IT.COM

Wordpress VS. Blogger

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wordpress VS. Blogger?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Wordpress all the way!

votes
    86.4%
  • Blogger beats all!

votes
    4.5%
  • Neither

votes
    9.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I've always been a fan of wordpress, I find it simply has more customizable features, more themes, more plugins—yet neither have I ever looked too in detail at other services like blogger. What are your guys's opinions? :laugh:

-Alex-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not really into the *.wordpress.com thing, but I can say that I like Blogger and its features.

•••
I'm not really into the *.wordpress.com thing, but I can say that I like Blogger and its features.

By wordpress I don't necessarily mean that, mainly more of getting wordpress installed for your website (without the .wordpress subdomain)

•••
•••
•••
By wordpress I don't necessarily mean that, mainly more of getting wordpress installed for your website (without the .wordpress subdomain)

Then I vote for Wordpress. I thought you were asking us to choose between Blogger.com and Wordpress.com, which is logical. You can't really compare Wordpress installed on your domain and Blogger.com which isn't a software that you download and install.

•••
I like blogger for these reasons:

1) ease of management from anywhere in the world

2) regular visits by g00gleb0t

3) ability to change the dates/times of my posts (not sure if this is possible in WordPress)

4) it's the standard, which means that most add-ons, plugins, accessories, etc. that other companies & individuals create will work with blogger.

•••
Wordpress for the win! Been with them since '07 and not turning back B-)

•••
Wordpress all the way for sure! I am even thinking of doing non-blog sites using Wordpress as my CMS :)

•••
It is pretty unfair to compare the standalone Wordpress script, because it has much more extendability than Blogger, but as Wordpress.com vs Blogger, Blogger takes the cake for its third party extension ability, integration of adsense, and ability to modify its templates.

•••
Its WordPress hands down for me.

WordPress has endless possibilities in terms of templates + plugins, addons etc :)

•••
One big difference is that you host it (WP) on your own domain and can completely customize it as you like (you can edit the source code).

•••
WP for me too.. No votes for blogger yet? :P
There are definitely much more things that we can do with WP compared to Blogger and that's the main reason why I go for WordPress.

•••
It is pretty unfair to compare the standalone Wordpress script, because it has much more extendability than Blogger, but as Wordpress.com vs Blogger, Blogger takes the cake for its third party extension ability, integration of adsense, and ability to modify its templates.

Have to agree with you there. You can't really compare a hosted solution like Blogger with a self-hosted solution like WordPress, where you have much more control over everything.

Blogger vs. WordPress.com, well, that's pretty tough too, but it really depends on your personal preference and your goals.

If you just want a clean, non-commercial, ad-free blog, WordPress.com would probably be the way to go.

If you want to make money off your blog and use Adsense, Blogger would probably be a better choice.

•••
While I agree with many of the opinions above (for either blogger or Wordpress) I would say that if you really want to monetize your content - WordPress. It's VERY well coded, heavily supported and since 2.7 is extremely easy to manage and keep updated.

There is a massive development community around it, both for free and paid add-ons, themes, and so forth.

The real advantage, as stated above, is that by using WordPress self-hosted, you are in full control of how you optimize the site - for SEO, end-users and (if so desired) revenue.

Rob

•••
What's interesting though is that although we all (for the most part) agree that wordpress beats blogger, blogger.com is a much more popular website and there are more blogger blogs.

I wonder as to why?

-Alex-

•••
I've always been a fan of wordpress, I find it simply has more customizable features, more themes, more plugins—yet neither have I ever looked too in detail at other services like blogger. What are your guys's opinions? :laugh:

-Alex-

I am also a fan of wordpress. In fact one of my blogs is using the wordpress,which you can see in my signature. I am very satisfied with its functions.:tu:

•••
Wordpress all the way. Love the plugins

•••
If you're talking about the Wordpress script, then no you cannot compare both Blogger and Wordpress to each other because Blogger is only hosted and you don't have much control over it. I would say I like Blogger better than Wordpress (the hosted service) because Blogger is very easy to customize, 100% free, and you can add your Adsense code to it. Sure you can't add all those plugins or modifications like you can on Wordpress, but there are a lot of Blogspot hacks freely available that can let you modify your Blogspot blog and make it look professional.

I only like Blogger better than the Wordpress.org hosted service, otherwise I prefer to use Wordpress script for blogs. If Blogspot had a script then it could be actually comparable!

•••
WOW Blogger still has 0 votes.

•••
I am always a fan of WordPress.
I once registered an account in Blogger but i encountered some problems in posting for my BLogs.
It always waste my time so I switch with WordPress and now I'm happy with it.

•••
•••
There is no doubt wordpress of course....it is the best blogging them so far.

•••
I prefer WP. I use it all time for my blogs.

•••
As a blog script Wordpress is the best. But as a free online blog platform Blogger is the best. I use both.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back