IT.COM

news .XYZ Planning “biggest sale the domain world has ever seen”

Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I saw the tweet below from .XYZ CEO Daniel Negari, and I reached out to him to see if he could share what he has planned for the company’s anniversary. From the looks of it, we are going to hear a lot about .XYZ domain names via domain name registrar channels and perhaps other outlets.

read more:

https://gen.xyz/two

Comment :

“biggest sale the domain world has ever seen" - Means what ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
How many of you guys renewed your .xyz names on June 3?

•••
So what happened to that 20% off renewals on namecheap - I have one names that I might renew, not sure yet.

•••
•••
•••
Gee, why am I not surprised - that's what all the grocery stores do :xf.rolleyes:

But the way the things are going soon normal renewals will be at $5 (and even less the next year)

•••
I have until August to decide - but I think I will probably let it expire and try to re-register after drop.
That's also what I'll do with some of my LLL.tech. Why pay $45 (or even $70 at Godaddy) renewal when I can try catching them for a $1 reg fee. And if I can - well, no big loss, they are not worth paying full renewal fee just yet.

•••
I have until August to decide - but I think I will probably let it expire and try to re-register after drop.
That's also what I'll do with some of my LLL.tech. Why pay $45 (or even $70 at Godaddy) renewal when I can try catching them for a $1 reg fee. And if I can - well, no big loss, they are not worth paying full renewal fee just yet.

I tried that last year but someone else grabbed all my names that I let drop almost the exact moment they became available (I kept checking availability every day).

•••
Yeah, it could happen - I meant when I CAN'T - no big loss...

•••
•••
Yet they own one ... ? ... Lol

Many people are using .xyz domain to spam facebook groups and facebook is killing spam. .XYZ is available for cheap, so they buy in bulk for spamming.

•••
Many people are using .xyz domain to spam facebook groups and facebook is killing spam. .XYZ is available for cheap, so they buy in bulk for spamming.

I think that is why .XYZ links get taken down faster on Facebook than .com's. But I think that is a temporary issue since XYZ is much more active in removing abuse than .info ever was.

It will still take some time after this latest $0.01 surge but they are already processing around 180k domain names for removal. They are serious about preventing spam and abuse.

•••
•••
•••
Well then chat lied completely, added to cart just now - Subtotal $8.06 w/ ICANN @cverzonilla @bluebox

Thanks @brandnow

So if NameCheap finally got their act straight, the 20% off should last until 30 June, I'll mull it over, my oldest are only from April this year, who knows what sales will occur before next year. Plus now most of my better names are elsewhere : smile :

•••
Why aren't they taking down the registry then?

Think before you type. You already know the answer but you continue to pretend. Your comment is a waste of space.

•••
Think before you type. You already know the answer but you continue to pretend. Your comment is a waste of space.
You know you are just wasting oxygen here. Right? So why don't you make your own namepros.xyz and see how many cork [that is a stopper on the wine bottle] suckers joins the forum.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back