Dynadot

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Picked up /Aid /XR /in /com approved at SH
Also, /Dope /XR /in /com and /Why /XR /in /com

•••
•••
Saw this one in namebio, not mine

1684839824877.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
RealityShop.xyz
RealityMall.xyz
RealityApple.xyz
RealityHelmet.xyz

•••
The iPhone XR pretty much ruined any chances of apple using XR as a marketing term... But XR will definitely get a boost from the Vision Pro launch.

Jesus, it's about time! It was a rumor since 2014 lol... Nearly 10 years...

•••
Oh yeah,forgot to me toin that I got a 4 figure offer on XR + NFT dot com yesterday. Must be because of the Apple launch. I countered, so let's see....

Last edited:
•••
This thread is dead. ...... R.I.P.

As far as sales go, there is no indication that XR domains really have as much value as previously predicted by many here (including my self)....but I still hold a few. With Apple's Vision Pro set to release next month and I'm hoping that it would increase demand for this domain niche. But I'm only holding domains, not my breath.

•••
there is no indication that XR domains really have as much value as previously predicted by many here (including my self)...

I'm dropping 60-70% of mine.

•••
I'm only have one.
In my options, The XR won't be a big seller until the GPU hardware is at a level where it can run multiple large 3D models smoothly.

•••
$3.5k for a solely 'stay at home device'.
(for millionaires / wealthy people)

That won't be the mass adoption, we need.

Only with outdoor glasses, we will head into the right direction.

Last edited:
•••

Your logic is off...

Vision Pro is portable, because it's battery operated and it's screen based, so it can be used outside in the bright sunlight.

But regardless, most of the devices consumers buy are limited to domestic usage - including game consoles, TVs and PCs, which headsets like the Vision Pro will aim to replace as they become more affordable.

The same way the iPhone launched the touchscreen phone industry. After that, others like Samsung copied it to create more affordable Android phones.

If the Vision Pro is successful (which is a strong possibility given Apple's record) this will potentially be the iPhone all over again. And because Apple has learned from their previous hardware launch mistakes and learned .from their experiece with creation the world's first mobile eco system of apps, they could be very successful in their strategies with this launch.

I hope they will be anyway. I sense that the masses are ready for big changes in tech. They've been waiting for the next stage in computing. The iPhone launched in 2007.this is long over due. People are very hungry for something different right now.

Last edited:
•••

Also, keep in mind the success of iPhones that cost nearly $1,500. Do you really think most people pay that up front?? It's completely normal for people to upgrade their iPhones before finishing their payment plan - through a trade-in program or selling them online. So it's a cycle of payments plans and temporary ownership.

A $3,500 iPhone like headset from Apple will be treated EXACTLY the same way.

Last edited:
•••
Also, keep in mind the success of iPhones that cost nearly $1,500. Do you really think most people pay that up front?? It's completely normal for people to upgrade their iPhones before finishing their payment plan - through a trade-in program or selling them online. So it's a cycle of payments plans and temporary ownership.

A $3,500 iPhone like headset from Apple will be treated EXACTLY the same way.
Will you replace your smart-phone, which you can truly carry around,

with a thick headset?!

For sure not.

1) $3.5k is quite much.
- In addition to your maybe expensive smart-phone.

2) Wear it outside?
Yeah, maybe on one spot.
But its def. not a wearable, like real glasses, smart-watch/ phone, other gadgets like ai pin etc.
So, its outdoor activity is totally limited to a safe haven (no action).

3) I stay with my prediction:
Only affordable & easy-to-wear (light) smart-glasses will bring the wide mainstream success we need, for a broad adoption.

This one headset is a clunky but performant device for your home / office / spot.

Not comparable with the success of the iPhone / smart-phone revolution;
more a gimmick for few wealthy chosen ones.

•••

with a thick headset?!

For sure not.

1) $3.5k is quite much.

2) Wear it outside?
Yeah, maybe on one spot.
But its def. not a wearable, like real glasses, smart-watch/ phone, other gadgets like ai pin etc.

Only affordable & easy-to-wear (light) smart-glasses will bring the wide mainstream success we need, for a broad adoption.

This one headset is a clunky but performant device for your home / office / spot.

If you think that I'm saying that it will replace smartphones you've completely misunderstood what I wrote.

And I think that everyone can agree that AR smart glasses are going to be successful when they come, there is also a need for a device like the Vision Pro.

Will it completely replace TVs, Game Concoles and and PCs? Certainly not! But it will be seen as an alternative, in the same way tablets are a multi-billion dollar alternative to PCs that has been wildly successful. The Vision Pro *could* be that kind of device.

You seem to think that the only reason why the Vision Pro would be successful is if it functions like smart glasses. That's simply a miscalculation in your reasoning,...

Last edited:
•••

with a thick headset?!

For sure not.

1) $3.5k is quite much.

2) Wear it outside?
Yeah, maybe on one spot.

And again, you keep mentioning "affordable". People purchase things they can't afford every day. It's called credit and payment plans. Affordability today has more to do with how much a person can pay monthly and how long a person is willing to pay for a product, on a monthly plan - not how much the total price is.

•••
If you think that I'm saying that it will replace smartphones you've completely misunderstood what I wrote.

And I think that everyone can agree that AR smart glasses are going to be successful when they come, there is also a need for a device like the Vision Pro.

Will it completely replace TVs, Game Concoles and and PCs? Certainly not! But it will be seen as an alternative, in the same way tablets are a multi-billion dollar alternative to PCs that has been wildly successful. The Vision Pro *could* be that kind of device.

You seem to think that the only reason why the Vision Pro would be successful is if it functions like smart glasses. That's simply a miscalculation in your reasoning,...
alright, we'll see.

$3.5k is really high, as it is no car, motor-bike, e-bike
- but a headset.

buying an e-bike (...) on credit is different.

You are right: in its field, AR/VR headset, it may become industry leader.

In its own niche.

That our domains sell, is relying on broad mass adoption:
And here I am more on side of smart-glasses, than anything else.

I don't think I am a big believer in headsets any more... to be honest.

Keep it up.

•••
alright, we'll see.

$3.5k is really high, as it is no car, motor-bike, e-bike
- but a headset.

buying an e-bike (...) on credit is different.

You are right: in its field, AR/VR headset, it may become industry leader.

In its own niche.

That our domains sell, is relying on broad mass adoption:
And here I am more on side of smart-glasses, than anything else.

I don't think I am a big believer in headsets any more... to be honest.

Keep it up.

When you say "$3.5k is really high, as it is no car, motor-bike, e-bike- but a headset." that's already the kind of dialog about smartphones that cost over $1k - especially in countries with a lower currency exchange rate like India. Millions around the world don't make $3.5k a year.

But has that stopped the success of gaming PCs that cost $5k or wide screen TVs that cost $3k?

Apple invests a lot of research into their pricing before shipping out a product. And they are only manufacturing less than 150k units for its launch. This will be enough for the to get an idea of what needs to be improved and to see the pubkic's response.

It could be a viral phenomenon on social media, with people talking about how "magical" its controllerless interface is, beginning the same kind of hype cycle we saw with the iPod and iPhone.

Only time will tell. But what's certainly going to happen is that industries of start ups are watching very closely. Many will probably want domains that reflect the industry if this thing takes off! XR and Spatial Computing related domains.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back