Domain Empire

news .XYZ Planning “biggest sale the domain world has ever seen”

Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I saw the tweet below from .XYZ CEO Daniel Negari, and I reached out to him to see if he could share what he has planned for the company’s anniversary. From the looks of it, we are going to hear a lot about .XYZ domain names via domain name registrar channels and perhaps other outlets.

read more:

https://gen.xyz/two

Comment :

“biggest sale the domain world has ever seen" - Means what ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
does anyone still care about that BS hype?

•••
biggest sale the domain world has ever seen - Means what ?

I was wondering what they were going to do to keep the numbers up. Anniversary is coming up, means renewals are coming up. They've had them under $2 at many places for awhile now. So lots of speculation, probably not the best renewal rates.

.top has registrars where you can get them at .40 cents. .40, .41, .48

https://namestat.org/top

Being competitive and for the statement to be true, I'm sure they want to beat .top.

I was going to say somewhere between free and 40 cents but could they go even further and pay people to register names? Give it to you free plus a buck or two? And then hoping to make the money in renewals. Get it into people's hands as cheap as possible, go all in hoping to get renewals.

So I'm going with somewhere under 40 cents.

Last edited:
•••
eventually they will pay people to register them

•••
They probably will make something like '1 + 1 free' (1 free domain per each registered / paid domain).
Or similar promo.

Understandably .xyz is in 'fear / panic' of .top but it's not possible for a TLD called .xyz to stay on top permanently while there is a TLD called .top - this has logic.
While it looks like .xyz has reached the gap, it looks like there is no gap for .top on their way to the top.

Last edited:
•••
Just plain garbage, not even worth reading.

•••
I found this in namecheap :

Starting from June 1, 2016 .xyz domain renewals will be billed at 20% off the regular renewal price for the duration of the renewal period.

•••
I have heard facebook doesn't like .xyz domains.

•••
may be he should have plan for a to z domain.

•••
“biggest sale the domain world has ever seen" - Means what ?

20% off means the biggest sale the domain world has ever seen?! It is not astonishing. Let us wait to see how this hype turns out.

Last edited:
•••
Okay.... .XYZ is on sale for 1 cent @ Uniregistry!!! I agree its YUGE discount. But all the good keywords were taken long back.

•••
I also just saw it just seconds ago, UNIREGISTRY offers .xyz now for 0.01 USD 'for a limited time'.

But that's not a recommendation from me to register some, you know which TLD I recommend.

Don't get euphoric, 0.01 USD is like free - but the registry pros know of course that 'better 0.01 USD than complete free' - simply because a complete free domain will have a complete other psychological effect ('free' = 'worthless').

Last edited:
•••
10K domain names for $100, 100K domain names for $1000...anyone? :rolleyes:

•••
NamePros auction section is going to be filled with these domains pretty soon.

•••
•••
Wait, the CEO/owner (or WTF he is) of a product is saying it's "amazing" and "watch this space". That's weird, because the rest of the world's companies always slate their own products and attempt to deter you from buying them :xf.grin:

You know what, with the way the world is, I wouldn't be surprised if xyz did become more valuable, over time or over night. But honestly don't fail to see the hype from people making a sh*t ton of money from this, as well as the fact a lot of sales and activity is simply from other domainers also hoping and trying to make a few quid.

I think once the hype dust settles some will be valuable, commercial single word etc, but otherwise it's just another biz, org, info etc.

•••
When does the Namecheap 20% off xyz sale start?

I just checked but it's still showing me $9.88 for renewals. Isn't that the normal price I believe?

•••
Whether or not you like the .xyz extension, this guy keeps surprising.
A lot of people have been sceptical, but he is still on .top and has a clear mission and vision. I'm looking forward to see how this works out.

•••
.XYZ domains available for a penny each - that's biggest.

•••
•••
Whether or not you like the .xyz extension, this guy keeps surprising.
A lot of people have been sceptical, but he is still on .top and has a clear mission and vision. I'm looking forward to see how this works out.

.plus .top .sucks.. it only makes sense with broken English (China)

•••
I sale today 30 x $6 each...need sale like 100 more

•••
I would assume they expect a percentage to renew, which is where they will make the money, auto renewal that is

•••
10K domain names for $100, 100K domain names for $1000...anyone? :rolleyes:

Lol...I think ur math is a little wonky :P

at 1 cent each $100 will buy 1k domains, not 10k :)

•••
So you guys think its worth it to grab some? and also do you guys think the resale values on the .xyz will be profitable in the next couple months?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back