NameSilo

question Wordpress

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

saytouqeer

Established Member
Impact
hello to all the members of the namepros
My question is if I am design my website with the use of wordpress. Is there any issue (like security and others) of my website in future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No more than using any cms, php, html, blah blah blah.

•••
Wordpress usually many spammer install pluggin Akismet ; it able to delete spammer comment using software till 90%. for manual spammer post/comment should delete manual one.
* should learn about default feed, label feed, page feed; that really useful for design and nanage content.

•••
As others have noted, you'll want to ensure that you keep your scripts fully up to date. This means the main WordPress install version, all themes and plugins too! These are often exploited because they are free, so stay on top of updates and you should be fine.

•••
Wordpress is the best Opensource CMS

There is no security issues in WP if you stay away from nulled themes and plugins.

Go for free themes and plugins (There are lods of free resources available) and if you can spend some money for your site you can choose premium themes and plugins.

There are some must use plugins for wordpress sites like akismet (fryan also suggested this one) will help you to protect spam comments.

•••
Best way to eliminate spam comments?
Set WP to not allow comments at all.

But yes, always update your wordpress (it can be done automatically in the admin side).
Same with plugins.
And be careful with plugins.
So many are crap to begin with.
And get a current theme as older themes may not work well with the current or updated versions of WP.

•••
when using a wordpress site, change admin name to something else, install wordpress firewall 2 and secure wordpress plugins. This should stop any successful hacking on your site. I have just had to delete a wordpress site because of the theme, hosting said it was badly coded and using up too many resources which meant none of my other sites were working, an example of a wordpress site is www.rod.tv
~
You can find some free themes here http://genericwpthemes.com

•••
One thing that helps WP be more secure?
Is your .htaccess.
Set it so only your ip can log in.

•••
If it is only for content setting ip a login to your ip adress would be the best. I also use bullet proof security plugin. But it all depends what kind of site you making. For just content it sjould be fine. Before selecting the theme scan it a gtmetrix see if it loads fast. It will tell you upfront how well its coded.

•••
One thing that helps WP be more secure?
Is your .htaccess.
Set it so only your ip can log in.
i agreed WordPress is provide you high security than other CMS(Custom Made Simple) .

•••
I disagree with both of you because Grow Digital Services - grow.ae use CMS and they also provide high quality client security.

•••
Always keep your plugins and WP up to date. My site got hacked a few years ago through a vulnerable plugin.

Other than that, it is an amazing platform with multiple security features.

I'd recommend backing up your posts often if you're concerned about security.

You can also look into two-step authentication which requires you to use your mobile phone to log into your account.
Good Luck =D

•••
No security issues with WP. Pretty safe environment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back