IT.COM

discuss .XYZ THREAD - Sales, Regs, Discussion, News, Debates

NameSilo
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
I searched out all the threads and there isn't an officially designated .xyz thread so how about this one to cover the subject?

So to start off my first xyz reg is:

SH3.xyz
:xf.grin:

Sh stands for Shanghai

May have little value if any but I like short domains as possible that I can get in new extensions and with majority of numbers taken I figured why not for the low reg fee right now. Plus it sorry of rhymes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you actually renewed all these? XYZ has bankrupted the domain community lol

Some of them were renewed for one year, some - not. But all of them are still 2 to 8 months till exp date, and I could hold them longer without any expense, but figured to free up some cash for the other renewals and regs.

•••
XYZ is a black hole, mate, I only kept a handfull XYZs out of 60. Hopefully, I was not exposed much.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry bro but butt plug made me laugh
I hope that one moves for ya
Major errors on that name.
Connection not secure
Repart does not load
Cuzz throws warning page
What kinda landers you using @VadimK
Was going to upload screenshot but its to big for namepros. That upgrade was a real winning solution

•••
Arbs is at epik for sale?
Hurting enough owning xyz but listing it for sale there I would seek medical attention asap if not sooner

•••
Sorry bro but butt plug made me laugh
I hope that one moves for ya
Major errors on that name.
Connection not secure
Repart does not load
Cuzz throws warning page
What kinda landers you using @VadimK
Was going to upload screenshot but its to big for namepros. That upgrade was a real winning solution

Very possible, but who said to go to landing pages? ))) DNS is looking at Epik so GD can verify ownership, but no landing pages of Epik are used (no landing for these names at all))

I said to go to GD Auction for those are interested ))

•••

Web3 platform Soba.xyz helps you create your own blockchain-based games, no coding required

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/post-8479381

1693498053745.png

•••
I do not have too many.
Queuing.xyz
Etheron.xyz
Vocality.xyz

•••
See how things go

cx.xyz
grub.xyz
debt.xyz
funding.xyz

•••
Well, this was short-lived, I bought a handful of .xyz domains from spaceship and woke up to find that these have now all been revoked, without any warning. Spaceship have informed me they will investigate and get some information but a who.is show's these were purged with no warning or information.

•••
Yeah they were too good to be true.

Weird glitch and way of operating, but I'm not surprised. All in all even the crypto world seems quite trustworthy in comparison to the domain world.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah they were too good to be true.

Weird glitch and way of operating, but I'm not surprised. All in all even the crypto world seems quite trustworthy in comparison to the domain world.

In the end the register decided the domains I registered were now premium domains and so revoked my domains after I had paid and started to use them. Honestly haven't experienced this before, Spaceship confirmed it's completed handled by xyz and out of their hand.

I wasn't aware that they would register the domain, grant me access to it and hours later decide that now they should be "premium" and forcefully take them off me without any communication. I have reached out to gen.xyz and 4 days later have heard nothing back.

I guess .xyz isn't the domain for me if they are happy to revoke domains as they like.

•••
In the end the register decided the domains I registered were now premium domains and so revoked my domains after I had paid and started to use them. Honestly haven't experienced this before, Spaceship confirmed it's completed handled by xyz and out of their hand.

I wasn't aware that they would register the domain, grant me access to it and hours later decide that now they should be "premium" and forcefully take them off me without any communication. I have reached out to gen.xyz and 4 days later have heard nothing back.

I guess .xyz isn't the domain for me if they are happy to revoke domains as they like.

come on man u look new but use logic nobody decided they were prem after u.got em.... it's just miscomm by spaceship and or xyz... it happens.

•••
They have the premium domains list in their website.

You could check it before registering. Some registrars don't show the fees in real time.

Personally I wouldn't recommend registering premium .xyz domains.

https://gen.xyz/premiums

Attachments

• xyz-vp.csv
    161.1 KB · Views: 40
•••
They have the premium domains list in their website.

You could check it before registering. Some registrars don't show the fees in real time.

Personally I wouldn't recommend registering premium .xyz domains.

I have no real plans on doing so, there are expectations that if a register is displaying a price for a domain then that is the price. If a store displays their prices incorrectly the fault is with their shops, I do understand this thread is for those who are invested in the domain to a degree but .xyz is the only one who've accepted my money, revoked it and failed to explain why or even contact on the matter, that is my biggest annoyance, you sharing that list is more than gen.xyz have done in this situation.

•••
"The central registry has removed the domain [clipped] from our control. They informed us that the domain shouldn’t have been registered, but was allowed to be registered due to an error on their part."

(from Dynadot, emphasis mine)

I was refunded, so no complaints from me.

Last edited:
•••
I have this nice one

Queers.xyz

•••
•••
robotic process automation
btc futures
digital girls
interdimensional

•••
wp . xyz

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone here own head /////// xyz?

I won it on GD auctions randomly and it's not expired.

So before I pay, just wanted to know if the owner here was going to renew it and then suddenly I have to wait for a GD refund....

•••
Happy to announce the sale of my domain wp.xyz a few days back :xf.cool:

•••
•••
•••
I found the following interesting statistics about the .xyz TLD:

https://domainnamestat.com/statistics/tld/others

The .xyz TLD is currently the 8th most popular TLD in terms of all domain name registration in total, including ccTLDs. But it was only introduced in 2014. If we ignore the ccTLDs then the .xyz is the 4th most popular TLD after .com, .net and .org, but again .xyz was only "invented" in 2014.

Namecheap trend report: https://www.namecheap.com/guru-guides/domain-insights-trends-report-2023/

In 2022 and 2023 the .xyz TLD is the 2nd most popular TLD after the .com, in terms of new domain name registrations, on the Namecheap platform.

Last edited:
•••
I found the following interesting statistics about the .xyz TLD:

https://domainnamestat.com/statistics/tld/others

The .xyz TLD is currently the 8th most popular TLD in terms of all domain name registration in total, including ccTLDs. But it was only introduced in 2014. If we ignore the ccTLDs then the .xyz is the 4th most popular TLD after .com, .net and .org, but again .xyz was only "invented" in 2014.

Namecheap trend report: https://www.namecheap.com/guru-guides/domain-insights-trends-report-2023/

In 2022 and 2023 the .xyz TLD is the 2nd most popular TLD after the .com, in terms of new domain name registrations, on the Namecheap platform.

domainnamestat - > 13,682,036
dotdb - > 3,279,567
ntldstats - > 3,671,615

Does anyone know why is there such a huge difference in reposting?

Also about .com:

domainnamestat - > 256,168,841
dotdb - > 158,526,698

https://dotdb.com/statistics

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back