Domain Empire

news .XYZ Planning “biggest sale the domain world has ever seen”

Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I saw the tweet below from .XYZ CEO Daniel Negari, and I reached out to him to see if he could share what he has planned for the company’s anniversary. From the looks of it, we are going to hear a lot about .XYZ domain names via domain name registrar channels and perhaps other outlets.

read more:

https://gen.xyz/two

Comment :

“biggest sale the domain world has ever seen" - Means what ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Okay.... .XYZ is on sale for 1 cent @ Uniregistry!!! I agree its YUGE discount. But all the good keywords were taken long back.

I was sitting in front of my computer with my finger on the trigger on release day. Even then most of the names I wanted were taken. I ended up with about 50 that I really like. It's been 2 years and I've had some inquiries which led to 2 real offers which I turned down.

Just my opinion, but obscure/long names in this extension have no resale market at this point. Why pay $100 for TheRealKeyword.xyz when the .link and .click are available for 5 dollars.

•••
•••
this is the final effort in sucking as much money from (unaware) domainers as possible as they know 99.999% of the valuable domains are long gone... maybe your better of investing in trash, at least you will have a physical object you can throw at people if the need arise.

i agree that the best thing is to set BIN and if it doesnt sell let it drop after the year, because no way you will renew 1000 domains that you got for 1 buck at the renewal of atleast 8 bucks which comes up to atleast 8000 dollars from the 1 dollar investment which is just crazy.

tldr; give your cents/sense to buddha like the ceo, and not to highly probably cyberwaste

* meanwhile 1nitestand is regging thousands of .xyz's.. while people take his advise seriously and t leave all the diamonds in the rough for him..xD /evil .xyz world domination smile *

Last edited:
•••
•••
I honestly do not understand why people registered .xyz in this moment. - because what I read between lines after this falling prices was - runs a safe place. - or am I wrong ?!

I would not think buy stocks in fall, if the trend is down, will continue further down.

•••
I honestly do not understand why people registered .xyz in this moment. - because what I read between lines after this falling prices was - runs a safe place. - or am I wrong ?!

I would not think buy stocks in fall, if the trend is down, will continue further down.
I spent maybe $2. It was fun and I have a year to try and make my money back. I go buy a Powerball ticket for $2 and it's trash the next morning. Frankly, I think my odds are better with the xyz on getting my money back or even profitting.

•••
Negari knows that xyz was losing with the .TOP, so he decides to lower prices not because with that action he can not save the .xyz, just postpones the fall date. on the other hand, .TOP knows he can not do the same or will destroy the extension.

•••
•••
•••
•••
What about 0.18$ ICANN Fee per domain?

•••
•••
They were not available now.

•••
I guess someone reading this thread ;)

BTW
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domon_group
"Domon Group's research is wide-ranging, but is generally concerned with issues in artificial intelligence, information theory, self-organizing systems and language."

Maybe it's a secret message from a self aware AI ;)
Now - what could "wetlands" mean (flood, tsunami....?)

Oops, sorry for the offtopic.

Carry on :rolleyes:

•••
It's interesting that people registered all common names and common words except for 2:
domon.xyz and wetlands.xyz
Why leave these 2?
Weird...

They weren't left over - they were dropped just now. XYZ drops happen at no particular time and they are sniped within minutes

•••
Ah, OK - but my theory sound less boring so let's just assume it's a secret code from the AI, K? LOL ;)

•••
@DNScholar Promo 2 cents is still available a few places, unknown for how long.
https://tld-list.com/tld/xyz

Mini-Review:
I used InternetBS to purchase more about 16 hours ago, first time user, if you are doing bulk search make sure to UNCHECK ALL before entering a big list that INCLUDES .XYZ extension for better/easier searching, they will still show other avail (site online tech etc) but only XYZ are preselected.
Privacy is free, overall very good experience, will play with features later, looks to be bulk management friendly
http://internetbs.net/domain-name-registrations/index.html

Took about 6 hours for my order to complete, whois.nic.xyz was not working either, so I think it was total system overload. Chat was OK, they couldn't really do much, but my account was blank, no domains, no invoices, the charges had posted to my bank though. It might have been quantity related also.

I attempted to use DirectNic (I already had account there) I managed to get 100 domains in cart, then had to uncheck default privacy $5 each then checkout returned a blank page, tried over and over, cart dumped, slow loading. Chat was unhelpful, they have been dense before as well so I am slightly biased

ETA UPDATE: Sale (2 cent) likely to end at InternetBS within next hour or two, chat won't say exactly so act fast if it is of interest!!

Last edited:
•••
A day is near to come when you will get $1 to buy an .xyz domain... Mark my words!

•••
Now, the question is - how many names that people bought they are willing to renew next year.
Why do I have a feeling everyone is already planning to drop 100% (everything they won't be able sell)
So what kind of new promotion will Negari come up with next year to hide huge drops - free email and hosting with every name?

•••
This sale break some records.

•••
2016-06-03--23-39-08.png

Negari: Well, that was fun. Now what?
XYZ team: *crickets*

•••
400,000 sales threads coming soon.

Just when I thought ultra premium rare deluxe Chinese pattern threads were over, we're in for more fun in the days to come. :lookaround:

•••

Just when I thought ultra premium rare deluxe Chinese pattern threads were over, we're in for more fun in the days to come. :lookaround:
Soon we'll need a separate marketplace subforum just for .xyz

•••

what do you mean ?

•••
Show attachment 32065

Negari: Well, that was fun. Now what?
XYZ team: *crickets*

Soon we'll need a separate marketplace subforum just for .xyz
Hah that may be something for future consideration @Eric Lyon.
what do you mean ?
If you hadn't noticed, during the Chip craze (and still to this day, but not as bad), there were random, pattern, and number threads in just about every extension being posted as an auction (e.g. 4828.me, hdhns.com, yysg.info, etc.).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back