services. Then again, I'm also a cheapskate, and am unlikely to ever pay $x,xxx+ for a domain...unless I HAD to have it.

:bingo:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back