IT.COM

analysis .xyz is on fire now but for how long?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

abuislam

Established Member
Impact

Attachments

• IMG_20220207_160254_300.jpg
    IMG_20220207_160254_300.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 85
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
US housing market is on fire now but how long? The answer is nobody knows

Last edited:
•••
.xyz on fire ?!?
Only Swetha sell for xxxxx $ ( exception was Nomad )
The rest of domainers xx , xxx max 1000$
Is not on fire is bubble
When i will sell in range 4999-9999 maybe i will belive in xyz or at least at 1888 as i have the names set now

Last edited:
•••
Most of the single word .xyz names are selling under $100, but only a few names and that too only by two persons are selling in xxxx to xxxxx $. These rare a few sales do not represent to call that .xyz is "On Fire"

•••
Not true, in SAV's auctions there are also some good sales.

management.xyz 7,334 USD
diet.xyz 6,334 USD
interest.xyz 594 USD

These 3 sold yesterday

•••
Swetha is on fire (more valid)

•••
XYZ sales by Swetha, in my personal opinion, it's brand parasitism in 3 of 5 domains.

moniker.xyz - Moniker Registrar
paramount.xyz - Paramount Studios
parasol.xyz -> parasol-projects.com

These are great sales (moniker, paramount), but you can easily get a court order.

•••
200.000+ potential end-users for xyz
@ uni.xyz

Even if I want to, I can't ignore my research results.

Regards

•••
Just long enough for most investors to lose a lot of money.

•••
How long stays hot, no one knows, but data does not suggest a cooling yet.

It is true that Swetha sells most of the $10K + sales, but it is definitely not true that only 2 people have sold .xyz above $1k. She sells most because she has most of the great names, and continues to build her portfolio.

Here are last year of sales on NameBio (clearly not all sales).
https://namebio.com/?s==MjM4gDO4UzM

Most of the time she prices ending in 88, so easy to see which ones are hers, even if not submitted under her name.

True that some of the $1k plus are now domainer acquisitions. I was following a NCM auction for an .xyz that went above $2k a few days ago, and many of the Sav auctions are to investors, I presume.

Right now, majority of big sales going to web3 startups. If that does not broaden, clearly a major shakeup in web3 companies in crypto, decentralization, NFTs would influence retail market.

Bob

•••
I think a lot of the confusion comes with how much a xyz sells when its tied to a premium renewal fee vs one that has the standard fee. im pretty sure a lot of Swethas domains are regular fee. I see many auctions on sav of domains getting "undersold" but then you see the reg fee, just a couple of years it costs to own it and it evens out.

XYZ sales by Swetha, in my personal opinion, it's brand parasitism in 3 of 5 domains.

These are great sales (moniker, paramount), but you can easily get a court order.

lol@brand parasitism, that's hilarious but it has crossed my mind before, it can feel that way, but to believe this to be true we would have to come to the conclusion that xyz was going all the way as far as adoption goes and maybe that will happen and maybe it wont. We could say the same for any other extension. These are such generic dictionary words, its bound to happen. For example I own a TOP 2000 dictionary word xyz, which its com is owned by a company, its not apple.com big but you have likely heard of it, I take this example and then I search for the same .xyz domain I own but add the word crypto and then I see there's a network out there called "dictionary name" crypto, but its not just crypto its literally anything fill in the blank dictionary word and somethings bound to come up. I don't want to say what it is but. I believe the internet is so ubiquitous that you would have to differentiate between it and I believe they already do this now.

Last edited:
•••

I disagree with the moniker one. For a dictionary word to be trademarked, I think the business has to serve in a different area than the meaning of the word. For example, apple trademarked apple and blackberry trademarked blackberry but they are not selling fruits….namely moniker can not be trademarked for name related purposes

Last edited:
•••
Until firefighters come to extinguish it. :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back