IT.COM

poll Why doesn't outbounding work

NameSilo
Watch

Why does autbounding not work

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Contacting wrong person

vote
    14.3%
  • Contacting by email instead of phone

votes
    0.0%
  • Sender's identity is not clear or doesn't look professional

votes
    0.0%
  • Any marketing has negative response

votes
    28.6%
  • Instructions are not clear

votes
    0.0%
  • Not sure about ownership

votes
    0.0%
  • Not sure about the company/site which will handle the transaction

votes
    0.0%
  • Only buys domains using a familiar trusted company

votes
    0.0%
  • Asking price is too high

vote
    14.3%
  • Any price is high whatever the price is

votes
    0.0%
  • Possibly selling stolen domain

votes
    0.0%
  • Don't need that domain yet

vote
    14.3%
  • Not sure about benefits of that domain

vote
    14.3%
  • The person who would handle the transaction considers its own profit

votes
    0.0%
  • It is our business name, so you shouldn't try to sell it to us

vote
    14.3%
  • Message is not polite enough

votes
    0.0%
  • Don't consider aftermarket sales as legitimate business

votes
    0.0%
  • Messages go to trash without reading

votes
    28.6%
  • Making a decision takes time

votes
    0.0%
  • No agreement among owners of the company on such a purchase

votes
    0.0%
  • We are not using convincing data or arguments

vote
    14.3%
  • Our message too long

votes
    0.0%
  • Some marketing tricks missing

votes
    0.0%
  • They will hire an agent and that agent will ignore or lowball or wait for expiration

vote
    14.3%
  • Works in my case

votes
    0.0%
  • Works if prices are low

votes
    0.0%
  • Works but not right away

votes
    0.0%
  • Works but without a response

votes
    0.0%
  • I don't know

votes
    42.9%
  • There is no Godaddy logo on the landing page

votes
    0.0%
  • Bad looking landing page

votes
    0.0%
  • Mobile-unfriendly landing page

votes
    0.0%
  • Bad reviews about the company handling the transaction

votes
    0.0%
  • Not enough options given to the buyer about marketplaces

votes
    0.0%
  • They don't buy domains on aftermarket

votes
    28.6%
  • Noone around them buy aftermarket domains

votes
    0.0%
  • They need to see examples of such sales

votes
    0.0%
  • They need to hear about aftermarket sales on the media

votes
    0.0%
  • Domain ok, but there is no shortage of such domains

vote
    14.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I'm not sure, but outbounding never seems to work.
Wondering why.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A lot of those reasons could apply. If a business really wanted the domain you're offering, they'd be knocking on your door, than the other way around. The belief that they haven't thought about it, or you're giving them some miraculous new information about their brand, is often wrong (it likely has crossed their mind, and not interested)

Last edited:
•••
Because offering worse name than company is trading with. Eg SouthEnd doesnt need SouthenEnding.
Try this offer exact match domain to their business or keywords.

Last edited:
•••
If I do outbounding, probably that company must get that domain (or at least, it would be good for them if they did), so I didn't even consider adding "they are not interested in that low quality domain" to the poll.
For example they use potatomachinellc.net and I offer potatomachine.com . Still ignored. or if not , they still don't buy at reasonable affrodable price. My purpose would be to wake them up, rather than selling right away (they need time to think about it). Still doing it rarely (maybe because, it doesn't seem to work).

Last edited:
•••
If I do outbounding, probably that company must get that domain (or at least, it would be good for them if they did), so I didn't even consider adding "they are not interested in that low quality domain" to the poll.
For example they use potatomachinellc.net and I offer potatomachine.com . Still ignored. or if not , they still don't buy at reasonable affrodable price. My purpose would be to wake them up, rather than selling right away (they need time to think about it). Still doing it rarely (maybe because, it doesn't seem to work).
End users often don't think like domainers too. You could be technically right with good intentions, with a technically better domain, and still fail to convince

Last edited:
•••
Good arvo,

Imagine you need a new TV. You're old one is finished. What do you do? Go online and compare prices etc etc. Maybe visit a local shop to see it in person.

Now, imagine I have the perfect TV, one I know you just have to have. I send you a random email telling you why you need/have to have my TV. Sounds simple...right!!! What do you do next? After deleting my email of course. You go back to choosing a TV the way you've always done it even though I had the perfect TV for you.

Also, imagine that 5 people (domainers) have owned this domain name within the last 5 to 10 years. It is likely that all of them may have approached the company to tell them that they have the perfect name for their business and the reasons why they should own it. Now, the business owner may not understand domaining and is trying to figure out how 5 different people can own the same domain name. It would make them sceptical to say the least.

Most people will look for something themselves if and when they need it and don't always like to be approached.

I have a local hearing aid company that write to me every 4-6 months without fail and at some cost to themselves offering me hearing aids that I said I didn't want/need from them. P.s...If someone needs hearing aids they will probably always need hearing aids and if they haven't bought from you then they have probably bought them from someone else so there is no need to hound me for five years.

Some people just don't get it LOL.

Rgrds,

Redd

•••
One thing is if they say no they aren't likely to change mind eg trading on net and have com over time. If they continue to grow then might come knocking if not burnt lead.

•••
•••
•••
Can you please elaborate.

Some scenario.. In which case it works well? And when it doesn't .
I did but will add another. You buy a domain to try to get some top ceo to see it when sole trader is real market.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back