Domain Empire

Why is the wholesale market for BB stronger than NR?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been reviewing the wholesale threads for BrandBucket domains and they seem to be quite liquid. Yet Namerific listed domains are barely selling.

Why do you think this is?

From where I stand:
  1. I've personally had a much higher acceptance rate on BrandBucket, Namerific has been much more strict on the quality
  2. The sell through rates are pretty similar based on what I've read through the forums
Why are buyers so fixated on BB wholesale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What data do you use to compare the two sites, in particular when you say BB domains are liquid ?

From what I read, BB has only a few sales (real sales) each year and many domains are retired from BB to go though other marketing channels. My own observations confirm these facts, but I don't have precise stats yet.

That said, it seems BB is more active commercially, and that may explain your findings.

•••
Apologies for any confusion. I'm referring to the wholesale market here, for example on the Namepros forums.

People are buying and selling BB listed domains for $20 - $30 on average, but Namerific domains appear to have little or no demand.

I'm wondering why people are so biased towards BB given the similar end-user sales records? I don't know if there's something I'm missing or if it's just preference.

•••
Back 2/3 years ago, it was a popular business model to register brandable domains, submit them to BB, get accepted and sell them right away on NP or other channels except BB. The selling prices were not high. May be 100$ or so but the sales were easy.

From what I've read, this model does no longer work well, but I have never tried.

Back to Namerific and BB, my earlier comment still applies: Eventhough Namerific is a very smart and respectable company, BB is far more active in their marketing. As a result, BB has become kind of a reference.

Also, I've listened to an interview of Namerific, and at that time, they were positionning themselves differently: instead of being resellers, they had a team of Philippans searching domains for themselves. Even today, they don't position themselves clearly as a reseller like BB.

All these facts may explain why people favor BB on forums.

•••
From what I gather NR can be harder to move and remove domains from.
I have to say I have less domains on nr than Bb but more success.

•••
BB domains sell on NP because BB is the leading authority in marketing brandables.

It is not rocket science to figure that out.

•••
Namerific sells nowhere near the number of domains that BrandBucket does. I do agree that a Namerific approved domain does not have the same interest here on Namepros which has become the most important wholesale brandable marketplace.

BrandBucket Drives $2.4 Million in Brandable Domain Name Sales in 2015

Los Angeles California

Showing growth for the eighth consecutive year since opening its marketplace in 2007, BrandBucket.com reaches $2.4 Million in business name sales in 2015.

BrandBucket, the original marketplace for brandable business names, announced today a record high annual sales number for 2015 at $2.4 Million. The sales numbers was the result of growth of BrandBucket’s inventory in 2015, which exceeded 25,000 brandable business names for sale.

BrandBucket has pioneered the brandable domain name space, allowing owners of highly-brandable .com domains to submit their names for consideration to be sold within its marketplace. Accepted names are then connected with a professional branding and logo by creative designers and sold as a ready-to-use brand. Some well-established brand names sold at BrandBucket include Envato, Zomato, Mattermark, and Setster.

“In 2015 we demonstrated that we could stay on course for sales even as we dramatically expanded our inventory and community of sellers. As a result of our internal growth, web traffic growth, and continued referrals from satisfied customers, we more than doubled sales within two years” commented Michael Krell, Managing Director of BrandBucket.

•••
On BB you can push a domain to another account instantly in just one click. Very easy.

On NR you will be lucky if you ever get a reply from their customer support. It must be hell to have a domain transferred from one account to another.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back